Status
Not open for further replies.

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
How the *bleep* did I miss this thread? It's taken me this long to find out I made it onto the poster? Returning to work has cause me much phail :facepalm:

:D

I'm right there w/ya...just found it and I'm pretending I'm in the poster, partying with my SS mini...somewhere. LOLOL. Great thread!

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Question: Do we need to switch-off the Provari while replacing the battery?
Or, is it fine/OK to just open the bottom cap, while the device is 'on', and pop-in a fresh batt?

"Switch-Off?" What is this strange term you use?

There is a thread somewhere that took a poll. The majority of people never shut them off. I have only shut mine off once or twice, when it was on my nightstand and started blinking for a battery change when I was going to sleep. It's fine to change the battery without switching it off. The light will blink a little when the battery makes a connection, but will stop when you screw in the cap. You don't lose the settings.

Ozwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Montana
Thanks Oz and Ms. O'lot
I was just being cautious ~ b'coz of our cellphone habits, where it's always wise to switch-off the device before disconnecting the battery (surge protection) ~ and was thinking if Provari needed that precaution as well. I'm a P-noob ya know!

They tell you to do that with cellphones now? Wow. I'm still a CrackBerry lover & they're not designed to be turned off at all. I never liked the iPhone & I gave the Android platform a try... it irritated me after 2 days, I hated it after about 4 & by day 6, I put it in the corner with a bright light shining on it, turned off all the other lights & spent 15 minutes glaring at it from across the room. I got my BlackBerry back the next day. :)

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
They tell you to do that with cellphones now? Wow. I'm still a CrackBerry lover & they're not designed to be turned off at all. I never liked the iPhone & I gave the Android platform a try... it irritated me after 2 days, I hated it after about 4 & by day 6, I put it in the corner with a bright light shining on it, turned off all the other lights & spent 15 minutes glaring at it from across the room. I got my BlackBerry back the next day. :)

I'm off those type of phones since 2007, when I fetched my first iPhone. Stayed with iPhones till 2011 (grabbing all their variants on launch day) - until Nokia N9 happened. Now Meego-Harmattan is my mobile OS!

Kuma79

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2013
United States

My Q10 is supposed to be here on Monday.

Ozwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Montana
I'm off those type of phones since 2007, when I fetched my first iPhone. Stayed with iPhones till 2011 (grabbing all their variants on launch day) - until Nokia N9 happened. Now Meego-Harmattan is my mobile OS!

I'm ready to start moving backwards :) If it were feasible, I'd have no cell what-so-ever, but I have to have one for a couple different reasons. I've considered getting a prepay flip phone or even doing the VoiP 'landline'.

I'm also not happy with what the smartphone market has done to my lovely BlackBerry - I used to pay $30 for unlimited data, txt, minutes, everything. Now I've got it dialed back to the absolute smallest plan they'll let me have & it's costing me almost 4x as much. Now if I could just get a flip with the BlackBerry keyboard on it - IMO the best thing that ever has happened to a phone. I miss my original Curve. I like the larger screen on my Torch, but other than that I wish it had many less 'features' & was basically the first version of the Curve with a larger screen & the 9810's processor. My phone company is confused how I keep refusing their free upgrades for a new phone. No, I don't want that crap, this works just fine.

Kuma79

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2013
United States
I'm ready to start moving backwards :) If it were feasible, I'd have no cell what-so-ever, but I have to have one for a couple different reasons. I've considered getting a prepay flip phone or even doing the VoiP 'landline'.

I'm also not happy with what the smartphone market has done to my lovely BlackBerry - I used to pay $30 for unlimited data, txt, minutes, everything. Now I've got it dialed back to the absolute smallest plan they'll let me have & it's costing me almost 4x as much. Now if I could just get a flip with the BlackBerry keyboard on it - IMO the best thing that ever has happened to a phone. I miss my original Curve. I like the larger screen on my Torch, but other than that I wish it had many less 'features' & was basically the first version of the Curve with a larger screen & the 9810's processor. My phone company is confused how I keep refusing their free upgrades for a new phone. No, I don't want that crap, this works just fine.

You do realize that there is a BB clone of the Torch coming out called the q30 right?

Ozwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Montana
You do realize that there is a BB clone of the Torch coming out called the q30 right?

I hadn't seen that yet, but I haven't been paying attention since they announced BB10 & the 2 initial models. I've looked at the BB10 OS & while I like it better than the iPhone/Androids, that's a bit like saying I'd rather get kicked in the knee than punched in the face. BB was much better product before they started trying to appeal to the smartphone market, but on the flip side they'd probably be out of business by now if they hadn't. Catch-22. I'm just hoping that my situation changes enough in the next few years that I won't need a cell anymore & I'll just turn the phone service off on my BB. At least with BB you can still use it for plenty of other things without an active contract.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory

k6a0.jpg

Be advised Novitiates, despite the many wonders of our Beloved ProVari, it will not charge your phone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread