Gripper Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
This is a statement from a Battery company that customizes batteries.

Callies Kustoms 3100mAh 18650 Panasonic Batteries

2250 IMR 1mm Top
These are the new standard in which to judge all other IMR's! What are the advantages of IMR vs standard lithium ion batteries?
Longer Life over typical Lithium Ion batteries
Higher output. Up to 10 amps continuous discharge
IMR is considered a safer technology, less chance of explosions
Much less voltage sag so your lights stay bright longer

Many people have been asking if these really are IMR batteries. This is a direct quote from a Panasonic Press Release :
"Panasonic has introduced a new high rate lithium ion cell CGR18650CH. The cell’s Nickel Manganese-based cathode material delivers higher discharge rates and better energy density and voltage than comparative cells. CGR18650CH cells are suitable for multi-cell applications."
So the short answer is Yes they are IMR.

Last edited:

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
I've been eyeballin' this one for the last few days and will order it next week with my juice order.
Has anyone noticed any major issues? Minor things don't really bother me much.

Mine has worked flawlessly so far and I haven't had any issues minor or major.:)
I've seen people complain about the sliding door on battery compartment being hard to open but mine opens very easily.

Last edited:

Cool_Breeze

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2011
Kentucky
One change I suggest for a revised Gripper is to drop one of the 4 finger grooves. I think that only a very petite hand would fit the 4 grooves. As has been said elsewhere, the height of the Gripper fit about 3 fingers and the pinkey somewhat naturally curled underneath the unit. Three grooves, perhaps a little wider spaced, would be more comfortable for me than the 4. YMMV.

Rader2146

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2012
Waco, TX
Just received mine today. Been using it for about 30 mins. First impressions...

Pros:
-Great form and size. I'm 5'8" with average hands and it fit easily in my palm.
-Good button layout and crisp clicky buttons.
-It vapes, and I like it. Not much more to say.

Cons: (I come from a technical background where proper quality control safes lives....I can be a bit picky at times.)
-Mine has a "wobbly" connector. Very slight movement forward and backward when viewed with the screen facing me.
-Battey voltage reads .4v low. (see note below)
-Output voltage reads .2v-.4v higher than set voltage. (see note below)
-Concerned about the lifespan of the battery door.
-Stays on for a split second after the fire button is released.

Neutral/Info:
-66.5mm battery stresses the battery door. I recommend 66mm max, but the tolerance from one to another might be slightly different.
-I measured a "leveling off" of output voltage at 5.2v with a 2.1ohm cartomizer; about 15watts. Need more measurements and a fully charged battery before I would call this the "limit".

Note: I measured voltage using and inline adapter and a Craftsman Digital Multimeter with a not so fresh battery (shame on me.) I will verify voltages tomorrow on my calibrated Fluke 77.

Overall, very good initial impression. Important thing is that it's not cigarettes. Accuracy and "bells and whistles" are not that important to me. Adjust fire and vape on. More detailed review after some longer use.

Nurzrachit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2011
Gray,GA.
For under 50$ it is a steal. I don't expect all PV's to perform exactly alike on each specific number. I push the button until it hits the sweet spot. That is the beauty of VV vaping. Picked one up from Madvapes last night for 49.99$, minus 10% on the discount weekend deal. I like the ohm's reading for the rebuildable purposes. They come in silver too now if anybody is interested. Off topic, Smoktech Telescope is out at Gotvapes for 55$. You can fit any dadgum battery you want, good for LR lovers. I may pick one up just for grins, looks awesome for the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread