Status
Not open for further replies.

downInTn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2014
Tennessee
ive been reading and rereading and rereading. i think im missing something
lets say i order 100mg or 36mg nicotine( i read that we are not suppose to talk about a higher concentration, but still see it mentioned, but i will gladly delete if its a nono)
then i have my pg/vg 50/50. how the heck am suppose to know how many ml of nic to add?, im not seeing any indications on that particular part of the process. i might order 'flavorless' 50/50 36mg, but i might have problems getting it shipped here in the quantity that i would actually find useful.

pps i have read and understand all the posts about how to test your nic levels, and know that will be number #1 priority. i dont understand how you get to the base mix of 36/18/12/whatevermg 50/50 juice

side note: im trying to learn diy because alot of us are having problems getting pre-made juice sent here. 6 out of 17 people are out of juice, and the rest of us are hiding our stash before we run out. a few of us are willing to try, but im not goin to buy or start anything until i know more.

When you use one of the mixing calculators you enter what strength your nic base is then what you want your finished juice to be and it calculates how much you need to add.

Download a calculator(there is a link to ejuicemeup just a few post up) and play with it a bit, you'll have it figured out in no time. ;)

krukentip

Jan 22, 2014
Ogden, UT, USA
Ok. It took me 5 days but I never came across my particular subject or with the sheer volume of information I may have missed it. I have been mixing my own e-juice since August 2013. I have been working with LorAnn's butter rum recently and am having a problem. It has a strong alcohol smell to it and I can't seen to get the alcohol out of the finished e-juice. I mixed it at 1% in 10ml. The flavor smells awesome, however you can smell a very strong alcohol smell. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get rid of it or does anyone have a favorite brand that carries a good butter rum flavor? I have never come across this problem in a little over a year of mixing. I see all these recipes with LorAnn's flavorings but I am unwilling to invest in any more with the the issues I have been having with this flavor and also because of fact that it is on the "maybe shouldn't vape" list. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks krukentip. (I have tried to vape this flavor and the alcohol flavor doesn't dissipate with vaping. It is horrible! Aging has not helped to reduce the alcohol horror. Lol.)

Last edited:

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
... I have been working with LorAnn's butter rum recently and am having a problem. It has a strong alcohol smell to it and I can't seen to get the alcohol out of the finished e-juice....

Um, the flavoring doesn't have ethanol in it. So the alcohol you're tasting is probably the rum flavorin component and I cannot see how to remove the rum from butter rum. Maybe look up some hot buttered rum recipes and go to creating your own butter rum without rum with individual flavorings?

Thanks Hoosier, sparkky1, and chriszx2. I've tried airing as suggested but to no avail. It does list alcohol in the ingredients. I think I will chalk it up to an inexpensive experiment that just didn't work out. Lol. Time to search for another butterrum lifesaver flavor. I'll keep those suggestions in mind in case I run across this problem again.

GrandPapa

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2014
Vancouver Canada
Hi,
There is sure a lot of information to digest on this ecf forum and here in DIY forum. Don't know if this is the right forum for this question tho'?
I have purchased some PG/VG (usp) liquid, I have some 48mg VG Nicotine liquid and a 10ML bottle of peach 0 nic flavor. When mixing the juices flavoring aspect
is the Peach 0 nicotine what it the flavor or do I have to get a Peach flavor concentrate?
Jim

sparkky1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2014
Nashville
Jim, it sounds like you bought a flavor base meaning the VG/PG is already mixed in with no nic in which you could add nic but will change the flavoring do to your VG that's with the nic.
You should be looking at flavor concentrates, you will need droppers or syringes to measure with and download e juice me up calculator.
Places to look for flavoring concentrates and nic : one stop diy shop Bull city vapor vaping zone

RIMP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jim, it sounds like you bought a flavor base meaning the VG/PG is already mixed in with no nic in which you could add nic but will change the flavoring do to your VG that's with the nic.
You should be looking at flavor concentrates, you will need droppers or syringes to measure with and download e juice me up calculator.
Places to look for flavoring concentrates and nic : one stop diy shop Bull city vapor vaping zone

Can also be found at Vapers Tek Inawera and TFA are good flavorings and concentrated :)

Charley Crystal

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2014
Detroit, Michigan, United States
Can I buy premixed unflavored e-liquid (VG + my strength nic) and add my own flavor? I am really trying to avoid any alcohol in my e-liquid and I feel like a jerk asking my e-liquid guy which ones are alcohol free or if he uses LorAnn's. I can see where he would find that rude. And does anyone know if LorAnn is the industry standard for over the counter liquids?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread