disgusted-clint-eastwood_zps46976d5e.gif

I'll be yet another with that reaction.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Well, you say it ~ and you can have it ;)

Guys, Good News!
Gus has considered my proposition of having optional Lord Engraved tanks for the ESTIA, yay! And asked me to send him the designs. Let's see how it works out.

Seeing as how this is supposed to be released next week, or at the very least, soon, I can't help but to wonder if I should hold out for the engraved. I don't think that would be the best idea, but I am not in a position to buy more than one -- and the engraved one could look incredible.

Then again, these are not bank-breakers so it's not as much of an issue as it would be from other manufacturers. Either which way, I am just at the stage of choosing which Gus model, not choosing whether I want a Gus -- that's been decided.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Seeing as how this is supposed to be released next week, or at the very least, soon, I can't help but to wonder if I should hold out for the engraved. I don't think that would be the best idea, but I am not in a position to buy more than one -- and the engraved one could look incredible.

Then again, these are not bank-breakers so it's not as much of an issue as it would be from other manufacturers. Either which way, I am just at the stage of choosing which Gus model, not choosing whether I want a Gus -- that's been decided.

Sir, even if the Lord Tanks are made it'd yet be an 'accessory'. Not a full product.

For the simple fact that many have different models of the Gus and not all have the LORD. Besides, there's also the Gus KISS. And the owners of the KISS would like to have a Kiss Tank too.

Thus, the ESTIA will continue to come in the v23 version of the tank as stock. And all other tanks could be purchased optionally, separately.

Grrrr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2013
San Francisco via Manchester U.K.
I think I may wait a few, I don't suppose they'd offer free shipping on just 1 engraved replacement tank, so I'd sooner buy the Estia and the Lord tank (if they offer it) at the same time to get the free shipping.

They could add it as an option at the point of purchase a drop down box with No engraving, Lord engraving and Kiss engraving etc, you could select which one you wanted.

Last edited:

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Sir, even if the Lord Tanks are made it'd yet be an 'accessory'. Not a full product.

For the simple fact that many have different models of the Gus and not all have the LORD. Besides, there's also the Gus KISS. And the owners of the KISS would like to have a Kiss Tank too.

Thus, the ESTIA will continue to come in the v23 version of the tank as stock. And all other tanks could be purchased optionally, separately.

I see, I see. Thanks for the clarification.

FearTX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2013
Outside of Austin, The Republic of Texas
Very nice review Qorax and thank you for your work in enabling Gus to make sexy things sexier. As for the chinese clone digital micrometer. They sell the same Chinese digital micrometer on the Matco and Snap-on tools trucks with different labeling. It is still made in China :) Good job on saving money. I have many thousands of dollars in high end tools and purchased my Chinese digital micrometer for the best price I could find them, Home Depot for 20$ :)

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Order# 1601 has been made for a Gus Lord (no/AFC), thank you very much!

I saw 9 units in stock before my purchase, and like I always do with out-of-country purchases, I go through check out to see what further damage will be incurred. Imagine my surprise to find out that aside from the currency conversion, what the price shows on the site for the hardware is all that you pay. Well, damn! It's rare for me to pull the trigger so effortlessly with little to no vacillating.

Plus, without the extra charges, I don't have to be concerned with paying 2x shipping for making another purchase for the ESTIA, if/when I get one.

I do not know how well this mod will suit me, but I can tell anyone reading this that I have been searching endlessly for a certain kind of mechanical mod and this, so far, feels right! Thanks qorax for the wealth of insight, and dspin, thanks for being that extra vote of confidence! Always appreciate seeing you, D!

Last edited:

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
^^ I'm fairly confident you'll be pleased with your lord. It really is a great mod.

Yeah, I realized I was in the qorax's ESTIA thread and not his GL thread after posting, but either which way, knowing the ESTIA was coming made me jump.

Thanks for the confidence.

dspin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
USA
I think I may wait a few, I don't suppose they'd offer free shipping on just 1 engraved replacement tank, so I'd sooner buy the Estia and the Lord tank (if they offer it) at the same time to get the free shipping.

They could add it as an option at the point of purchase a drop down box with No engraving, Lord engraving and Kiss engraving etc, you could select which one you wanted.

This is how I would want to purchase it - IF I decided to get one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread