Not open for further replies.

BuzzKilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2010
Etobicoke, Ontario
www.graindeep.etsy.com
If you are referring to the airholes on the deck, then it would be ideal to close them off.

you wont get any flooding if you leave them open.
If you leave them open, you will however, be directing air into empty space, and you may not enjoy the vape as much.

the only thing you need to block off is the unused juice channels.
pack them with cotton to seal off the juice channels that you are not using.
if you dont, then you will flood the chamber.

:vapor:

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
Hi guys new to the Estia atties and have a few questions. Do the air flow holes need to be blocked of depending on how many coils are in the build?

Three coils, all air holes open, 1 coils, 1 air hole open (2 others blocked off) or can all three remain open? Or will it flood? Have a three coil build in it now and it rocks. Havent tried a single or twin coil build as yet.

Well the air intakes under the coils, should be blocked off with the included screw's, if not being used. The tank itself has 2 air intakes on one end and 4 air intakes on the other, both can be adjusted to allow proper air flow for your vape preference.

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
Or just use the 4, and match up only two of them, but whatever floats your boat. ;)

I recently got a ton of leaking. Of course, it hasn't been hot as it was before I put it down for a few days, but I put an oring under my little plastic insulator/positive post nut thingy.. leaking seems to have stopped... just can't use my brass accent at the moment...causing just a micrometer of a difference I bet..but I'll see if I can tighten it down more when I rewick..

So far, haven't leaked a single drop.

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
I tried a vertical build that is working rather well dice... I'm going to twist and press 26&28 wire, and try that...

~2mm ID 28awg dual wire/"parallel" build. . . 9 wraps/18total tri- coil... I'm going to try it again...but get at me.. I'm going to do a "parallel"build with a strand of 26&28awg...get more surface area...let me know...

I also was being rushed last night when wrapping..I wrapped two in one direction.. one the other.. didn't realize that until I got in bed to hold estia... instead of reading I like tinkering as much as I can laying down.. this is why I'm consumed by vaping.lol.

Sorry...lol

I don't have the coils right on top of airflow outlet.. around 1mm above.. I'll take a picture when I tear down... not leaking, but gurgling at times..

It is a nice vape.. can definitely improve, but much better results than last one, posted above.

So this one is going to have more wraps(26&28awg), coils on top of airholes, and I'll try rayon, but I really prefer solid strands of cotton..
Edit-too much surface area...not enough voltage...need 510..:/

Last edited:

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
Glad the vert's are doing well for you, mostly. lmao:lol: find on verts, getting the coil's as close to the deck/injectors as possible, helps not only reduce flooding, but insures that the air mass has no other path but through the coils. Works for me, helps prevent wick accidently blocking airway's too.

K said:
Edit-too much surface area...not enough voltage...need 510..:/

Yeah, when one starts doing twisted's, //'s, and timey whimey builds, they do need the kahonas to fire. have gone through the tiger, tri-twisted, mundy, frak, and have just gone straight round, gauge depends on number of coils used and target ohms. Find a good tension wrapped micro coil is very hard to beat in purrformance, flavor and vape. Especially on multi coil rigs where balancing can get tedious sometimes. or something like that. :D

For me, find 24 gauge to be just right for my tall coils and target ohms. works well, quite well.

Rayon should work well, prefer Ramie fiber personally, gave away all my rayon samples to friends. Use cotton balls to clean mods and atty's. Hmm, thinking hemp might do well, will have to try that with Mad Eye's pumpkin juice, aught to put a nice accent on that flavor.

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
I must say, the Estia continues to blow me away. Been putting off re-wicking, trying to have enough time to take pic's, but just hasn't happened. Finally, just had to re-wick, sorry no pics, :lol: but point being, it was long over due, and 2 of the coils were clogged with gunk and was running on one cylinder, or something like that.

cleaned her up, water pic then dry burn :D, rasped out all the build up, pulsed coils, di-lithium crystals still in alignment, warp core is ready, re-wicked, thought I'd died and the almighty was giving me a vape off his divine collection :lol: . :D Totally blow's me away that so many people are missing out on this power house of perfection. Only other rba's in the collection that come close to Estia's potential is the flash-e-vapor V2 and the Magma by Paradigm. Sure the Big Buddha, Big D., Rose2, Erli,... and whatever, all provide a damn fine vape, but they will never match the Vape potential of the Gus Estia.

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
Admittedly, the Aqua does come in close, but is handicapped with only 2 coils. lmao. Though Estia does remind of the Aqua. A petite bundle of power for sure. Both of similar stature and both being a precision build type rba.

Was looking at the new Aqua, couldn't see the build deck well enough in any of the pic's, but for the money, I'd buy another Estia first. Especially if Kostas comes through with the 30 mm tank option. I'd be all over that.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
169rxaq.jpg

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
how is the gus estia compared to the k4 or aqua2 in your opinion?
i've been eyeing the matte 22mm...does it have enough airflow for 3 coils?
what build do you run in it? are there any quirks that i should be aware of from your experience?
thx qorax

Well the only thing that comes close to the Estia is the original Aqua, and the Flash-e-Vapor. Everything else, there is no comparison. :D

I build the Estia vertical mounted, 24 gauge, weighing in at 0.24 ohms. Tis the smoothest, most flavorfull, best throat hit, consistent purrformer of the collection. In my honest opinion, Estia's tri-coil set up, is one of the most optimal designs available in Vape history, and one would be hard pressed to find an atomizer with equal vape potential.

If one enjoys vert's, it a vape dream made real. Though do understand that those that take Estia in the horizontal position, find great Vape Pleasure from her also. :D

Vape long and Prosper.!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread