Gus ESTIA : Unleash the Power√

Status
Not open for further replies.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Well the only thing that comes close to the Estia is the original Aqua, and the Flash-e-Vapor. Everything else, there is no comparison. :D

I build the Estia vertical mounted, 24 gauge, weighing in at 0.24 ohms. Tis the smoothest, most flavorfull, best throat hit, consistent purrformer of the collection. In my honest opinion, Estia's tri-coil set up, is one of the most optimal designs available in vape history, and one would be hard pressed to find an atomizer with equal vape potential.

If one enjoys vert's, it a vape dream made real. Though do understand that those that take Estia in the horizontal position, find great Vape Pleasure from her also. :D

Vape long and Prosper.!!!!

Can you post a pic of your wicking with the verticals?

Bimini Twist

Twisted Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2012
Redneck Riviera
www.mboyd.com
I know this thread has faded away, but I just have to say something.

I've been using this Lord/Estia combo just about every day since I got it. I haven't wrapped any new coils since the second set I put in over 6 months ago. Though much more recently, I can't remember the last time I re-wicked it (with rayon).

I thought I'd re-wick today just because. So I vaped it dry (not the first time on these wicks) and took it apart for a bath. Hmm, very little gunk or scorching.

estia_rewick.jpg

Apparently, Ahlusion's tobacco flavors are not very gunky - or this thing is as good as a DNA 40 at preventing burnt wicks/juice.

I remember being inspired by qorax's Erlk wick method of just snipping at an angle on each end, leaving shoulders and just a bit of tail to go down into the juice channel. Was that the difference? I don't know, but I did it that way again this time.

Filled with Caramel Wild Wood and vaping wonderfully - as predicted. I'm as happy with it today as I was the first day I opened it. :thumbs:

sedge

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2012
Palm Springs, CA
Converting the hybrid Estia to 510 instructions courtesy of roxynoodle.

I did the 510 conversion on the Estia so wanted to share in case others need this info in the future.

1. You must remove your build as you will need to remove the center post.
2. Unscrew the brass part that makes the connection to the battery in the mech.
3. Use a 17mm socket or wrench to remove the beige plastic part on the bottom of the Estia. A white disk comes with the 510 kit. Insert the base of the Estia upside down into the disk to hold it in place, and use your socket or wrench to unscrew the plastic part on the bottom of the Estia's base.
4. The center post is press fitted. You can now pull it out.
5. Press fit the new center post. It takes some good pushing. I used that white disk again so I didn't mar up my table.
6. Add supplied o ring to new plastic base and screw it on. No socket needed for this one.
7. Screw on new metal 510 base.
8. Screw in 510 pin. It has no slot so just do it by hand.

Hope that helps :)

Chelonian

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
Upper East TN
I know I am tardy to this party but,
Love my Estia as well.
I build it to .75 and has replaced drippers fory in office days. I also find myself using it at the house instead of dripping.
This is coming from a guy who HATES full sizedo mods when on the go.
If someone is wondering about this tank - get off the fence . Buy it.
It is as good as they say.
I have bought pretty much every tank made looking for vape that I like compared to dripping, and this is the only thing that does it. I find it every bit as good as the REO drippers, and unlike REO products, the fit and finish is impeccable.
One caveat - its def not a beginners tank.

Redacted

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread