Halloween contest for SmokeStik users/lovers only. Amazing prize!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CalamityJan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
TX
My Halloween story resulted in an 8 pound 11 ounce chubby-cheeked baby girl. No, I am not gonna tell you that I went trick-or-drinkin' and got hammered on spiked apple cider and ended up in the back of a '57 Chevy. Although, this story may be the results of my DH taking me out for Valentine's Day and plying me with champagne.

My due date was October 20th of that year and I was in a countdown for the last few weeks. Went to the Dr. every week to check for the impending signs but by the highly anticipated date.... still no signs of baby bliss.

As the days passed the golden date, I was getting so big I could barely get out of a chair. (My pre-preg weight was < 100#'s) I went shopping, walked the mall, ate Mexican, and on October 30th, I bowled 3 games in a league with the girls. All the time suffering with a backache and pressure pains in the groin.

Finally, just after midnight (it has now become Oct.31st) my water broke and we headed to the hospital. But, I did take time to put on the Halloween costume that I never really planned on wearing. I had made a crepe paper hoop and painted "Goodyear Blimp" on it as that seemed appropriate. I arrived at the hospital wearing this contraption.... which they promptly made me remove to get in the wheelchair.

At just past 8 AM I delivered my one and only child! Much to her chagrin, my now-grown daughter is still a precious l'il witch and celebrates a unique birthday.

redheadone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2011
North Carolina
My story is this! I have a special needs daughter that is 23 but has the mental abilities of a 5 or 6 yr. old child and a speech impediment also. I let her get dressed up every year to go trick or treating and she really looks forward to it. All the people in the neighborhood knows she is special needs and just over runs her bucket with goodies and enjoy seeing her come by each year! I am thankful for such caring people in this world for children like her and gives me hope for the other children that is totally dependent upon others. Please keep them in your heart and prayers for we are their only hope!

Uma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2010
Calif
When my Grandson was 5 he had to have surgery on his gums to remove one of those cyst tumor thingies. (I never can remember official medical terms). It was almost Halloween and the Dr. surprised him with a real and stretchy Spiderman suit. It wasn't your typical costume fabric at all. Not only did he wear the suit happily that Halloween but every time we turned around thoughout the year that kid would have it on again. That was the sweetest, most generous gesture we've ever encountered personally from a DR and we're still tickled by it all these years later. He's in his teens now, and the suit lays tidily in his dresser. I have a feeling he'll be handing it to his son when the time comes.

unless... unless .... no, it couldn't be.... surely those were just red socks under his pantleg... surely it's still in his dresser... oh dear...

Last edited:

gjns711

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2011
Cartersville, VA
My mom was a unique human being. A human being to the finest degree. On her birthday when she turned 50, my then husband and I threw her a party to beat all parties. We bought kegs, bushels of oysters, food running out of our ears and invited anyone and everyone we loved to come to this one of a kind Halloween/Birthday party. Now my mom was an artist, practicing and by trade, she taught art at our local school. One of her jobs was to produce and put on plays, she picked Henri Rousseau as one of her themes that year and brought all the sets home to decorate the house. It was wonderful; lions, tigers, bears, giraffes, elephants, etc. peeping out from every corner (these sets were large too). Candle light glowing from every angle. The house looked amazing, a fog machine going. But she decided it was missing something, she asked me and a couple of my friends to go bring in leaves for the ambiance and to complete the decor. They thought she meant a couple of twigs, but I knew better, I knew her, she meant arm load, after arm load of fall leaves dumped all over the house, in every single room. She said the house had to have the "right" crunch when you entered. Of course she was right, it was the coolest, most beautiful, most fun and memorable party we ever threw. My husband on the other hand who was still raking leaves at Christmas in order to decorate for the new holiday was less than happy. It took months and months to get rid of all those leaves, thank goodness we live in an old farm house. I will never forget that night nor will any of our guests, and my mom....my mom was and is a legend.

kritter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2011
western north carolina
This is NOT an entry! I would just like to say I have seen some amazing people on the forum and by that I mean the compassion of people here! You can not judge a person on their wittiness, their intelligence, their knowledge of technology or other meaningless qualities but by their compassion for others and that is what REALLY wins in this life! Congratulations to those people for you are the real WINNERS in life!!

spacekitty

Krazee Kat Laydee & Guru-X2.5
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA
I really don't have any funny Halloween stories, and although I don't have any where I live right now... I would never have humiliated any of my cats by dressing them up in silly costumes (they would never have put up with it any way... LOL!!) tongue.gif

So I did the best with what I have... some snails in a tank that are left over from when I had my little Dwarf African frogs... they didn't seem to mind... :2cool:

HalloweenSnails.jpg

(at first I was just gonna use the hat portion, but then my speaker turned out to be just purr-fect... wub.gif )

can you say.....FREAK! I love yu spacekitty....LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

Biomom

ECF Veteran
May 6, 2010
Washington, DC
Story and a picture.

My mom used to have these Harry Potter Halloween parties and liked to do her own haunted house with them. Well, one year she went all out, even built a coffin for my brother to hide in, but still wasn't having much effect on the kids. My 8 yr old daughter was going through, obviously nervous, saying "This isn't scary. I'm not scared. This is no big deal." I saw the disappointment on my mom's face and decided I had to do something. So, I moved in front of my daughter and then put on my best act ever... pointing behind her as though I was shocked, horrified, and about to die, I screamed [for the first time in her life] what she still calls to this day "BLOODY MURDER", over and over. She couldn't see what was freaking me out but it scared her into screaming for her life which then got the rest of the girls screaming. We then laughed till our sides split, and 6 years later she has not forgiven me. :)

Here is my 4 1/2 year old red iguana, Movy, dressed like a cowboy (well as much as you dare dress an iguana :)

Iguana.jpg

spacekitty

Krazee Kat Laydee & Guru-X2.5
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA
And I clearly remember BOTH of you saying something about no cross-talk and/or chit chat!!!

bla-bla-emoticon.gif

Oooops.... and then I went and did it myself... LOL!! :facepalm:

But while I'm at it...
15917530811.gif
on your NEW (?) status, Susie!!!

Sorry I didn't notice it sooner... I guess it's nice to keep it all in the family... sillylove.gif

susie22321

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
St. Clair Shores, MI
www.smokestik.com
You don't listen very well, LK! I seem to remember offering you....shhhh...the attachment and something in pink? Does that ring a bell at all? I have no intentions of ridiculing you....and I won't say there's no such word as irregardless....Nope, not sayin' it! :p

Good job on rather, though!

And yes, I did specify no PS or PSP or any of those artful things you do! As in...no fussin with the photo :)

SK, LK started it...and it's HER thread...so there! SHE is the one who has to conduct the random generator winner, lol, not me!

And yeah, just a wee bit late, but thank you! She introduced me as the WORD GRAMMER GRAMMOR GRAMMAR POLICE, I believe :)

the attachment and something in pink?

um......no comment. Just.....no comment. RFLMAO!!!

meamber.jpg

Now...let's cut the chatter, shall we? Back to the contest!!!!! Only 3 days left. And as far as random goes.....if humans are involved...there is no such thing. And if me and spacekitty are involved.....even less so. hahahahahaha.....seriously though. I am going to have Steve oversee the random generator.....just so there will be NO whining....if spacekitty wins yet AGAIN.....so be it.....that is what this contest is for. To reward the people who use,love and support SmokeStik. Just a reminder....all I ask is that if you win and won't use the product yourself....please PIF it to someone who will appreciate it. Don't let me see it in the classifieds or I won't be able to do this again. LK (oh....I'm the old one in the picture...LOL)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread