Status
Not open for further replies.

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
Have you tried Kanthal builds? My screen is pretty stable when using nickel, but kanthal builds I can reproduce the glitching every time. For a .05 ohm kanthal build it will glitch somewhere in the 20-29 watt range. Usually in or around 25-28 watts. On a 1.2 ohm kanthal build it will glitch in the 30-39 watt range. Sometimes it does not show on the first fire, so 4-5 fires on each single watt increment is a good way to test as you work your way up.

I don't build coils..... in non temp mode I use manufactured non-nickel coils in tanks and also carto tanks.... nothing seen there either.... the one quick screen refresh was in TP mode...

I guess you got yours to change the screen from right to left and go into stealth mode.... you said it would not do this earlier. Just wondering.

thermoplastics

Dec 8, 2014
USA
I don't build coils..... in non temp mode I use manufactured non-nickel coils in tanks and also carto tanks.... nothing seen there either.... the one quick screen refresh was in TP mode...

I guess you got yours to change the screen from right to left and go into stealth mode.... you said it would not do this earlier. Just wondering.

After two days it finally switched over, not sure why or how but it does change left to right no problem now.

alistairs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2014
Castro Valley, CA, USA
Preach It Brother! Amen To That :thumbs:

I railroaded Hana kinda. I sent the device back on a Saturday and let them know on Monday it was gonna be at their door that day :lol: If in fact they do send it back to me then I guess UPS will get a refusal from me and we can play the ship back and forth game. Julie was who I talked to on the phone and she admitted Evolv has not fixed the chips and has left them hanging. I hate that but that doesn't give them a right to leave me hanging.

You're fine and don't need to do anything else. Your credit card company will honor your dispute and support a chargeback against Hana to get your money back, and if you give them the return tracking info, Hana does't have a leg to stand on. I don't know why so many companies pretend they don't know this. Of course you probably won't be able to buy anything from them in future, but I'm guessing you won't want to anyway!

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
Man, really smells like Evolv is having money problems. I suspect the DNA40 issues probably hurt the hell out of their cash flow (and that of their partners), and the cracks are starting to show.

Nice troll....Hyperion had a 10% off sale for Mother's day also... nice for companies to do that... Yihi certainly isn't...lol

logicone

May 18, 2015
Indianapolis
Vaping on my Hana v4 w/ a Kayfun v4 tobeco clone with a 28 gauge nickel build at .26 Ohms w/ Japanese Cotton (14.7 Watts 390F, Cuttwood Sugarbear 6mg nic).. I love this mod to death and have had very little screen issues and no battery gauge issues. The battery door is weird though, I have to pull the switch back while pushing the door shut to get it to latch.. The texture of this mod kind of makes me crazy though (especially if I have dry hands), its like its made from a chalkboard..

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
Vaping on my Hana v4 w/ a Kayfun v4 tobeco clone with a 28 gauge nickel build at .26 Ohms w/ Japanese Cotton (14.7 Watts 390F, Cuttwood Sugarbear 6mg nic).. I love this mod to death and have had very little screen issues and no battery gauge issues. The battery door is weird though, I have to pull the switch back while pushing the door shut to get it to latch.. The texture of this mod kind of makes me crazy though (especially if I have dry hands), its like its made from a chalkboard..

That is the way the door latch is designed.... the latch serves as a circuit contact so it has to be tight. By not manually moving the latch to close the door you will bend the contact point.... not good to do that....

Last edited:

Croak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2012
Right behind you...
Nice troll....Hyperion had a 10% off sale for Mother's day also... nice for companies to do that... Yihi certainly isn't...lol

I wasn't talking about sales amigo. My bad on not quoting something from the several posts about return/warranty hassles before that sales link.

To clarify, I was referring to the about-face on their previously strong warranty policy, and the cascade effect it's seemingly having on their partners. This could be bad news for Evolv, as a strong warranty and a reputation for reliability were among their strongest selling points, and you can stumble on one if you're strong on the other. They're losing both fights. The "USA USA USA!" factor doesn't really carry too much weight these days (or the last few decades for that matter), and the tech advantage is mostly gone.

But since you went there, discounting is not a good indicator of a thriving business or product, often it's the opposite.

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
I wasn't talking about sales amigo. My bad on not quoting something from the several posts about return/warranty hassles before that sales link.

To clarify, I was referring to the about-face on their previously strong warranty policy, and the cascade effect it's seemingly having on their partners. This could be bad news for Evolv, as a strong warranty and a reputation for reliability were among their strongest selling points, and you can stumble on one if you're strong on the other. They're losing both fights. The "USA USA USA!" factor doesn't really carry too much weight these days (or the last few decades for that matter), and the tech advantage is mostly gone.

But since you went there, discounting is not a good indicator of a thriving business or product, often it's the opposite.

A lot of innuendo in your assumptions (please provide facts that Evolv is no longer thriving and Hana is no longer thriving ) (Hyperion is giving a discount... not Hana or Evolv) .....so any business that is advertising a discount or sale is not thriving? ...look at Walmart, General Motors, Target, Best Buy, Staples, and etc (weekly sales adds)...... Evolv's strongest trait is innovation..... their warranty has not changed (they went above and beyond their warranty for a short time to further help the community)....they are an OEM at this point and not a device manufacturer...

Last edited:

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
Temperature Protection.....

Just saw this article (May 20, 2015)..... E-cigarettes generate high levels of aldehydes only in ‘dry puff’ conditions.

E-cigarettes generate high levels of aldehydes only in ‘dry puff’ conditions - Farsalinos - 2015 - Addiction - Wiley Online Library

Noted: Hana Modz and others provided the equipment for this study at no cost.....

(Quote) We would like to thank Florian Töller, from SMtec Germany, and Hana Modz, USA for providing us with the requested equipment at no charge.

thermoplastics

Dec 8, 2014
USA
Temperature Protection.....

Just saw this article (May 20, 2015)..... E-cigarettes generate high levels of aldehydes only in ‘dry puff’ conditions.

E-cigarettes generate high levels of aldehydes only in ‘dry puff’ conditions - Farsalinos - 2015 - Addiction - Wiley Online Library

Noted: Hana Modz and others provided the equipment for this study at no cost.....

(Quote) We would like to thank Florian Töller, from SMtec Germany, and Hana Modz, USA for providing us with the requested equipment at no charge.

While that is nIce that they supplied mods, their CS towards regular users is pretty poor. Not only will Hana not replace my mod with a glitching screen, they actually had the audacity to tell me that it is normal. On top of that Hyperion are one of the worst shops around and their CS is even worse than Hana. Actually had a worker at Hyperion tell me there are no screen issues with Evolv chips to then hung up on me when I politely cited that this was untrue. On top of this Hyperion actively deletes any negative FB posts (just check out the currently empty "posts to page" on the left, trust me that area has been anything but empty in the past) asking about shipping issues or Hana issues on their store page going so far as banning anyone who does so. Just search Hyperion or Hana on Reddits /r/electronic_cigarette/, you can get a pretty clear picture of how these two companies treat their customers. To me it saddening to see open advertising for such poor companies on here, especially when the last couple pages were specifically pointing out all the issues and problems Hana has. 10% off is nowhere near enough of a deal to potentially get treated as a nuisance and flat out ignored when you inevitably have issues.

Last edited:

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
I've had no issue with Hana nor Hyperion...first purchase from both.... V4 still not causing issue here.... neither has treated me badly... I'm not seeing any open advertising here just customers comments and passing on info on discounts... happens in a lot of threads.... I get numerous e-mails from vendors showing sales and discounts on items.. and usually pass the info along.... as do others....

a tez

Mar 21, 2015
New York
I've had nothing but positive experiences with Hana Modz. I had to send my V4m back once because my mod wasn't giving me the correct ohm readings and they took it back without any questions and I had it back a week later. On that same mod, it shipped with a scratch on it and they offered to credit me $30.

My V4 screen as glitched once in TC mode and hasn't done it again. I haven't tried in normal power mode because I don't use kanthal on any of my DNA40 mods.

SavePaperVapor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2009
Minnesota, USA
876a369ec2e5ed97b025e81cfb6c17fc.jpg

Bon fire, hops, and the v4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: BTerry

Rikk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2014
Utah
So I wanted to use my new Hana for a couple days before posting - and after having such a great experience with my Flask I was hoping for a similar experience, or at least with the board. Now it's only going on 2 days but so far I'm very happy.

I also built my Calix with nickel for the first time, and I was half expecting to use the atty lock feature because I wasn't sure how the Calix would manage nickel. It's wearing nickel very well. It refined from .16 to .14 over night, we're I thought it should be anyway, and both are performing as expected. No more refinement and lots of use today.
e21da858eab8bd1b6a1bb08e7c2f3dfb.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Hammy75

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
So I wanted to use my new Hana for a couple days before posting - and after having such a great experience with my Flask I was hoping for a similar experience, or at least with the board. Now it's only going on 2 days but so far I'm very happy.

I also built my Calix with nickel for the first time, and I was half expecting to use the atty lock feature because I wasn't sure how the Calix would manage nickel. It's wearing nickel very well. It refined from .16 to .14 over night, we're I thought it should be anyway, and both are performing as expected. No more refinement and lots of use today.
e21da858eab8bd1b6a1bb08e7c2f3dfb.jpg

Sounds like it's doing what it should.... mine still rocking as expected too....I don't use atty lock.... no need for me....

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
It's been a week now with the V4 and only one screen quick blink... vaping just as a dna40 should.... on a side note a buddy just built a DNA25 and DNA40 (first he has ever built) and he did a bang up job ( he does electronics)... both working just great and without any issues....he has moved from mech mods to TP.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread