Hana Modz DNA40 V4S (skinny!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

logicone

May 18, 2015
Indianapolis
I ordered mine late on Saturday directly from hana modz and it just shipped late this afternoon. Fortunately hana modz is located near Chicago and I live in Indianapolis so hopefully it is a fast trip here. On the other side of the coin I live in Indiana and could cry over the juice ban (aka HB 1432 which isn't really a ban but might as well be). I don't know wtf to do..

Reactions: Rikk

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
When I needed some batteries, I was looking for some 25r's just to try them out but I found a great deal on HE2's so I bought a pack of 5. They're both very, very similar in specs and performance so go with whichever is cheaper. The HE4's have the same specs as HE2's but generate less heat at high amp draw supposedly. I think the HE2, HE4 and 25r are all better than the VTC4's mainly because of the extra capacity. Sony's (both VTC4 and VTC5) are overrated, especially for the price and availability.

Amazon has a pack of 4 HE2's for under $21 shipped. I'll be ordering more of them when I need more batteries.

Reactions: Rikk

Rikk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2014
Utah
I bought some 25r's for my Provari's and only used them a couple of times because I couldn't stand the size of the provari in 18650 mode. Then I couldn't get them to fit in my Flask so I bought the VTC4's. So when I bought the V4 Hana I thought yea, I can finally use 25r's but then I had to read that recommendation to use the HE's and I didn't want to take a chance and not have my batteries fit when it got here.

I wish I would have read the last few posts first because I probably would have just used my 25r's and saved me a little money ;)

Reactions: logicone

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
You can never have too many batteries :D

I only have 2 spare HE2's and the only mods that I can change batteries easily is the rDNA40 and Hana v4. My VS DNA40 and Hana mini clone are both hard wired and the cloupor boxes have screws that hold the door so I rarely change those batteries (just charge thru usb). I have a pair of Efest 3100's that I use in my cloupor mini but rarely use that mod and it never sees more than 12w so the 6.8a is fine.

a tez

Mar 21, 2015
New York
When I needed some batteries, I was looking for some 25r's just to try them out but I found a great deal on HE2's so I bought a pack of 5. They're both very, very similar in specs and performance so go with whichever is cheaper. The HE4's have the same specs as HE2's but generate less heat at high amp draw supposedly. I think the HE2, HE4 and 25r are all better than the VTC4's mainly because of the extra capacity. Sony's (both VTC4 and VTC5) are overrated, especially for the price and availability.

Amazon has a pack of 4 HE2's for under $21 shipped. I'll be ordering more of them when I need more batteries.

Last time I bought authentic VTC4s they were $8. Not expensive at all. Also, they are the safest battery when it comes to sub ohming. The LG and Samsung batteries are 20amp while the VTC4s are 30amp. Pretty big difference in term of safety at super low ohms.

If you don't need the high amp discharge, then yea, the other batteries are definitely better.

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest

a tez

Mar 21, 2015
New York

a tez

Mar 21, 2015
New York
LG HE2's have been tested at over 40a continuous draw and had no ill effects on the battery. Not just one battery but quite a few from different batches. Tests were done independently and by LG.

VTC4's have less capacity (2100mah vs 2500mah) and cost 50% more. Yes, they are overrated.

Do you have the test results showing this? The ones I have seen show pulsing of 40amp.

Depends on where you get your batteries from, but it's definitely not 50% more everywhere.
Batteries - Batteries - Sony,Xtar,LG,Panasonic,Samsung..... - RTD vapor

SavePaperVapor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2009
Minnesota, USA
791b92e2df7f147782714bb43e2c2c1c.jpg

Loving this bad boy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jstrong

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
Virginia
My V4 just made it back to Hana today. They called me and said it is used. I said well yeah, how do you think I know the screen glitched? They said they don't refund used items. I then told them I don't pay for items that glitch either. I was informed that my Hana was on it's way back to me and I said that is fine because I will sell the thing super cheap and dispute the charge on my credit card and I will have my money back, and a free mod to sell. Their loss.

thermoplastics

Dec 8, 2014
USA
My V4 just made it back to Hana today. They called me and said it is used. I said well yeah, how do you think I know the screen glitched? They said they don't refund used items. I then told them I don't pay for items that glitch either. I was informed that my Hana was on it's way back to me and I said that is fine because I will sell the thing super cheap and dispute the charge on my credit card and I will have my money back, and a free mod to sell. Their loss.

Yep, quality CS there. Seems to be quite a trend with the sellers of DNA40 devices. Coincides nicely with the fact that Evolv is no longer taking in mods for fixes.

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
Evolv has nothing to do with Hana Modz refund policies. jstrong should have looked at Hana Modz Return policy before shipping his V4 back to Hana imo....

Hana Modz Return Policy:

RETURNS
HANA MODZ provides a seven (7) day return policy on unused products.

Shipping charges are non-refundable.

10% restocking fee plus any shipping fees for all returned items.

No returns on Custom Engraved products.

Reactions: dr g

jstrong

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
Virginia
Evolv has nothing to do with Hana Modz refund policies. jstrong should have looked at Hana Modz Return policy before shipping his V4 back to Hana imo....

Hana Modz Return Policy:

RETURNS
HANA MODZ provides a seven (7) day return policy on unused products.

Shipping charges are non-refundable.

10% restocking fee plus any shipping fees for all returned items.

No returns on Custom Engraved products.
I did look at the poilicy. I understand that but their policy covers defects and the only way to know it had a defect was to use it for a few hours. Either way I get my money back whether they refund it or not. My credit card company is not gonna make me pay for a device that is defective. Granted Evolv says the screen reset while it glitches is a fix, in my eyes it is still a defect.

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
I did look at the poilicy. I understand that but their policy covers defects and the only way to know it had a defect was to use it for a few hours. Either way I get my money back whether they refund it or not. My credit card company is not gonna make me pay for a device that is defective. Granted Evolv says the screen reset while it glitches is a fix, in my eyes it is still a defect.

Understand what you are saying... if it is a board defect according to Evolv and/or a QC issue of Hana it looks like to me it would be a warranty item anyway .... board warranty by Evolv thru Hana or a design/QC of the device by Hana also would be on Hana..

Reactions: jstrong

thermoplastics

Dec 8, 2014
USA

Sure, but Evolv used to take in mods to fix, since the chip was released in fact. This recently changed and now the only place to turn is the box manufacturer, who we all know are notorious [Moderated]. Problem being now that Evolv doesn't take in mods the mod manufactures are now cracking down on any returns. Just look at how VaporShark has quickly changed from great CS to now literally selling mods that are employee admitted faulty http://i.imgur.com/cos57p2.jpg with no warranty, just to unload them as obviously Evolv is not helping anymore. Hana is trying to do the same thing here by basically taking no returns on items they have already admitted to me to have screen glitching (of course only after purchase). At this point it does not matter what their "return policy" states as anyone selling DNA40 devices is knowingly selling faulty devices. We know it, they know it and it's [Moderated] BS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: jstrong

jstrong

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
Virginia
Sure, but Evolv used to take in mods to fix, since the chip was released in fact. This recently changed and now the only place to turn is the box manufacturer, who we all know are notorious [Moderated]. Problem being now that Evolv doesn't take in mods the mod manufactures are now cracking down on any returns. Just look at how VaporShark has quickly changed from great CS to now literally selling mods that are employee admitted faulty http://i.imgur.com/cos57p2.jpg with no warranty, just to unload them as obviously Evolv is not helping anymore. Hana is trying to do the same thing here by basically taking no returns on items they have already admitted to me to have screen glitching. At this point it does not matter what their "return policy" states as anyone selling DNA40 devices is knowingly selling faulty devices. We know it, they know it and it's [Moderated] BS.
Preach It Brother! Amen To That :thumbs:

I railroaded Hana kinda. I sent the device back on a Saturday and let them know on Monday it was gonna be at their door that day :lol: If in fact they do send it back to me then I guess UPS will get a refusal from me and we can play the ship back and forth game. Julie was who I talked to on the phone and she admitted Evolv has not fixed the chips and has left them hanging. I hate that but that doesn't give them a right to leave me hanging.

Last edited by a moderator:

thermoplastics

Dec 8, 2014
USA
Just an update on my V4..... recharged 4 times now and many tanks drained without a single glitch.... only saw one quick screen refresh and no characters out of place even then.... been using since last Wednesday...

Have you tried Kanthal builds? My screen is pretty stable when using nickel, but kanthal builds I can reproduce the glitching every time. For a .05 ohm kanthal build it will glitch somewhere in the 20-29 watt range. Usually in or around 25-28 watts. On a 1.2 ohm kanthal build it will glitch in the 30-39 watt range. Sometimes it does not show on the first fire, so 4-5 fires on each single watt increment is a good way to test as you work your way up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread