Has anyone tried Aeros Smokeless Cigarettes

Status
Not open for further replies.

2-cardis

Jan 11, 2009
Cypress, TX
Anybody wanna send me theirs so I can try it without wasting a small fortune on it? Sorry, it's kinda like that fould odor in the fridge that gets passed around the room, everyone sniffing it, making the face, agreeing it is foul, but you feel compelled to try it for yourself anyhow, knowing it must be pretty foul.:rolleyes:

Are you off your meds again :D

Vince1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2009
Down South, USA.
So there must be some kind of chemical bonded to the nicotine molecules that causes them to be released by the oxygen flow or more likely causes bonding to the hydrogen atoms as they pass through......very interesting. Either way I can see this causing a harsh reaction on the skin...unstable molecules and what-not.....

lazylightning

Feb 15, 2009
Almost 10 years ago, RJR sent me promotional stuff regarding Eclipse (coupons and literature). I tried them and I didn't like them. Just like the letter from Aeros says, I initially wanted a "real" cigarette after an Eclipse.

A couple of years passed and I came down with pneumonia (which had absolutely nothing to do with my smoking - my doctors told me this even though they disapproved of my smoking). It was at that point that I switched to Eclipse because it literally hurt to smoke normal cigarettes.

It took a little getting used to, but I soon found myself happy with them and after a year or two I found that if I smoked "normal" cigarettes I quickly developed a cough (found this out on a week-long business trip to a city that I could not find Eclipse in).

Sorry that I haven't mentioned Aeros yet, but I'm getting to it (right about now):

I got a pack of Aeros the Friday before last. I believe I can adjust to them better than most smokers since I've smoked Eclipse for such a long time. In my so far limited use, I can tell you that they definitely deliver the nicotine that we crave so much. I still prefer lighting something on fire and inhaling that, but it's COLD outside. I used Aeros at a bar Friday night - I had to have a 'real' cigarette right after the chicken wings I ate (which most of you probably don't even consider 'real' since it was an Eclipse), but after that I stuck with Aeros (it was snowing and windy outside - basically it SUCKED to "enjoy" a cigarette, but I had to have one anyway).

I've tried nicotine patches and didn't like them (too low of a dose over an extended period rather than the occasional strong injection delivered by a cigarette every 30 minutes or so). I've tried the gum (too hard to moderate the level of nicotine - before I knew it, I had too much). The thing I'm worried about with Aeros is that it's too easy to draw and I may end up increasing my addiction to nicotine. With a cigaratte (even an Eclipse), you light it, smoke it and then it's gone.

I have no idea how to tell when my Aeros is done. I have no idea when I'm done smoking. I take a drag here and there and it allows me to hold off on lighting a cigarette, but unlike a cigarette, I don't just put it out - I'm afraid that rather than having a cigarette every couple of hours (if I'm at work) or every 30 minutes if I'm drinking, I'll just constantly "puff" on the Aeros.As for those who say it's harsh, the literature I got with Aeros advised me to only inhale a little at first so I could see how it felt. I don't draw as hard on these things as I do regular cigarettes and I have not experienced this harshness at all.

As for cost, I don't have enough experience to tell how it rates with $52.19 a carton (what I paid yesterday), but if their claims are true it should be cheaper - and that $52.19? That's an increase of more than 10% in the past 4 weeks and I'm outraged by that. At the start of the year it was $47-something, then it was $48-something, then $49-something and then they took nearly a $3 increase.

Sorry 7-11 (the only store I know of around here that carries Eclipse) and sorry RJR, but you can't screw your customers around like that. RJR had the audacity to blame Obama and while I'm not a big fan of our newly elected president, his newly proposed tax increases have not yet taken effect.

Blaming increases in cigarette prices on taxes is ridiculous. They're 500% more expensive than when I first started smoking, yet if I look at the taxes I'm paying now (and imagine that there were no taxes when I started), they should only have risen about 150% at most.

I'm determined to quit smoking now - not just because a carton has exceeded the $50 mark, but because it's gone up MORE than 10% in about 4 weeks. If they had increased the price more gradually, I probably would have gone along with it, but they got too greedy and rather than increasing their profits they have lost a customer and I sincerely hope RJR goes out of business and if they ask for a government bailout, I'll say "Hell no" (just like I said for the banks and the auto-makers - fat lot of good that did, eh?)

Sexy Latina

Feb 21, 2010
Texas
Harsh? HARSH? This ain't just harsh, it's gargling fiberglass dust harsh! It's deep-throating sandpaper phalluses harsh! It's ... OK, I ran out of steam on that. Anyone else have any more to suggest? :lol:

Point being, this thing is NASTY, with a capital N.

OK, first, a discription. The Aeros is a white plastic flattened cylinder, slightly pinched together in the middle, and sealed on both ends. You have to cut off both ends with scissors, and inside is a folded papery substance, I presume to be tobacco laced with some chemical delivery system. You just inhale through it, and the air somehow picks up the nicotine as it passes. You keep puffing on it as long and often as you want. If you deplete the nicotine, let it rest, and it'll recharge somehow, and you can puff away again for a while. It's supposed to last for up to 3 days, depending on use.

I used to smoke lights or ultra-lights, so my tolerance is lower than most, so YMMV, but I can feel the hit fairly well. It feels about like the medium strength e-liquid, or so. And the menthol flavour is also strong, almost overpowering. Without the visible smoke, the experience is somewhat lacking, but it would do fine for an airplane or restaurant, for example. If the rush and the taste were the whole sensation.

But the strongest sensation is not the rush, or the taste, but the horrible burning in the back of the mouth and the throat. If you just take one or two hits, it's OK. A bit of a stinging feeling like strong mouthwash. Or a bit too much e-smoke. But too many hits, and it gets worse, untill it feels like your throat's being scoured with steel wool. And it keeps on stinging each time you breathe.

Now, they send you a letter which says, paraphrased, that it takes some time to get used to smoking it, and you should give it at least THREE PACKS to get used to it!! B' F'ing ....!! I am not, say again, NOT, gonna PAY to be tortured like this two more times, and at $27 plus shipping and tax, each, no less.

I'll keep taking an occasional puff or two a few times a day, and if it gets better by the end of the pack, I'll consider buying another, because i really want it to work, so I'll have an option for times and places where even the e-cig isn't allowed. But that's it. If this burning doesn't stop, Aeros is out.
You made me LMAO....:lol:
I bought these before I ordered an E-Cig....nastiest thing I ever tasted.
I think I've use 2 out of a pack I bought.....waste of money if you ask me.
:nah:Aeros:nah:

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
Yeah, I never made it through the pack. :lol:

Thanks for the reminder though. That was a long time ago. ;)
Leaford....How are ya??....No worries...if you need a little something extra besides the vaping,there is plenty od snuff/snus talk happening right here in this sub-forum! Nice to see you once more!!

:)The Wiz!

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Leaford....How are ya??....No worries...if you need a little something extra besides the vaping,there is plenty od snuff/snus talk happening right here in this sub-forum! Nice to see you once more!!

:)The Wiz!

Hmm? No, Sexy Latina just dredged up an old review from waaaay back when I first started vaping. A Blast from the past, except the Aeros most definitely were not a blast. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread