ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2011
MS

Kanza

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2011
Wilmette, IL
Yep, take the high ground...for the good of the cause :) I'll send e-mails, too :) We're all in the same boat and, hopefully, rowing in the same direction...no matter where we buy our supplies :) But, in a similar vein...I read where a certain political party wants to do away with state income taxes, all well and good and probably TOO lofty an ambition, but where do they look to make up for their shortfall in the budget? That's right...tobacco and tobacco-like products (read us and our PVs) <sigh> I think one state mentioned in this article was Oklahoma but other states have also suggested higher cigarette taxes and from that, vaping products can't be too terribly far behind <double sigh> So, yea, I'll send emails to ANY state that things a tobacco-less product should be taxed like a pack of cigarettes :)

Kanza

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2011
Wilmette, IL
I'm sure the motto is: Leave no tobacco product untaxed :) I understood when taxes were first raised because of the drain on the medical system...hey, we admit we weren't healthy :) But, we heard you, we quit and we're healthy...so NOW what's the deal?? We don't use tobacco! See, our labels clearly say, "NOBACCO" :lol:

It's really a case of saying to the general population, "we're going to cut YOUR taxes...but watch out everyone else!" :)

Kanza

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2011
Wilmette, IL
Oh, don't people love to forget that...nicotine is natural and edible :) Should we tax potatoes, hmmm? :lol:

Education is key...educate ourselves and others :) And keep an eye on our ranks ;) By that I mean we employ good business practices among our dealers and promote courtesy among our users :) Get people on OUR side by explaining what we're doing and why we are doing it :)

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Not for nothing but the people of Hawaii should really investigate the political person behind wanting this absurd high Tax, and I mean really look into this person, they are on the take from either Big Tobacco/Big Pharma/ or someone pretty high up the corporate ladder somewhere. The vapors there should really speak up and stand up and totally revolt against this disgusting thought of such a high tax and call out this political idiot that's on the take, and make him stand out for even thinking of such a thought, whomever it is, is definitely on the take and getting kickbacks in other places if this is what this persons idea is then they should be kicked out of office and hung by there shoe strings for even stating such a ridiculous far fetched Tax, enough said for now.

waylonjessi4ever

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2011
Northern California
not really .ALL the states are suffering revenue loss in all forms because so many people are out of work ( less income taxes collected ) and they are thinking of anything and everything to generate revenue .This is an excise tax if you read it ,and even tho it will no doubt be passed onto the consumer ,there is really no fighting them on this ,especially if you are not a resident ,and even if you were .I am a native californian and you cant fight the ca BOE ( statre board of equalization ) which is who will levy the tax on the business' themselves .It will be like a "sin tax " levied on booze in places like Tenn .Not much you can do and yes they will catch on and tax it one way or another in state after state .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread