Health Care Reform Bill VOTE NO!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridewithme38

Moved On
Jun 22, 2009
and i said there are plenty of other places you can go to if you do not have insurances i know of plenty of free clinics in NYC that will treat all illnesses, you might not have the best of care but at least you have care

I know of very few Free Clinics in My area....and outside of Major Metropolitan Area's like NYC i'm sure they are less and less available...there should be NO gaps in care...there is no reason at all beyond the love of money over people...that any one person should get any lower quality care then any other person

denec

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2009
NYC
I know of very few Free Clinics in My area....and outside of Major Metropolitan Area's like NYC i'm sure they are less and less available...there should be NO gaps in care...there is no reason at all beyond the love of money over people...that any one person should get any lower quality care then any other person

never said life is fair..but i should not have to pay for it and you should not have to depend upon the government for it

Casey C

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2009
Fort Wayne, IN
evolvers.net
Neither is digital copyright. Do you advocate pirating music and movies too? There's nothing in the constitution that protects them, so if you intend to be consistent you should support piracy of digital media.

I do.

that is your problem not mine...10 miles is nothing

and all hospitals are required to treat someone in an emergency..I use to work and be part of the NYC EMS system trust me I know..and the system gets abused..mostly from low lives and drug users all the time

you seem awful angry at us drug users, may I remind you nicotine is a drug?

Surf Monkey

Cartel Boss
ECF Veteran
May 28, 2009
Sesame Street
never said life is fair..but i should not have to pay for it and you should not have to depend upon the government for it

I don't have children, but I pay property taxes that pay for schools for other people's children. I don't ride the bus, but I pay taxes that fund the public transport system. I've never had my house catch on fire, but I pay taxes to fund the fire department.

Every other industrialized nation views health care as a basic part of what the government should be managing for its citizens, just like police, fire, highways, schools and etc.. The only reason America hasn't followed suit yet is that the insurance companies and big pharmas don't want their profits cut into.

vapordad

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Oak Park, IL -- USA
Denec,

You miss two huge points. One. YOU ARE PAYING FOR IT! The gov't is letting you know that the current system is broken and spiraling and we (taxpayers) cannot afford the current system (PERIOD).

2. It must be nice to sit in your ivory tower. I take it by your posts that you have never had to watch a close one die with a terminal disease because he/she couldn't afford to fly to mayo or get a second opinion, or buy that chemo....enjoy your life, hope its nice inside your glass house. Post back when you meet your fellow man, cause they might not stop to help you up when you fall.

What comes around goes around, brother!

Duckies

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2009
Philly
Interesting. This group has put together a database on the CURRENT proposals in Congress (noting that we have no idea what will come out of committee).

You can select the plans on the table (noting that only 3 in the House and 2 in the Senate will be up for a floor vote) as well as your topic(s) and it will generate a chart to compare proposals:

Side-by-Side Comparison of Major Health Care Reform Proposals - Kaiser Family Foundation

denec

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2009
NYC
Denec,

You miss two huge points. One. YOU ARE PAYING FOR IT! The gov't is letting you know that the current system is broken and spiraling and we (taxpayers) cannot afford the current system (PERIOD).

2. It must be nice to sit in your ivory tower. I take it by your posts that you have never had to watch a close one die with a terminal disease because he/she couldn't afford to fly to mayo or get a second opinion, or buy that chemo....enjoy your life, hope its nice inside your glass house. Post back when you meet your fellow man, cause they might not stop to help you up when you fall.

What comes around goes around, brother!

I have had a lot of bad things happen to my family but i never once looked for welfare from the government to helped out

Surf Monkey

Cartel Boss
ECF Veteran
May 28, 2009
Sesame Street
I have had a lot of bad things happen to my family but i never once looked for welfare from the government to helped out

Nice deflection. A straw man no less. Health care reform (including a public option) is "welfare?" Do you consider the fire department "welfare?" What about the police department? Or the interstate highway system? Are these "welfare" too?

Duckies

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2009
Philly
LOL!

Hey Joe Clueless -- Right now, the US taxpayer is paying 2x the rest of the world per capita (per person) for healthcare. What does that mean to you? It means that we are paying ER rates for simple things like heartburn. Status Quo is not maintainable.

vapordad

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Oak Park, IL -- USA
LOL!

Hey Joe Clueless -- Right now, the US taxpayer is paying 2x the rest of the world per capita (per person) for healthcare. What does that mean to you? It means that we are paying ER rates for simple things like heartburn. Status Quo is not maintainable.

point one. thanks, Duckies

Point 2 answered by surf.

Our school system, Medicare, Social Security, all welfare programs, too.

If it weren't broke, we wouldn't need to fix it.

denec

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2009
NYC
i think people see this page

Please take a few minutes to become informed with the Health Care issues. This is too important to not be informed. The government can't be trusted with our health care. They can't manage Medicare or Social Security. Will you trust them with your health? The drive-by media is pushing a ruse to make us think it is dead. Don't be fooled it will be passed when we least expect it. This National Health Care Nonsense must be stopped.

Clunker Care Main Page

and this is even more scary

Health care reform means more power for the IRS

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/p...rm-means-more-power-for-the-IRS-56781377.html

IRS should be abolished not given more power

Last edited:

smc

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2009
California
i think people see this page

and this is even more scary
Health care reform means more power for the IRS
Health care reform means more power for the IRS | Washington Examiner

IRS should be abolished not given more power

I did not find that scary at all. I really don't care which gov agency has access to my tax records. The complexity is whats concerning to me. Having the IRS be the policing agency is questionable. Forcing people to have health insurance is also questionable. However, I would rather pay for public heath care and get a tax credit then not have health care at all.

Abolish the IRS. Ya nice. If you don't like the IRS then don't pay your taxes.

denec

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2009
NYC

Surf Monkey

Cartel Boss
ECF Veteran
May 28, 2009
Sesame Street
so out of 6,000 people who were polled (that is right just 6,000 out of the entire nation, only 4,200 believe there should be one

yeah that is a fair representation

do you know how many doctors there are in NY alone?

i love how people use polls to put the decks in their favor

I guess you have no idea how polling and statistical analysis work? Because if you did, you wouldn't make a statement like that.

But I'm not surprised that you've latched onto sample size as your objection, because you clearly have no other leg to stand on here. You don't want doctors to agree with the public option, so you refuse to believe evidence that shows they do. No surprise at all.

denec

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2009
NYC
I guess you have no idea how polling and statistical analysis work? Because if you did, you wouldn't make a statement like that.

But I'm not surprised that you've latched onto sample size as your objection, because you clearly have no other leg to stand on here. You don't want doctors to agree with the public option, so you refuse to believe evidence that shows they do. No surprise at all.

because i am curious how many doctors you know personally?

how many doctors are in your family?

I bet none...all the doctors i know personally are overworked to death and are too thin to take on anymore patients. I hardly see my family now as it is because they are constantly working and on call.

I do most will not join in the system if this goes through and will go cash only, just so they will be overburdened any more and they can make a decent salary and finally pay off their loans

So the real people who will get penalized are people like you

Good luck trying to find a doctor, you will have a like a 4-6 month wait

Last edited:

Pav

ECF Veteran
Aug 26, 2009
Detroit Rock City
Good luck trying to find a doctor, you will have a like a 4-6 month wait

Unlike in Canada where you see your doctor very quickly. Not to mention Canadian infant mortality rates are lower and life expetancy is higher than in the US. Until we get a system like the Canadian model, health care in America will suffer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread