Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Oh forgot to update everyone. Have lost 10 lbs this month, probably mostly water weight (way more to go, but its a start.) The first few days of the med I was really energetic again and loved it. Now I've pretty much crashed, the usual exhaustion is back. It's still helping the appetite some, but certainly not a miracle drug (like anything ever is). So I guess it's going OK, but I don't think it's really what I needed. It might have jump started the metabolism, but appetite was never really my problem (which doctors never believe, if you're overweight you must be living on cheeseburgers and Cheetos right?) Sigh.....
Hang in there Always. Trial and error, trial and error. The 10 pounds is certainly excellent news though.

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
Thanks Bronze. I am so very proud of my son. But it hurts to be away from him for so long. I'm the one who taught him how to fish, and camp. He got his love of both, from me. We have a lot of good memories. My daughter is taking vacation time to see her brother. I thought that was very sweet. She misses her baby brother too. :)

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
Oh forgot to update everyone. Have lost 10 lbs this month, probably mostly water weight (way more to go, but its a start.) The first few days of the med I was really energetic again and loved it. Now I've pretty much crashed, the usual exhaustion is back. It's still helping the appetite some, but certainly not a miracle drug (like anything ever is). So I guess it's going OK, but I don't think it's really what I needed. It might have jump started the metabolism, but appetite was never really my problem (which doctors never believe, if you're overweight you must be living on cheeseburgers and Cheetos right?) Sigh.....
This probably doesn't mean too much, but you and I have been having similar problems. I stopped the thyroid med because it was just making me hyper, but wasn't stopping the exhaustion if that makes any sense. So I started taking a good multivitamin/multi mineral. (Centrum). You may already be on such a supplement, but it you're not, it's worth a try. Hang in there my girl!

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Morning everyone. Sounds like the hot humid part of the year is upon us. Had a horrible sinus headache all day yesterday. Hope your week starts off and stays well!
It's always hot and humid here... :)
This week starting off with a couple loaves of walnut raisin bread... Smells delish and I just stuck it in the oven 2 min ago!

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Well, the walnut raisin bread didn't turn out quite as I expected. The crust got golden brown while the inside was still doughy. Maybe the oven was set too high for this type of loaf, 375˚ F. I bake most breads at that temp without problems. This dough was a little bit wetter than most my normal doughs. Note to self: next time drop temp to 325˚ - 350˚F and/or use less water for walnut raisin bread...

EDIT: Forgot to mention - it tastes great, just a bit doughy inside.

Last edited:

always9988

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
Hicktown, OH
This probably doesn't mean too much, but you and I have been having similar problems. I stopped the thyroid med because it was just making me hyper, but wasn't stopping the exhaustion if that makes any sense. So I started taking a good multivitamin/multi mineral. (Centrum). You may already be on such a supplement, but it you're not, it's worth a try. Hang in there my girl!

Yeah that's pretty much it. I'm mentally jittery, but can't explain the exhaustion. It's not a usual tired feeling, I could only describe it to the doctor as the way you feel the day before a flu, achy and run down. But try to sleep and my mind goes haywire. And of course it means quite a bit (((hula)))

I do take a prenatal vitamin as my hair has started shedding a lot :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread