Status
Not open for further replies.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
For some reason in more recent time most of the tobacco juices all started having a very perfumey aroma or taste to me, and that's something I am really sensitive to.

That was my experience. Then, traded with somebody and they said it tore up their throat, so it wasn't just me.

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Central Illinois
From someone whos picky I liked Gandalf. Too much cigar for my all day vape but it's worth trying along with all the others. I do have some samples left in my sale in classified section. I would like to mention Georgia Peach also. Not in HHV purity line but very tasty. Open the bottle...close your eyes and smell fresh peaches...Yum!

Was this the Georgia peach tobacco? I just got mine last week and you're right. This stuff is good. Gonna try their just peachy because I liked their peach flavor so much.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Just read the disappointment in another thread over the MOV tobacco line. I just placed an order for a sampler from Heather's Heavenly Vapes last night (all tobacco flavors). Is anybody familiar with HHV's tobacco flavors?

What I can tell you for sure is this: While you may or may not love HHV's Tobacco Purity Line, I don't think you will find any other juices that are remotely close in flavor profile. The originality of those juices alone is enough to take them for a test-run. :2c:

Varrius

ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2012
Houston, TX
I'll chime in with my thoughts on HHV. I ordered several sample size bottles from them. 5 were tobacco flavors (gandalf, hunstman, dragon, dark horse and pirates) and 2 coffee flavors (mocha java and java). When I first opened my package I got big wiff of.. chocolate. I thought to myself, wow that mocha in the mocha java sure is strong.

So I began to shake and smell each bottle.. chocolate, chocolate, chocolate.. in each one, even the tobacco flavored. With my only previous juice experience having been JC, I thought something was wrong (no chocolate in JC tobacco's that I can tell). I actually emailed them asking if something got contaminated, I was assured it did not.

So I began to sample them, and mostly tasted.. chocolate. I shook my head, set them aside and moved on. It's now been a couple of weeks, and I have Huntsman in my vivi tank and let me just say, it is awesome. I am getting no chocolate whatsoever, and some very nice tobacco notes. They all have a bit of cinnamon spice to them (think red hots) as well, but it is barely noticeable and I think adds a nice TH.

So long story summed up.. while I was skeptical about the whole "steeping" thing, it seems to have really worked for HHV's liquids. They definately have a chocolate base thing going on in their tobacco flavors, but given time the chocolate seems to subside and the tobacco comes forth. I will definately be re-ordering some of these.

Oh and as a side note, I don't know if it is the NET's or not (didn't even know they used this when I came to this conclusion), but when I vape HHV it seems to calm and relax me much more than other vendors I've tried. I'm still testing and tasting many vendors, as I'm new to vaping, but so far when I look at my counter and try to decide what to vape, I keep finding myself wanting to reach for the HHV. The only reason the bottles aren't all completely empty is because I'm trying to give them enough time to steep so I can really decide which ones I want to re-order. Also, no perfumey smell in HHV whatsoever.. which is a big plus for me. I've received some other well regarded tobacco flavors and I get a really nasty perfume smell. Going to have to let those steep for quite a while and see what happens.

Last edited:

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Central Illinois
I'll chime in with my thoughts on HHV. I ordered several sample size bottles from them. 5 were tobacco flavors (gandalf, hunstman, dragon, dark horse and pirates) and 2 coffee flavors (mocha java and java). When I first opened my package I got big wiff of.. chocolate. I thought to myself, wow that mocha in the mocha java sure is strong.

So I began to shake and smell each bottle.. chocolate, chocolate, chocolate.. in each one, even the tobacco flavored. With my only previous juice experience having been JC, I thought something was wrong (no chocolate in JC tobacco's that I can tell). I actually emailed them asking if something got contaminated, I was assured it did not.

So I began to sample them, and mostly tasted.. chocolate. I shook my head, set them aside and moved on. It's now been a couple of weeks, and I have Huntsman in my vivi tank and let me just say, it is awesome. I am getting no chocolate whatsoever, and some very nice tobacco notes. They all have a bit of cinnamin spice to them (think red hots) as well, but it is barely noticeable and I think adds a nice TH.

So long story summed up.. while I was skeptical about the whole "steeping" thing, it seems to have really worked for HHV's liquids. They definately have a chocolate base thing going on in their tobacco flavors, but given time the chocolate seems to subside and the tobacco comes forth. I will definately be re-ordered some of these.

Oh and as a side note, I don't know if it is the NET's or not (didn't even know they used this when I came to this conclusion), but when I vape HHV it seems to calm and relax me much more than other vendors I've tried. I'm still testing and tasting many vendors, as I'm new to vaping, but so far when I look at my counter and try to decide what to vape, I keep finding myself wanting to reach for the HHV. The only reason the bottles aren't all completely empty is because I'm trying to give them enough time to steep so I can really decide which ones I want to re-order. Also, no perfumey smell in HHV whatsoever.. which is a big plus for me. I've received some other well regarded tobacco flavors and I get a really nasty perfume smell. Going to have to let those steep for quite a while and see what happens.

I just today resampled a few of these after they've sat for over a week. Initially they were ok but i put them in the cabinet because I didn't taste anything too terribly exciting.
Oompa...probably changed the most. It's now a very pleasant mild milk chocolate taste. Very well may go ahead and reorder this one
Huntsman...another that changed dramatically. I get a sweet, maybe green grassy, cinnamon kind of flavor. Possibly the strongest flavor of all of them I tried.
Dragons fire...to me this one tastes now like a toned down huntsman. I get the same spice notes but not as sweet and maybe a tad more tobacco tone.
Gandalf is still at the top of my list but I totally agree. These do change flavors after steeping. In a good way.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012

So I began to sample them, and mostly tasted.. chocolate. I shook my head, set them aside and moved on. It's now been a couple of weeks, and I have Huntsman in my vivi tank and let me just say, it is awesome. I am getting no chocolate whatsoever, and some very nice tobacco notes. They all have a bit of cinnamon spice to them (think red hots) as well, but it is barely noticeable and I think adds a nice TH.

So long story summed up.. while I was skeptical about the whole "steeping" thing, it seems to have really worked for HHV's liquids. They definately have a chocolate base thing going on in their tobacco flavors, but given time the chocolate seems to subside and the tobacco comes forth. I will definately be re-ordering some of these.

Interesting Varrius. I'm just wondering how much steeping is necessary. You put them aside for a couple weeks but perhaps only a couple/few days were needed. At any rate, I appreciate the heads up. Perhaps I'll whiff it before usuing it to be sure that choco aroma is gone first. BTW, I vape a lot of JC's too. Good stuff but not the best burning juice. Thanks

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
I just today resampled a few of these after they've sat for over a week. Initially they were ok but i put them in the cabinet because I didn't taste anything too terribly exciting.
Oompa...probably changed the most. It's now a very pleasant mild milk chocolate taste. Very well may go ahead and reorder this one
Huntsman...another that changed dramatically. I get a sweet, maybe green grassy, cinnamon kind of flavor. Possibly the strongest flavor of all of them I tried.
Dragons fire...to me this one tastes now like a toned down huntsman. I get the same spice notes but not as sweet and maybe a tad more tobacco tone.
Gandalf is still at the top of my list but I totally agree. These do change flavors after steeping. In a good way.

Dante...do you do anything special for steeping? Or do you just cap it and stick it somewhere?

gthompson

Free at last
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2011
Tennessee, USA
I think it depends on the complexity of the juice, lots of flavors needs more "melding" time. Some are fine out of the box, some just need a few days, some need a week or two. I've not personally seen any that changed significantly after steeping longer than a week or two. A famous example is Boba's. It's really kind of meh to me out of the box, but give it a week to 10 days and it really blossoms. ymmv

gthompson

Free at last
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2011
Tennessee, USA
Dante...do you do anything special for steeping? Or do you just cap it and stick it somewhere?

You'll get lots of opinions on this. Just leaving the caps on and putting them up is one popular way. Some leave the caps off the whole time. Some leave the caps off for a day or two or three then put them back on. Some even take the caps off, put the bottle in hot water for 15 minutes, then put the caps back on before putting them up. Which one is best? That depends on who you're asking I guess.

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Central Illinois

Yup I cap it and stick in in the cabinet. The gandalf comes almost a straw yellow kind of color. After about 4 or 5 days it gets more tannish. Then I know it's pretty well ready. I didn't notice quite the color change with the others though.

Richie G

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2009
Lawn Guyland, NY
Lol. Ya that was my MOV bombshell. No worries at HHV. I've had gandalf, oompa, huntsman, georgia peach tobacco and dragons fire. Gandalf is my #1 favorite. The others are good too. I could vape any of them. Gandalf is just frickin awesome though.

I bought the tobacco sampler pack from MOV based on some hype Ive read here. I'll just say this about it... I'm glad it was just a sampler pack. And this... I couldn't wash the flavor out of the atty no matter what I did. 'Nuff 'bout that.

I received two sampler packs from HHV. I was hesitant to order because of the 12mg limit as I usually vape at 18mg. A vape is useless to me if I dont have TH... reminds me of an analog that went out -- annoying.

I have only tried two of HHV's so far. Heavenly tobacco and Oompa. This is already the best $20-ish bucks I've spent in a long time. I'm stunned at the TH on both of these liquids. "Heavenly tobacco", nee "RY-4" could easily change names again to "Hazelnut tobacco". The caramel and vanilla that are included in the description are both mild and not disruptive to the main characters in the blend. A very nice vape and a definite re-buy for me. Ooompa hasn't bowled me over but it's definitely vape-able.

TH-wise, apparently, 12mg at HHV is 18mg elsewhere. Colour me surprised. =)

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Central Illinois
I bought the tobacco sampler pack from MOV based on some hype Ive read here. I'll just say this about it... I'm glad it was just a sampler pack. And this... I couldn't wash the flavor out of the atty no matter what I did. 'Nuff 'bout that.

Lmao. No kidding. I had to rebuild my Phoenix to get rid of that taste.

Richie G

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2009
Lawn Guyland, NY
Lmao. No kidding. I had to rebuild my Phoenix to get rid of that taste.

Like medicine, right? =)

Glad you were able to get the flavor out of the Phoenix. I had no such luck with my atty. This was a de-wicked atty too, so where that flavor was sticking is beyond me. I soaked it in alcohol and dry burned it -- no dice. I steamed it over a tea kettle -- no dice. I soaked it in white vinegar -- no dice. Want-2-Vape's "atty refresh" had no effect on it either. Singularly, these methods have always worked for me in the past but in this case... all of them failed. So, even though it measured at 2.2 ohms, exactly where a Joye atty should be, I tossed it. They come in a really nice tin box, tho.
  • :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread