Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Varrius

ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2012
Houston, TX
For what it's worth Johny, I tested out my bottle of Swagger straight out of the mail and it almost made me hurl. It had some sort of perfumy smell to it that I just couldn't get past. The good news for me is that after a few days it already seems to be dying down. I'm hoping it goes away comepletely because it's a real turn off for me.

HHV on the other hand I have never found "nasty", not even out of the mail. They have improved a lot though since then, and after about 2 weeks I'm liking them all. Perhaps we just have equal but opposite taste buds.

IxJxOxHxNx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2012
Levittown, PA
I just got done getting through the 5 bottles i had. The clear winner is Gandalf followed by Huntsman. Gandalf made it into my smok Rebuildable tank. The Georgia Peach tobacco was ok, just ok and the Dragons Fire is good also but i suspect that one needs to sit in a cool dark place for a week or 2. Blueberry Muffin was pretty good (i know not a tobacco) but it deserved a shout out. It tastes like it should be , very good baked Blueberry muffin with maybe a hint of cinnamon on it.

All in all i think i found my go to vendor. Will definately be getting more Gandalf and Huntsman. Still have to try Dark Horse and im sure a few others as well.

jonnypanic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 24, 2012
Arlington, VA
Finishing up the last of my HHV now. Final thoughts on my first order:

1.) Dragon's Fire - One of my favorite juices, the unique, pipey, HHV base with a little sweetness and a hint of spiciness. :thumbs:
2.) Heavenly Tobacco - Kind of an RY4, the longer I had it, the more maple I tasted, but not too much. Definitely the sweetest.
3.) Huntsman - Earthier, with a little sweetness.
4.) Gandalf - Really liked it, but was my least favorite. I know a lot of people love this one, and I like it a lot, but I probably would not re-order. Less-sweet pipe tobacco.

I know it has been mentioned already, but I had to steep these juices, I didn't care for them at all until about 10 days after I got them, then they became awesome.

Johny Ringo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2012
Las Vegas
For what it's worth Johny, I tested out my bottle of Swagger straight out of the mail and it almost made me hurl. It had some sort of perfumy smell to it that I just couldn't get past. The good news for me is that after a few days it already seems to be dying down. I'm hoping it goes away comepletely because it's a real turn off for me.

HHV on the other hand I have never found "nasty", not even out of the mail. They have improved a lot though since then, and after about 2 weeks I'm liking them all. Perhaps we just have equal but opposite taste buds.

Funny you should say that I was just noticing the swagger doesnt have the pop it used to. Still love it !

The Gandalf has a dominant flavor that is just not doing it for me, it is not as nasty as it was a few days ago, and if that flavor continues to diminish it may turn out to be decent.

There is definitely something going on with these juices they are certainly morphing.

I wont give up on them yet.

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Central Illinois
I used to roll my own cigs, after the price of real cigs went up to 5-6 bucks a pack. I kept the filter tubes and tobacco for a couple months, then gave em to my wife to give to her mom because she started rolling her own and it was just collecting dust. Tried to convert her to vaping but she doesnt really get it. Her husband on the other hand was begging me for my backup Ego batteries when i let him try a Tuscan Cigar flavor i got from a local shop around here. In his defense its a wonderful juice lol.

Yup I was rolling my own too. Still had 4 pounds of tobacco left when I decided I liked vaping better.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Finishing up the last of my HHV now. Final thoughts on my first order:

1.) Dragon's Fire - One of my favorite juices, the unique, pipey, HHV base with a little sweetness and a hint of spiciness. :thumbs:
2.) Heavenly Tobacco - Kind of an RY4, the longer I had it, the more maple I tasted, but not too much. Definitely the sweetest.
3.) Huntsman - Earthier, with a little sweetness.
4.) Gandalf - Really liked it, but was my least favorite. I know a lot of people love this one, and I like it a lot, but I probably would not re-order. Less-sweet pipe tobacco.

I know it has been mentioned already, but I had to steep these juices, I didn't care for them at all until about 10 days after I got them, then they became awesome.

Good review. Do you agree IxJx?

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Central Illinois
I know alot of people have compared Gandalf and Huntsman to taste almost the same, but i think there is a very distinct difference in the two. Huntsman is pretty good also. Just got done dripping that one. Dragons Fire is next once i clean out the good ol atty.

Ya I have both of these but they're not even close. Huntsman had quite a strong sweet flavor to me. Actually tasted like a strong dragons fire.

Levitas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Saint Louis
And another thing I've noticed is gandalf is great in a tank. There's something about the carto that seems to hold onto the flavor a bit. I'm usually a dripper but I have 2 tanks with gandalf in them right now.

I generally like to sample juices via cartomizer (in case the taste is so strong that I won't be able to effectively clean the atty of the taste). I bought a pack of cartos with my juice order.

I only bought two 5ml bottles, one Gandalf (apparently a MUST try, lol), and Oopma (because it just sounded interesting to me). I probably ripped myself off by doing so. $5 for 6ml where as another $3 lands you 15ml. I guess I am cautious, but knowing my luck, I'll be regretting the smaller bottles. Well, that's my hope at least :D

nkr501

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2011
New Jersey, USA
I ordered Gandalf, Dragon's Fire, and Blade Runner the other day.
They just shipped, so I will be able to try them out sometime mid next week. I really need to expand my horizons with vendors and flavors...sorry Halo. Its not you, its me :/

I guess my next order from HHV will be Huntsman. I think I am looking forward to Dragon's Fire the most though. It has the word "sophisticated" in the description. Can't go wrong with that.

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Central Illinois
I generally like to sample juices via cartomizer (in case the taste is so strong that I won't be able to effectively clean the atty of the taste). I bought a pack of cartos with my juice order.

I only bought two 5ml bottles, one Gandalf (apparently a MUST try, lol), and Oopma (because it just sounded interesting to me). I probably ripped myself off by doing so. $5 for 6ml where as another $3 lands you 15ml. I guess I am cautious, but knowing my luck, I'll be regretting the smaller bottles. Well, that's my hope at least :D

I love gandalf. But oompa was good. I think it changed the most over 10 days or so. Initially is was just kind of a blah chocolatey undertone. Now it's much more chocolatey. Even considered reordering this one. A lot of ppl like dragons fire. I like it but it's just not one I'd vape all the time. It has a spice undertone that's good but I wouldn't want it all the time. The huntsman just tasted like a strong dragons fire. A lot sweeter. They're all pretty good though. I just have my favorites. I'm trying heavenly tobacco and Tuscan cocoa this time around.

Levitas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Saint Louis
I'm trying heavenly tobacco and Tuscan cocoa this time around.

I was torn on which to try between the Oompa and the Tuscan. I really wanted a good chocolate vape, but, I love the way some tobacco flavors feel and taste on the palate. It just seemed more logical to go with the choco-bacco.

Do let me know what you think of Tuscan cocoa when you get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread