Status
Not open for further replies.

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Central Illinois
Ok, you folks just talked me into purchasing Gandalf and trying Pirate's Booty, any final thoughts for me before I go through the shopping cart process....

Mocha java if u like coffee vapes. Dragons fire gets a lot of love. Seriously everything there is good.

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
That was actually one of my suggestions for vendors over in that thread. Having pre steeped ready to vape liquids. Looks like vaporrite was already on it. Makes sense to me. No one wants to get their juice only to let it sit for a week. I went to getting extra gandalf so now I'll always have one ready to vape. Some flavors are strong though. Like I had said mocha java is plenty potent right out of the gate. So was blade runner.

Yeah, I guess if I know it needs steeping I don't mind so much. I can always add a week or two to the lead time. But I wouldn't think a vendor would want to send a potential customer a batch that needs steeping. That isn't putting your best foot forward. All I know is there is more I don't know than I do know and as I get older this becomes abundantly clear. Nothing makes sense to me anymore.

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Central Illinois
Yeah, I guess if I know it needs steeping I don't mind so much. I can always add a week or two to the lead time. But I wouldn't think a vendor would want to send a potential customer a batch that needs steeping. That isn't putting your best foot forward. All I know is there is more I don't know than I do know and as I get older this becomes abundantly clear. Nothing makes sense to me anymore.

That was my point exactly. First impressions!! I had another guy keep at me about the gandalf. I was ready to give up on it. I would think they would want your best taste to be the first one, not after it's sat for a week.
But like you said. I know now so I just prepare better and have some already sitting.

Gloria

ECF Veteran
Dec 2, 2011
midwest
In my sampler I got Gandalf huntsman pirates booty dragons fire carmel cappuccino vanilla dream and monkey mango and they were all meh at best and downright nasty at worst.

You're not alone....I had the same sad experience Johny. I tried....Oompa, Tiramisu, Cinful Pear, Mocha Java Smooth and a sample of Gandalf.

The Pear and Java are at least vapable but not something I would enjoy. The other 3 are unvapable to me.

I didn't really expect to like the Oompa or Gandalf but I was really hopeful about the other 3 and I was extremely disappointed in them.

Ah well...as "they" say...taste is subjective. ;)

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Central Illinois
You're not alone....I had the same sad experience Johny. I tried....Oompa, Tiramisu, Cinful Pear, Mocha Java Smooth and a sample of Gandalf.

The Pear and Java are at least vapable but not something I would enjoy. The other 3 are unvapable to me.

I didn't really expect to like the Oompa or Gandalf but I was really hopeful about the other 3 and I was extremely disappointed in them.

Ah well...as "they" say...taste is subjective. ;)

oompa was one I didn't get much at first either. It sat in the cabinet and was one of the last that I retried. I now taste a nice mild milk chocolate. Not bad at all.

gthompson

Free at last
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2011
Tennessee, USA
So a lot of these suppliers are small mom and pop type businesses (like HHV), and a lot of therm hand mix your order fresh when you order it (like HHV). Would you prefer they premix hundreds of bottles, to sit on shelves for who knows how long, just so you don't have to steep them? I wouldn't.

I suppose they could steep them for you after you order them. Of course, if it took two weeks to get your order you'd start a thread on here complaining about how long it takes them to ship.

(disclaimer: all those "yous" above are collective yous, and not aimed at anyone in particular)

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Central Illinois
So a lot of these suppliers are small mom and pop type businesses (like HHV), and a lot of therm hand mix your order fresh when you order it (like HHV). Would you prefer they premix hundreds of bottles, to sit on shelves for who knows how long, just so you don't have to steep them? I wouldn't.

I suppose they could steep them for you after you order them. Of course, if it took two weeks to get your order you'd start a thread on here complaining about how long it takes them to ship.

(disclaimer: all those "yous" above are collective yous, and not aimed at anyone in particular)

I like the notion of mix to order as well as you do. But for something like my gandalf...yup I'd even pay more to have it pre steeped. Reading all of these ppl just trying HHV in particular it's kinda disappointing that the first impressions are that they are avg at best. I have liked everything I've got from them but I also am aware now that they take a bit of time to really get good. I'm just wondering how many ppl try them straight from the mailbox and never pick them up again. I'm about as impatient as they come so I totally get not wanting to buy a juice and then have to wait for it to age so I can truly appreciate it.

I must be weird, I'll vape the crap out of anything. And my tastes change with my mood. And what I'm drinking that evening. :toast: I'm dying to buy some of my beloved Wild Turkey and vape Highbrow's Exotic blend with it. I'm spending all my money on vaping right now though. And if they are just so-so I'll add any apple flavoring laying around and I can handle it. Desserts I can handle in small vapes...but too much and I feel like I ate them all and feel a little sick. But they will NOT be wasted at my house. :) I'm very excited to get my HHV's. I ordered Heavenly Tobacco, Gandalf, Dark Horse, Huntsman, Oompa, Pirates Booty, Dragons Fire, and Crackberry. And I'm not sure I could vape just ONE thing all day long...I need some variety to keep it interesting. Today marks three weeks of no smoking...and I can't imagine anything more horrid than cigarettes at this point.

Yeah, I'll vape anything.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I must be weird, I'll vape the crap out of anything. And my tastes change with my mood. And what I'm drinking that evening. :toast: I'm dying to buy some of my beloved Wild Turkey and vape Highbrow's Exotic blend with it. I'm spending all my money on vaping right now though. And if they are just so-so I'll add any apple flavoring laying around and I can handle it. Desserts I can handle in small vapes...but too much and I feel like I ate them all and feel a little sick. But they will NOT be wasted at my house. :) I'm very excited to get my HHV's. I ordered Heavenly Tobacco, Gandalf, Dark Horse, Huntsman, Oompa, Pirates Booty, Dragons Fire, and Crackberry. And I'm not sure I could vape just ONE thing all day long...I need some variety to keep it interesting. Today marks three weeks of no smoking...and I can't imagine anything more horrid than cigarettes at this point.

Yeah, I'll vape anything.

Wow, that is a refreshing post and it should serve as a reference point to those that forget the alternative. Congrats on your three weeks and your gift of an open mind.

MsMacgyver

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2011
Illinois
I wish I was weird...LOL...I have been at this for 3 years+ and still can't get off the analogs. I always envy those who can pick up an e-cig and never touch another analog. Not to worry though...persistence is the key to success...When I had to give up coffee I started mixing regular with decaf. It took me awhile but I got there and I will with the analogs.

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Central Illinois
I wish I was weird...LOL...I have been at this for 3 years+ and still can't get off the analogs. I always envy those who can pick up an e-cig and never touch another analog. Not to worry though...persistence is the key to success...When I had to give up coffee I started mixing regular with decaf. It took me awhile but I got there and I will with the analogs.

I went at this once a few years ago and just quit. Picked up my ego here and there to try stuff out but never really stuck. For some reason this time around though its just stuck. Maybe because I just invested more money into it this time. :/ someone else said this and it echos my feelings exactly...I don't feel that I quit smoking I just chose to vape instead.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
:/ someone else said this and it echos my feelings exactly...I don't feel that I quit smoking I just chose to vape instead.

Nice! It is why I still have a couple boxes of cigarettes (stale as hell) but they just sit there in a drawer like a raggedy pair of underwear that I haven't thrown away. Why do I keep those boxers? ;)

Bronze

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2012
Mmmmm i just got my HHV order in. Gandalf, Huntsman, Dragons Fire, Georgia Peach Tobacco and Blueberry Muffin. Will let yall know what i think after dripping for a while. But they smell REALLY GOOD!

Read Post #27 on page 3 and tell me if you experienced the same thing when you opened your HHV sampler pack. Thanks

MsMacgyver

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2011
Illinois
Nice! It is why I still have a couple boxes of cigarettes (stale as hell) but they just sit there in a drawer like a raggedy pair of underwear that I haven't thrown away. Why do I keep those boxers? ;)

Same reason I still keep a bag of Dunkin Donut coffee in the frig...As long as it's there I know I can have a cup of coffee anytime I want to. I will probably always have analogs around but when I get to where I'm going I'll choose not to use them.

MsMacgyver

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2011
Illinois
I went at this once a few years ago and just quit. Picked up my ego here and there to try stuff out but never really stuck. For some reason this time around though its just stuck. Maybe because I just invested more money into it this time. :/ someone else said this and it echos my feelings exactly...I don't feel that I quit smoking I just chose to vape instead.

The price hike sure helped me get started again. I'm still looking for that one juice that makes me forget analogs. Even now I really do prefer vaping. It tastes better, cheaper, I feel better. I just have to get to the same place you are and this time I'm going to do it.

IxJxOxHxNx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2012
Levittown, PA

I used to roll my own cigs, after the price of real cigs went up to 5-6 bucks a pack. I kept the filter tubes and tobacco for a couple months, then gave em to my wife to give to her mom because she started rolling her own and it was just collecting dust. Tried to convert her to vaping but she doesnt really get it. Her husband on the other hand was begging me for my backup Ego batteries when i let him try a Tuscan Cigar flavor i got from a local shop around here. In his defense its a wonderful juice lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread