HELP! 2 smokers, where to get stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BriJoJo

Feb 23, 2019
Hey all,

So I have been looking around here for a few hours, just enough time to get myself thoroughly confused and overwhelmed. Greattttttt

So here is what I am hoping someone can answer.

1. My husband has been a 45 year smoker, 2 packs a day of Camel 99s. We need something for him to start with to stop smoking. Something with good battery life, something you don't have to keep filling up every day. (We tried to stop with vaping a few years ago).
2. I need to quit smoking too. I go thru a pack every 2 days or so. I usually smoke Marlboro 100s.
3. I have read the reviews and everyone saying start semi-cheap until you find what works. But I really need something with good battery life, and that you don't have to keep filling up that little tank twice or so a day.

I know we need Mouth to lung as we are trying to replicate smoking to quit smoking...lol

Any suggestions please and where to buy them? We are out in the country, no local shops, so I have to order online, plus the shops (an hour away) charge $65 and over for everything we use to get.

I appreciate your time for answering something I am sure has been answered, I just can't find.

Bri

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
The juice tank, is a simpler user question...some have coils and wicks that you must make and some have store-bought coils that you just insert. You will probably be best off with the latter.

But, for the battery, 20 watts will be plenty. Don't get caught up in hobbyist items.

Pretty much every piece of equipment has its own sub-forum so people can chat or discuss it. Go there to see what is the suggested by others in this thread.

I am on a tablet, otherwise I would get more chatty.

Good luck.

Reactions: stols001

BriJoJo

Feb 23, 2019
The juice tank, is a simpler user question...some have coils and wicks that you must make and some have store-bought coils that you just insert. You will probably be best off with the latter.

But, for the battery, 20 watts will be plenty. Don't get caught up in hobbyist items.

Pretty much every piece of equipment has its own sub-forum so people can chat or discuss it. Go there to see what is the suggested by others in this thread.

I am on a tablet, otherwise I would get more chatty.

Good luck.

Juice tank? I will google that and check the forums you suggested. We had the store-bought coils before, probably is best as we need to make this as simple as possible as to not add to the frustration of quitting smoking. Thank you for the advice!

Reactions: stols001

BriJoJo

Feb 23, 2019
I'd like to suggest an easy way that worked for me. Get a Juul.
I smoked for 45+ years myself, I tried a ton of different vape products.
Juul worked for me, I haven't touched a cigarette since mid June and I don't even get tempted anymore.
Thank you, I will look at that. I may have seen a post you wrote because it said the same thing!

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
If I read you right - you want a straightforward easy to use tank with a draw that replicates that of a cigarette. You also want something that gives a good hit.

Firstly I have to say, nothing but nothing you vape is 100% going to taste or feel like smoking tobacco - but if you can get your head round that, you will be good to go.

As a long term heavy smoker, what worked for me was - a Nautilus Mini tank, fired by an iStick 30w set at 8 watts. loaded up with 18 strength juice ( any flavour you like or fancy - it's expensive but maybe try Space Jam Eclipse which is sorta like an exotic flavoured pipe tobacco - just be warned it will attract any insect within 25 kilometres if you ever go to Spain )

Not the most modern or fancy tecknolology ( sic) but it works and is easy to use.

Last edited:

BriJoJo

Feb 23, 2019
If I read you right - you want a straightforward easy to use tank with a draw that replicates that of a cigarette. You also want something that gives a good hit.

Firstly I have to say, nothing but nothing you wape is 100% going to taste or feel like smoking tobacco - but if you can get your head round that, you will be good to go.

As a long term heavy smoker, what worked for me was - a Nautilus Mini tank, fired by an iStick 30w set at 8 watts. loaded up with 18 strength juice ( any flavour you like or fancy - it's expensive but maybe try Space Jam Eclipse which is sorta like an exotic flavoured pipe tobacco - just be warned it will attract any insect within 25 kilometres if you ever go to Spain )

Not the most modern or fancy tecknolology ( sic) but it works and is easy to use.

Exactly what I wanted, thank you VERY much.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I agree with the comment above that you will not find an e-liquid that will taste like a cigarette. Nearly all e-liquid flavors are the result of using food flavoring concentrated extracts. What food can you name that tastes like burning, dried up crushed tobacco leaves and smoke?

Best to to find a candy, fruit, coffee, or desert flavor right from the start.

About the only battery device that will work for 2 - 3 days before needing a recharge would be the Innokin MVP.

aeb2c7e4dc4a7f4834ef64ed8eee4902.png

There are some 5 - 6 ml clearomizer tanks that may allow you to vape all day before needing a refill, but they are pretty large. Personally, I think it a bit easier to carry a bottle of e-liquid with you and fill the smaller tanks as you need to. I suggest the Innokin Zenith tank.

Original-Innokin-Zenith-MTL-Atomizer-2ml-4ml-Unique-Tank-with-0-8ohm-1-6ohm-Kal-Coil.jpg_640x640.jpg

This blog may be helpful for you. Good Starter Setups for a Beginner Vaper

Last edited:

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Innokin Kroma - Zenith kit with a couple packs of replacement heads.
Built in battery with 'fast' charge, fairly easy to use, reliable.
4ml capacity top fill tank adjustable airflow, great 'tank' for beginners to well seasoned vapers.

No matter what you chose the battery will need rechargeing and the 'tank' must be refilled or the pod replaced.

18 -24mg/ml nic for your husband.
8 - 12 mg/ml nic for you would be a good guess as a starting point.

The juul is a good suggestion too, usually avalible in gas station/convenience stores/ grocery stores/ some drug stores.
No harm in trying other than they end up being more expensive in the long run compared to something like the above suggestion.

BriJoJo

Feb 23, 2019
I agree with the comment above that you will not find an e-liquid that will taste like a cigarette. Nearly all e-liquid flavors are the result of using food flavoring concentrated extracts. What food can you name that tastes like burning, dried up crushed tobacco leaves and smoke?

Best to to find a candy, fruit, coffee, or desert flavor right from the start.

About the only battery device that will work for 2 - 3 days before needing a recharge would be the Innokin MVP.

There are some 5 - 6 ml clearomizer tanks that may allow you to vape all day before needing a refill, but they are pretty large. Personally, I think it a bit easier to carry a bottle of e-liquid with you and fill the smaller tanks as you need to. I suggest the Innokin Zenith tank.

This blog may be helpful for you. Good Starter Setups for a Beginner Vaper

Thank you! I was just looking up your posts' and information for what you would recommend. Then I was googling who to buy from, as we are in CA. If you have any suggestions on a retailer, can you please message me? Thank you for your time. EDIT. Nevermind! Clicked on the links :)

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Thank you! I was just looking up your posts' and information for what you would recommend. Then I was googling who to buy from, as we are in CA. If you have any suggestions on a retailer, can you please message me? Thank you for your time.
I always buy my gear online from My Vapor Store. They sell a wide variety of e-liquids, too. I like the Simply Fruit watermelon, apple, or pineapple. I haven't tried the strawberry.
myvaporstore | Online Vape shop - Vape Mods, Eliquid and Ecigs

And, I also :thumb: the Innokin Kroma - Zenith starter kit suggested above. It won't last as long per charge as the Innokin MVP battery, but it should last several hours per charge and only takes less than an hour to recharge if you're near a wall outlet. You could also buy the MVP and Zenith tank separately and use them together.

Innokin Kroma-A with Zenith Starter Kit
List Price: $49.99
star4.5.gif
(63)

Last edited:

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Just know the scion 'tank' is more of a wide open unrestricted inhale sub ohm delivery device, more designed for cloud blowing.
Trying to restrict the airflow enough to get a tight draw will result in a fairly hot vape and lots of bunt wicking material funky tastes.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Thank you! I was just looking up your posts' and information for what you would recommend. Then I was googling who to buy from, as we are in CA. If you have any suggestions on a retailer, can you please message me? Thank you for your time. EDIT. Nevermind! Clicked on the links :)
Hi and Welcome,
Just for clarity, are you in Canada or California?

Cheers
I

BriJoJo

Feb 23, 2019
Just know the scion 'tank' is more of a wide open unrestricted inhale sub ohm delivery device, more designed for cloud blowing.
Trying to restrict the airflow enough to get a tight draw will result in a fairly hot vape and lots of bunt wicking material funky tastes.
Well, hope it’s enjoyable still as they are on the way. I just ordered whatever came in the kit. I can always change tanks tho, correct?

greek mule

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2018
Athens,Greece
Thanks, I am going to order 2 of the Innokin MVP4 Scion Starter Kit and hope that's a good start. Will order some juice thru them too. Much appreciated to everyone who helped out!

@Baditude suggested to buy IPV alone not as a kit.And get separate a MTL tank -i.e. Zenith MTL tank and put it on top of IPV.
The Scion Subohm tank(kit with IPV) can not do MTL.
If it's not to late maybe you can change your order.

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
I know we need Mouth to lung as we are trying to replicate smoking to quit smoking...lol

Innokin Kroma - Zenith kit

Agree...most smokers use MTL...

For MTL...you'll never use more than the Kroma's 75Watts...(I MTL at 8W-10W)...and the Zenith's 1.6 ohm (and even 0.8 ohm) coils are "high resistance" coils which are GREAT for MTL...

I'd like to suggest an easy way that worked for me. Get a Juul.

A Juul-type device would be very handy when you don't want to lug your LARGE Mod/Tank to the grocery store with you...

But the Juul is rather expensive ($30+)...and when you finish vaping the 0.7ml in the Pod...you have to buy a new one...:shock:

The Justfog Minifit is also a Pod device...but it's $13-$15...and when you've finished vaping its 1.5ml Pod...you just find your ejuice bottle...and REFILL it...:thumbs:

Vapecrawler

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread