Status
Not open for further replies.

ithinkbutn2m

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2011
Illinois
How would juice get into the top cap?

I'm confused...I thought the top cap was sealed so no juice would end up on the inside electrical components? I would like to prevent this from happening to my BP in the future...I usually use a drip shield regardless of what I am using just in case but every once in a while I end up with juice in the connector from other attachments. I clean it out regularly.

How did the juice get from the connector on top into the top cap and wires if it is sealed up there?

BuzzKill

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Central Coast Ca.
www.notcigs.com
How would juice get into the top cap?

I'm confused...I thought the top cap was sealed so no juice would end up on the inside electrical components? I would like to prevent this from happening to my BP in the future...I usually use a drip shield regardless of what I am using just in case but every once in a while I end up with juice in the connector from other attachments. I clean it out regularly.

How did the juice get from the connector on top into the top cap and wires if it is sealed up there?

It usually happens when a tank explodes or comes apart !

mistinthewoods

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Brooklyn, MI
So the top cap is not sealed?

Yes. the connecter is sealed with an o-ring but if a mishap occurs with a tank or something there's the large slot where the wheel is for juice to get into. Personally I have never had a hint of juice inside either my original Buzz or my Buzz Pro.

BuzzKill

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Central Coast Ca.
www.notcigs.com
"My Precious" is through surgery. The red light is on and the blue light comes on when the button is pushed. However, the attys aren't firing? Any idea what's causing this?

Yes pull the center pin on the atty OUT a bit , this is common that they get too recessed , did you make sure the washer is under the screw head ????

ithinkbutn2m

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2011
Illinois
Yes. the connecter is sealed with an o-ring but if a mishap occurs with a tank or something there's the large slot where the wheel is for juice to get into. Personally I have never had a hint of juice inside either my original Buzz or my Buzz Pro.

Oh, okay. Thank you for informing me...I don't think this will be an issue for me...never really had leaking problems yet.

Rar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2011
Champlain Valley, NY
My Buzz is working again.
00020692.gif
Whew! That was a scary episode. Thank you all for your help.

Now...can't decide whether to wait for the new Buzz colors or order an Infinity. Hmmmm.....decisions, decisions.......

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Advantage BP -- same batteries (though TR001 charger can be used with both battery types). Advantage IP -- slimmer, more "refined" look; price (though a new IP with new IP batts will be about the same $ as a bare additional BP). Wash -- run time (Infinity batts are true 650 mAh, same as the Powerizer batts for BP), operating characteristics (same voltage range, current,...).

A tough decision :) I like both my original Infinity and the new BP a lot, don't use any other PVs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread