Help for a newbie Leo owner

Status
Not open for further replies.
This may seem like a no brainer....but forgive me I a newbie to vaping.

I love my Leo, but not having very good luck with my atomizers...I love my cartos :)

Question: Do you drip your juice directly into the atomizer or drip it in the cartridge filler???

I have been putting it in the cartridge filler and I'm thinking that is the wrong way and may also be why I keep getting the burnt taste when using the atomizer with the cartridge. :blink:

ThomasP

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2010
Western PA USA
Welcome to the Leo Zabeth.

All cartridges are troublesome, it is just the nature of cartos. You put the liquid into the filler until it won't absorb anymore liquid.

You can also "drip" with your atomizer and a drip tip.

You might also do a search for the blue foam mod for the cartridges. Some people have had good luck with that.

I recommend checking out the Leo cartomizers. You can't do better for vapor, flavor, and overall experience than that imho.

Congrats on 10 days without smoking btw. That is a huge challenge and I admire anyone that can do it. I am at the ten month mark myself.

evilfrog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
portland OR
IF you can find the liquid with the perfect viscosity and that is light in color it work work fine in the cartridge. I still use the cartridges a fair amount, but only with liquids I know will work. I prefer it to dripping, as I don't want to have to drip drops every twenty seconds (I tend to chain vape).
Blue foam works ok for a couple fills, but then you have to redo it. The Highping cart mod works ok too.... and the BFD mod.

The cartomizers are wonderful. :)

The Leo is what got me to stop smoking too. I still prefer it to all my other devices... especially for flavor.

Thank you both for responding. I do have 5 cartomizers, which I love. I'm wanting to try a lot of juices, which seems easier using the cartridges/atomizer. When I first got my leo I filled my only carto with a juice I could not stand :( At that time I didn't know how to clean them and I had to wait 3 days before my atomizer and cartridges came in the mail.

I now only fill my carto's with juice I like. Evilfrog...last night I was doing the same thing...dripping every min or so, not good.

ThomasP...Thanks for the congrats....I'm shocked how vaping so easily replaced analogs. For the first time I'm excited about seeing my pulmonlogist this month - he is the one that told me about e-cigs :vapor:

ThomasP

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2010
Western PA USA
Thank you both for responding. I do have 5 cartomizers, which I love. I'm wanting to try a lot of juices, which seems easier using the cartridges/atomizer. When I first got my leo I filled my only carto with a juice I could not stand :( At that time I didn't know how to clean them and I had to wait 3 days before my atomizer and cartridges came in the mail.

I now only fill my carto's with juice I like. Evilfrog...last night I was doing the same thing...dripping every min or so, not good.

ThomasP...Thanks for the congrats....I'm shocked how vaping so easily replaced analogs. For the first time I'm excited about seeing my pulmonlogist this month - he is the one that told me about e-cigs :vapor:

That's awesome. Quitting gave me a lot of confidence in other areas of my life as well. I always thought I would die with a cigarette in my hand. Nearly a year later I am still smoke free and 50 pounds lighter to boot.

One more thing on the cartos, I have found that clearer liquids perform best in them.

When talking to a vendor on the phone i am convinced he told me the best way to fill cartos. That being said be careful doing the following.

He uses a paperclip, i use a toothpick, but you get the idea. Stick the toothpick between the filler and the casing and gently pry the filler away from the casing. Then drip the liquid into the carto. It will go right to the bottom. I repeat the step 180 degrees from where i did the first step. I also wiggle the toothpick a little bit to kind of sponge up the liquid. Just be gentle. Works like a charm!

I guess i better add that i make sure the toothpick goes all the way down into the carto. And also when i refer to "casing" i mean the outside casing and not the material surrounding the element. I thought i better clarify. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread