Help For Newbies - Discussions from a closed thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

icangels

Jan 7, 2012
Diamondhead, MS
I the thing with the Volts are the cartomizers are different technology and people rave about them! Not to mention how we both agree we like the idea of our batteries all blingy and pretty too LOL. I have seen guys on utube review these volts and they admit they use mods but were still very pleasantly suprised of the perfomance of those little volts. So despite what people say size doesnt always matter. I see many say if it looks like a cig the performance will be crap. I dont get that .

I haven't purchased my colored Joye 510's yet. I'll take a look at your Volt before I take the plunge... Thanks!

^i^ L

MegaBee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2011
Queensland Australia
there is a very very long thread (these guys dont have their own forum space yet) where you can check out other peoples pretty set ups and also real all the great reviews of guys and girls who have been happy with theirs for a long time. I dont know how to link this thread Im so sorry. maybe search forums for smokelessimage and the thread might appear I think thats how I found it. the website is Smokeless Image | Only The Best Electronic Cigarette | Electronic Cigarettes | Wholesale Electronic Cigarettes | E-Cigarette | Best Electronic Cigarette | Electronic Cigarette

Charlz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2011
upstate NY
I have three large batteries and still use my kr808-d batteries quite often. Smokeless Image Volts are an 808 model and one of the best. More powerful than a similar slim 510 model. You can buy adapters too to adapt the 510 threaded riva to use 808 threaded cartomizers and vice versa.
Only thing to watch for is if the Riva came with low resistance atomizers, I'd stay away from using them on a slim e-cig.

As far as I'm concerned asking questions is doing research.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
I have this sneaky suspicion you might be like me and end up visiting smokeless image... I had the Ego both in 650mah and 1100 mah and yeah being pink still didnt make that massive tube seem girly to me LOL!!! the longer Volts do last 3 hours (220mah) the shorter ones I havent timed. The 510 mega batts I still use with a PCC and I get more than 3 hours out of them so I expect my volts to be the same if not better... the thing that was driving me nuts was the cartomizers for 510 I tried so many different types also with the EGO, I would get a good pack and think wow these are awesome, then end up with heaps that were no good, take ages to wick, just stop working, taste burn blah blah, the thing with the Volts are the cartomizers are different technology and people rave about them! Not to mention how we both agree we like the idea of our batteries all blingy and pretty too LOL. I have seen guys on utube review these volts and they admit they use mods but were still very pleasantly suprised of the perfomance of those little volts. So despite what people say size doesnt always matter. I see many say if it looks like a cig the performance will be crap. I dont get that .

Beyond the short battery life, the other problem with the mini battery models is you are limited what type of cartomizer you can use on them. You can't use dual coil or LR carto's on them. If those three limitations are not a problem for the user, then the Volt seems to be the best of the mini's.

VapingRulz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Florida
THANKS! It had charged for 4 hours when I read this. WOW... what impressive vapor this thing puts out.

Question, since your experienced with this model. I used flavored ejuice for my first use. The guy said to drop 3 or so drops directly on the automizer, which I did, and then filled the cartridge with more. But, I'm wondering how I'm going to get that flavor off of the automizer when I want to try another flavor?

You may be happier using cartomizers. They're far less hassle and they last a long time. I buy mine (2.0 ohms) in bulk from Crystal Clear Vaping.

stephpd

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2011
Delaware
THANKS! It had charged for 4 hours when I read this. WOW... what impressive vapor this thing puts out.

Question, since your experienced with this model. I used flavored ejuice for my first use. The guy said to drop 3 or so drops directly on the automizer, which I did, and then filled the cartridge with more. But, I'm wondering how I'm going to get that flavor off of the automizer when I want to try another flavor?

Thanks... L

Attys can be cleaned in hot water or vodka. Just blow them out to get most of the liquid off of them. Then just add the new flavor.

icangels

Jan 7, 2012
Diamondhead, MS
My RiVA came with 2 automizers. (A 510 and an LR-510). 510 works fine. I tried the LR-510 today and nothing... No vape. I switched it between the two batteries and nothing. I tried it with the drip tip AND tried with the filled cartridge... still nothing. I followed instructions. Is it safe to assume there's a problem with it? I wrote the guy who sold it to me. Waiting for a response.

**Also, The ejuice tastes different in my RiVa EGO than in my mall bought little guy. Anyone else notice a flavor difference in their e-cigs?

^i^ L

ps: I'm just full of questions today...

Last edited:

SirVette

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
Texas
My RiVA came with 2 automizers. (A 510 and an LR-510). 510 works fine. I tried the LR-510 today and nothing... No vape. I switched it between the two batteries and nothing. I tried it with the drip tip AND tried with the filled cartridge... still nothing. I followed instructions. Is it safe to assume there's a problem with it? I wrote the guy who sold it to me. Waiting for a response.

Sometimes the center connection post on the atty gets pushed too far in & will not make a connection. The center connection post can be pulled out w/ a paperclip bent about 1/8” through the center hole.

icangels

Jan 7, 2012
Diamondhead, MS
Ok... I've spent an entire weekend bouncing back and forth between my mall brand cig (280 mAh) and my two RiVa's (1100). (I put the 2 gas station 180's back in their box. Doubt I'll ever use these again).

I said earlier that I thought I preferred my little guy over the EGO. Well, not so sure about that anymore. I like em both, but the RiVa battery definately lasts longer (hours longer), and I'm getting over the size issue (what little bit of difference there is). The fact that my 2 EM RiVa EGO's are pink is a plus!

Also, my RiVa's are starting to taste more like my little guy (same e-juice in all 3). I guess they just needed to get broken in.

Last edited:

Charlz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2011
upstate NY
If you got bigger cartos to go on it, they definitely need a day or so to break in. Even standard size cartomizers need time to break in. 510 atomizers take 3 days to a week to break in

For the cartomizers, it just takes time for the juice to settle in everywhere. The coils on the carts and attys need time to "season" like a good cast iron pan.

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
Sounds like you're off to a great start, icangels !!! Loved my ego/riva the first day
I received it. You'll find the same juices will taste a bit different depending on the
carto or atty used, and what's powering it also, the longer you're at it, you will find
what works best for you......happy vaping.

p.s don't think I would have lasted more than one day using pink....:lol:..but that's me!!!

cags

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2011
east TN

icangels

Jan 7, 2012
Diamondhead, MS
Nicotine... I'm comfortable enough with my creative e-juice making skills to now add nicotine to the mix(es). Need some suggestions on the brand/type to purchase. I kinda/sorta want a bit of tobacco flavor (I think). I'm a non menthol smoker. I like the ejuice I purchased from gourmet vapor dot com. Anyone know what kind of tobacco they use?

Thanks Guys!

Sweeney Todd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2012
Durham, NC USA
stvapors.com
Sometimes the center connection post on the atty gets pushed too far in & will not make a connection. The center connection post can be pulled out w/ a paperclip bent about 1/8” through the center hole.

Can this ever happen to chargers? I have one that's being flaky with certain batteries, going green until I jostle it then continuing to charge.

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
Nicotine... I'm comfortable enough with my creative e-juice making skills to now add nicotine to the mix(es). Need some suggestions on the brand/type to purchase. I kinda/sorta want a bit of tobacco flavor (I think). I'm a non menthol smoker. I like the ejuice I purchased from gourmet vapor dot com. Anyone know what kind of tobacco they use?

Thanks Guys!

You'll want to check out the threads at DIY E-Liquid for juice component discussions.

And for the taste(s) you want to create, you will want to see E-Liquid Recipes. (Among others)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread