Status
Not open for further replies.

Sainted_S

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Nether Iceland of NWPA
I have seen chargers and atties fry batteries,
I know you had other chargers but did you use the same one for each unit. I mean I have multiple chargers as well but generally only use the one I have plugged in.

Yeah, I'm wondering if it has something to do with the charger myself.

judybr

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2010
Land of the Dragon, Western NC
I think this is a Riva issue.
I am on my second set and not even 2 months old and dead. The first set I thought I damaged also, but now with a second set doing the same thing. It just has to be the batteries. Mine also got very hot, went to flashing and the end.
Time to look for something better I guess.

pkj

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2010
Paula in Arizona
I only have 2 Riva 510 batts. They are the Riva 510 SE's. My other batteries are eGo 650mah & 900 mah. So far, no problems with any of them. I also have a 3.7v mod and I rotate all of my batteries. So far. So good.

It does almost make you wonder if there isn't something goofy in manufacturing. Maybe they put out a bad batch?

judybr

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2010
It seems I have read some other posts from people having issues with the Riva batteries and thinking the LR atomizers were the issue. I think it's just a bad batch/s. There are too many people dealing with this. I so hate to go back to the supplier that replaced the first set and ask for another set again. I think its maybe time to just try another brand.

I so understand lilteapot's stress! I came so close to tossing it all for a pack of cigs. It seems I wind up getting a new set of units every month or close to it since I started this. Granted, some of my vaping units have been off brands just to decide if this was for me but still, this is getting expensive. I have had serious family stress issues the last 3 weeks, a missing adult child, and all this system failure just about sent me over the edge. I am lucky enough to have a roughstack! So until I decide what to go with next this will do for now. I just really like to have 2-3 units going at one time with different flavors for my long drives.
Maybe I will go for a Ego and see if that will last longer than a month, ugh!

Any suggestions for those of us with crappy Rivas?

pkj

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2010
Paula in Arizona
I so hate to go back to the supplier that replaced the first set and ask for another set again. I think its maybe time to just try another brand. Maybe I will go for a Ego and see if that will last longer than a month, ugh!
Any suggestions for those of us with crappy Rivas?

Hi Judy, First thing, I have you and your family in my thoughts & prayers for the trying and difficult times happening at your house right now.

Next thing, only you can decide what is best for you. However, I encourage you to contact your supplier and tell them what has happened. How can the supplier help you if you don't tell them what the problem is? 99.99% of the suppliers are reputable people. They know you do not have a money tree. They want to support their customers and the products they sell. But they can not read minds. You need to tell them what has happened. Suppliers work hard for their money and they know we are not made of money. Chances are, your supplier has had communication with others who have experienced the very same problems you are having. Your supplier will deal with the manufacturer. Manufacturers do not want a bad reputation either.

Next thing, I have several eGo's. 650mah & 900mah. I love them. But, So Far - I love the 2 Riva 510 SE's I have too. This thread had prompted me to get out my Riva's and put them through the paces. I need to know they can handle a daily work load. I go on the road once in awhile for my work. I need failures to happen here at home - LOL

Pardon me for being so up-front with you. I hope I didn't come across too harshly. I really really encourage you to contact your supplier either through email or telephone. Something tells me your supplier will NOT be glad to hear about another problem BUT they will be glad you brought it to their attention. At that point, I hope they are able to help you. Maybe they can apply the amount you paid for the Riva and apply that to an eGo kit. You might have to pay the difference, but that should not be too much coming out of your pocket.

Thinking of you. Wishing you all the best,
Happy Vaping,
Paula

judybr

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2010
Paula and Abe,
Thanks and you are correct, I just hadn't thought of it that way. Too much happening here, or maybe I should say, too little.
Thanks also for the well wishes!! Life can be difficult to say the least and I know so many seem to have a rough patch this year. It just has to get better!

I was looking at the KR808?? on Liberty Flights, how good are these? Any known issues?
I like using cartomizers more than anything now and that at least might be one of my extra -spare options- or if they last long enough a daily user.

Thanks again,
Judy

judybr

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2010
Good... I hope
Just made the EGO order with the boge cartomizers and one extra larger battery. I just hope this works out. When I buy new stuff it's just not saving me any money over smoking so maybe these will last or at least not all go out at the same time.
I know I really like the joye cartomizers on fsusa but they have been out for awhile and those clear things are a pain in the ...., cool, but a pain anyway.

judybr

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2010
Hi Paula,

I certainly hope this works well. I have enough going on in my head right now.
I used my holiday money to stock up on nic juices and thought I was all set for at least half a year. Of course something had to crash that cart! I probably should have got another roughstack, they are great, just replace that battery if u mess one up which is way cheaper than the pretty rivas and egos. Maybe one day I can afford some of the prettier units madvapes is making and just have mostly battery issues to deal with. But then again, maybe these Ego's will last like they ought to!
Besides being healthier, I seriously wanted to be saving money with this great venture. Soon I will break even, lol.
I am assuming all 510 things will work on the Egos or do they need certain parts?

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Judy, I've had my Rivas and my eGos for a long time and they are working great. They are generally very dependable. Some fail, but they tend to fail early on, usually within weeks of purchase. That's why it's good to buy from vendors who offer a good warranty, like LF.

And yes, all the 510 threaded atties and cartos, including the tankomizers, will work with the eGos and Rivas.

Good luck and happy vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread