Help on quoting...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mEtoke2

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2008
Wisconsin, USA
Can someone please tell me how to quote a portion of a post. (Like one sentence out of the whole post) When I hit the quote button the whole post ends up in my "Post New Thread" and I have to backspace away everything but the sentence I originally wanted. I've tried highlighting the part I want, then hitting "quote", but still the same result.

Also how can I do multiple quotes in one of my posts? :confused:

Thanks in advance for your help. :thumbs:

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
There is no way to just quote part of someones post. You have to manually go in and delete. (by using the quote button atleast)

There is another way to do it though.

Copy and paste the text directly from the post itself. Now, that this text is in your new post, highlight it, and click the small quote Icon at the top. It should wrap quote html around it. Now, if you want to say its from someone then where is says "Quote" ... with little [ ] ... after the word quote use the = sign and put the users name in.

will quote part of yours now.
mEtoke2 said:
Thanks in advance for your help.

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
And to quote multiple posts, click on the Quote+ button (on the right) for each post, then on the Quote botton for any of them. All of them will be quoted with attribution.

And instead backspaceing all the way through parts you don't want, just highlight what you don't want, and hit the Backspace or Delete button once.

The benefit of quoting the whole text and deleting what you don't want is that not only will it automatically give the sources name automatically, it will give a small link in your post to the original post you are quoting, for anyone who may want to go back and reread it.

Last edited:

ApOsTle51

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2008
UK
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread