Help please! New vape questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cduggs125

Oct 31, 2019
Hi All,
I recently quit cigarettes and have been vaping, I went and bought a new kit and he set it up and all that (Vaporesso Luxe Nano) swag something kit.
I let the coil settle in and put in my juice which is 6mg nic and started vaping, and it ....ing hurt. I did all the things the guy said and every first and second hits really hurt my throat and after that it seems to calm down. Is this normal? I know it’s not a burnt coil cause I have tasted it and it’s 10x worse. I just really need the vape because I quit smoking! Please help. Am I doing something wrong? Cheers

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Hi All,
I recently quit cigarettes and have been vaping, I went and bought a new kit and he set it up and all that (Vaporesso Luxe Nano) swag something kit.
I let the coil settle in and put in my juice which is 6mg nic and started vaping, and it ....ing hurt. I did all the things the guy said and every first and second hits really hurt my throat and after that it seems to calm down. Is this normal? I know it’s not a burnt coil cause I have tasted it and it’s 10x worse. I just really need the vape because I quit smoking! Please help. Am I doing something wrong? Cheers
Could be the juice, some are quite harsh. Did you try playing around with wattage and airflow? Tell us your coil resistance, nic mg, and the pg/vg ratio of your juice. Also the name of your tank.
When asking questions keep in mind not all of us will be familiar with your gear so give us all the information of what your using.

Marper

Moved On
May 20, 2019
Pg can be harsh, I vape mainly 70vg/30pg direct to lung and even at that ratio took some getting used to,and I only use 3mg nic, when I vaped mouth to lung I could use upto 12mg nic with no problem, it depends on your vaping style and how much nic/pg your setup, lots of info here, more information needed to try to help you, with direct to lung you don't need as much nic as mouth to lung, the coughing will stop after a day or two if you are dtl but it's trial and error until you get the vape you are comfortable with

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Hi All,

cduggs125, More info is needed. What's your wattage setting? Are you getting a good plume of vapor? What you are describing could be a dry wick or a wattage setting that's too high for the coil and wick to maintain.

If it settles down after a couple of hits, then my guess would be that the atomizer wick isn't saturated when you start to vape, but begins to wet the wick as you take a few hits. Try taking a few primer hits without pressing the fire button, then press the button and try it again.

I'm assuming that you are using the tank that comes with the mod. When it's new you have to remove the coil body to expose the wick and them prime it with juice. Either that, or fill the tank and take a number of dry hits (without pressing the fire button) to get juice from the tank into the coil and wick. Once you've primed up the wick it should vape normally.

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yes I am confused also could be a lot of things.

If your coil tastes burnt now step one would be replacing it after THROUGHLY cleaning the tank and then starting over,. YOU MUST prime your coils. Lots of resources on how to do that, do a search or look at @Baditude 's blog. He has a nice tutorial.

Yes, you may have to play around with juice ratios. PG and VG higher VG may suit you more.

ALSO you may actually be a MTL vaper if you are using a DL tank with no joy.

That would mean a different tank and higher nic juice. I would recommend a zenith.

Sorry about your troubles, it sometimes takes some experimenting to find the winning combination but it is SO worth it in the end.

Welcome to ECF.

Anan

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
iu

Reactions: stols001

fourmedallions

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2010
Orlando, Florida
When I was familiarizing myself with my new mods, I also went and got a pen style kit. They are very easy to use, and are great for those moments when impatience is threatening to get the better of you, and/or when you have to stop and charge the batteries.

Congrats on giving up the smokes!

cduggs125

Oct 31, 2019
cduggs125, More info is needed. What's your wattage setting? Are you getting a good plume of vapor? What you are describing could be a dry wick or a wattage setting that's too high for the coil and wick to maintain.

If it settles down after a couple of hits, then my guess would be that the atomizer wick isn't saturated when you start to vape, but begins to wet the wick as you take a few hits. Try taking a few primer hits without pressing the fire button, then press the button and try it again.

I'm assuming that you are using the tank that comes with the mod. When it's new you have to remove the coil body to expose the wick and them prime it with juice. Either that, or fill the tank and take a number of dry hits (without pressing the fire button) to get juice from the tank into the coil and wick. Once you've primed up the wick it should vape normally.
I am using the set that came with the box, so whatever was in the box I’m using, the guy in the shop primed the coil for me so I replaced it and primed it and waited 15 minutes. I take like 6-8 prime hit before actually pressing the button and I get bits of juice flying down my throat and then I hit it and it still doesn’t work. It hurts and isn’t nice. My wattage is at 45. I started off at a lower setting like 25 (as guy suggested) and slowly worked my way up. I’m a bit upset I paid $85 for it and it’s like this lmao

cduggs125

Oct 31, 2019
Pg can be harsh, I vape mainly 70vg/30pg direct to lung and even at that ratio took some getting used to,and I only use 3mg nic, when I vaped mouth to lung I could use upto 12mg nic with no problem, it depends on your vaping style and how much nic/pg your setup, lots of info here, more information needed to try to help you, with direct to lung you don't need as much nic as mouth to lung, the coughing will stop after a day or two if you are dtl but it's trial and error until you get the vape you are comfortable with
My juice is 6mg from vapoureyesNZ. The guy at the shop said it’s a DTL vape. No idea about the vg pg stuff

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Cool. Probably wouldn’t hurt to watch a video or two on it then. There will be a bunch of them. Knowledge is good.

So it’s an 80w internal LiPo VV mod. That helps.

There are a couple different things that could be wrong. PG/VG issues, nic content, etc. I’m going to go into just one possible one which may or may not help:
It is possible to run the power up too high on those things. Somewhere in there will be a way to change the watts. The lower the number of watts you can get away with comfortably the longer the device will last between charges. “Suggested” wattages are often way way too high. If you got that same atty it’s got big mesh coils. Whatever the suggested wattage setting for your coil is I’d say turn it down to half that. Maybe even 1/3rd. Hopefully this will be too weak. Test it though. Then bump it up some and test again. With some luck (and if it’s not a different problem) you will reach a point where you like the vape but it’s not burning your face off. Bonus your battery will last longer.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I am using the set that came with the box, so whatever was in the box I’m using, the guy in the shop primed the coil for me so I replaced it and primed it and waited 15 minutes. I take like 6-8 prime hit before actually pressing the button and I get bits of juice flying down my throat and then I hit it and it still doesn’t work. It hurts and isn’t nice. My wattage is at 45. I started off at a lower setting like 25 (as guy suggested) and slowly worked my way up. I’m a bit upset I paid $85 for it and it’s like this lmao
We don't know what came in the box, please read the contents and tell us.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
My juice is 6mg from vapoureyesNZ. The guy at the shop said it’s a DTL vape. No idea about the vg pg stuff
The label should have the ratio on it. What flavor is the juice? If you want help you'll need to step up with some information and details.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Bit high perhaps but not too terribly bad for a B&M shop. It’s a decent full featured device at least. It’s the people who get stuck with SMOK devices I feel sorry for.

So you tried the low wattage work up thing already. Hmm. You said you tried it at 25. What happened?

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread