Status
Not open for further replies.

Cob24

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
A place some call paradise
I had a major hassle with the center pin and thought my center tube was too short.
The positive deck was loose and once I tightened it, the center pin was too high to fire.

A helpful member here put up a video and it turned out, the adjustable pin being too tightly screwed into the center post is common.

Once I got it freed, I tightened the center post to the positive deck, then put in the pin, adjusted it, and have been running perfectly.

You don't by chance have a link to that video?

Yeah I'm not really digging peaches and cream. It works but Once the wife gets home I'm off to cvs. Do I need to boil the cotton balls?

Ozwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Montana
So just organic cotton balls then? Stretched out and turned into sort of a string?

Take a look at my blog post to see pics on how to get the cotton ball into a wick. Less is more, make sure it stays fluffy, don't compress it too much.

When I twist the end, I pinch the tightly rolled part & gently pull it to make it even. Start at the base of the twisted section & work your way to the other end. Once you have the chamber on, you can rip off the ends.

Ozwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Montana

Yeah I'm not really digging peaches and cream. It works but Once the wife gets home I'm off to cvs. Do I need to boil the cotton balls?

You can, but it's really not all that necessary. If you get the organic ones, it was probably only treated with HO. It may have a very slight taste for a second, but it'll go away. It won't hurt you or anything. I don't bother.

rastapete69

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2013
Orlando

This helped immensely with my center pin problem

Russian 91%, center pin connector - YouTube

I've seen a lot of videos showing fancy wicking methods and patterns with the wick, but haven't found anything as reliable as the good old cut above the chimney and stuff down the sides method.

Just did a rewick this morning on my R91 and am still convinced it's the best way.

I will say, I found the Russian91 a little trickier than my kayfun Clone and would have been very frustrated with the whole experience if I hadn't been familiar with the setup.

Last edited:

Cob24

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
This helped immensely with my center pin problem

Russian 91%, center pin connector - YouTube

HOLY CRAP!!! Why couldn't I find that video before I start working on it this morning. Now I'm gonna take it apart again. Why is it that he's the only one that I've seen find that little tidbit.

Hopefully the coil I have in there will survive me doing this cause I think I'll get me but kicked if I have to go pay $5 for 3' while I'm waiting on 200 ft to come from amazon

Last edited:

rastapete69

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2013
Orlando
Same thing I wondered after literally spending half a day ripping out perfectly good coils that were reading sub ohm.

I called VaporKings in Oklahoma, where I bought the R91 and got someone who was slightly helpful but didn't mention the screw being seized in the center tube.

I had it packed up and ready to go back when I posted my frustration here and was directed to the video and found out it is not uncommon for the deck to be loose and the pin stuck.

Not only am I surprised a $90 atomizer came like this, but will never do business with Vaporkings again.

Ozwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Montana
HOLY CRAP!!! Why couldn't I find that video before I start working on it this morning. Now I'm gonna take it apart again. Why is it that he's the only one that I've seen find that little tidbit.

Hopefully the coil I have in there will survive me doing this cause I think I'll get me but kicked if I have to go pay $5 for 3' while I'm waiting on 200 ft to come from amazon

If you weren't so busy dancing with the hula girls I'd say swing by & I'd give you a few feet of 32g. Good luck with the center pin. Not sure exactly what you're doing, but if the coil's going to get jostled around, put the bit back in it if you can. (I didn't watch the posted vid, I'm just watching to make sure you get this thing tackled)

Harley0227

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2014
Katy, TX, USA
Deep breath bro.... Ok, check the adjustment on your center pin to use your Loki ring, for the cotton..... Make sure you remove the cotton, dry burn the coil, blow it off to rid the junk (repeat twice at least), unroll a cotton ball like a bail of hay, from the edge grab about 3/8" in slowly pull it off like tearing paper length-wise. Take that little strip you took off and gently twist between your fingers. Then, twist one end to a point and put through your coil. Make sure it's not Twisted tight, it should be fluffy. Cut it off about 1"away on both sides of the coil. Pull both ends of wick up, put lower part of chimney on. Gently tuck the ends of the wick down to the lower deck at the bottom of the chimney. Saturate with your liquid. Let it soak in and make sure it's all wet. Then assemble, fill, and test vape.

Cob24

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
So I started yelling profanities at this Russian (probably made some enemies in the neighborhood) and the wife poured some shots. So I'm a little drunk really quick (haven't had a drink in 3 weeks) so I'm stepping away from that dirty little Russian for now. And I'm going to the probowl tomorrow so I'll be drunk all day. So I will put this little turd down until Monday. Thanks all for the help and I'm admitting defeat for the evening and crawling into a bottle of crown and fireball.

Cob24

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
Ok I couldn't help myself. I'm trying to figure out how to unroll a cotton ball. I'm really glad I don't have a webcam because my YouTube video would go viral with all the funny stuff going on right now. I've heard it's worth it and that's why I keep going. I'm in it for the self sustainable vaping aspect and the flavor. Once I get the flavor I'm good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread