Hi new guy here, got a bunch of questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex11110

Dec 11, 2019
It's not that I'm advising against mesh, just wanted to show that there's more variety with regular wire.

I do appreciate your input and I agree with you. There is definitely more variety using regular wires.
But since I am both lazy and limited budget wise, when it comes to vaping I just don't have the tools nor the interest to learn how to construct all these crazy wire types such as claptons, aliens and whatever else they are called. It is just not convenient enough for me, and convenience is king.
So I am just buying spools of some type of wire, currently alien, and I just snip pieces off when it is time for new coils. It has been very convenient and has given me good results, but my bro from uni is vaping on manufactured mesh coils on his sub-ohm tank, and getting way better vape than I do from my premade "aliens".

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
I wasn't debating I was trying to get the point out there to whoever was reading, the point is Shop around and don't get ripped off like Dropster:confused:
They got the point, I don't think you did though and probably won't by the sounds of things!!
Enjoy your over priced attys:)
The only thing you pointed out is that you really ARE upside down in Australia. :spam:

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
I do appreciate your input and I agree with you. There is definitely more variety using regular wires.
But since I am both lazy and limited budget wise, when it comes to vaping I just don't have the tools nor the interest to learn how to construct all these crazy wire types such as claptons, aliens and whatever else they are called. It is just not convenient enough for me, and convenience is king.
So I am just buying spools of some type of wire, currently alien, and I just snip pieces off when it is time for new coils. It has been very convenient and has given me good results, but my bro from uni is vaping on manufactured mesh coils on his sub-ohm tank, and getting way better vape than I do from my premade "aliens".
If convenience is king, then why even bother looking into the Profile? Just grab yourself a packet of HorizonTech Falcon M1 mesh coils to go with their tank and call it a day because it seems to me you just answered all your own questions so you're not really looking for help.

Alex11110

Dec 11, 2019
If convenience is king, then why even bother looking into the Profile? Just grab yourself a packet of HorizonTech Falcon M1 mesh coils to go with their tank and call it a day because it seems to me you just answered all your own questions so you're not really looking for help

because pre-manufactured coils are not only far more expensive than mesh strips and cotton is, they also don't last as long.

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
because pre-manufactured coils are not only far more expensive than mesh strips and cotton is, they also don't last as long.
I have no idea what you mean. Each time when you need to rewick the Profile you throw away a big ball of cotton that's still permeated with expensive juice, and, simply screwing in a new premade coil is not only far more convenient, but also it saves time so, because time is money and since you already said yourself that you're lazy... well, you get the picture. ;) Seriously, though... those Falcon M1 coils can easily last 2 whole months so, in practice, they're still comparatively cheap. In addition, it's a tank so it eliminates the need to use a squonk mod. Which saves you more money because the Topside Dual costs around 100 Euros versus only 60 Euros for the Vaporesso GEN Mod. :p

Alex11110

Dec 11, 2019
Well I don't know how you manage to make those coils last 2 months, ime these coils lasts MAX 2 weeks and here in denmark a package of 3 coils costs 21 dollars. Considering that I can reuse a mesh strip several times and that cottons is cheap if I don't get the very overpriced "M A X I M U M ULTRA LAVA LIGHTNING COTTON" or whatever ridiculous name they have.
the topside dual that I am getting costs around the 50 - 60 euro, I am not getting the carbon version, I don't need TC.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
The price difference is not even close. A 10 pack of mesh should last a year sans any accidents. Mesh is not as robust as large fat coils, but with a little care a single strip can last months.

You can pick up a large pack of Japanese cotton pads for next to nothing. Amazon, 180 Muji pads for $8 Canadain. If wasteful, 1 Muji pad would be required to wick 1 Profile and would last approx. a month. A pack of 180 is 15 years worth!

If looking for the absolute cheapest way to vape, there are alternatives to mesh. But the Profile and it’s current counterparts are not expensive at all, and certainly more cost efficient than subohm tanks and drop in coils.

To note: Japanese Muji pads has to be one of the easiest ways to wick the Profile. Use 3/4 to a full pad with the harder outer layers removed and just trim to length. No guesswork needed!

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
Well I don't know how you manage to make those coils last 2 months, ime these coils lasts MAX 2 weeks and here in denmark a package of 3 coils costs 21 dollars. Considering that I can reuse a mesh strip several times and that cottons is cheap if I don't get the very overpriced "M A X I M U M ULTRA LAVA LIGHTNING COTTON" or whatever ridiculous name they have.
the topside dual that I am getting costs around the 50 - 60 euro, I am not getting the carbon version, I don't need TC.
What I meant to say was that a packet of three M1 coils easily lasts two months. I have no idea what vape hardware prices are like in Denmark, but the absolute cheapest I was able to find the regular (not Carbon) version of the Topside Dual anywhere within the EU was 88.90 Euros, and, this does not include the shipping cost. Further, I have no idea why you keep referring to Cotton Bacon 2.0 as if it's some kind of extremist/elitist type product that is going to break the bank. Almost everyone around here uses it. That's the only real reason why I had decided to mention it, it's simply because everyone is familiar with it, kind of like how everyone around here knows that a "Bic" is a ballpoint pen. Finally, I was referring to the fact that the big ball of cotton that you throw away each time when you rewick is still permeated with juice. So a lot of juice goes to waste as a result from this. Not a problem if you mix your own DIY juice I guess, but still worth noting IMO because all that extra effort adds up quickly. Building a pair of good aliens takes me about 20 minutes on average, and that's still considered slow because I know people who can build, mount, wick up, and juice up such a coil build all in under 15 minutes. But anyway, you've already made your own decision so good luck.

Alex11110

Dec 11, 2019
a packet of three M1 coils easily lasts two months
Oh then I misunderstood what you meant. Thought you meant each coil.

I was able to find the regular (not Carbon) version of the Topside Dual anywhere within the EU was 88.90 Euros
Where did you find this?

why you keep referring to Cotton Bacon 2.0 as if it's some kind of extremist/elitist type product that is going to break the bank.
Just being sarcastic.
Not a problem if you mix your own DIY juice I guess,
I do this, so it is relatively cheap compared to premade liquids.

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
Oh then I misunderstood what you meant. Thought you meant each coil.
That was actually my bad. Sorry for the confusion.
Where did you find this?
Topside Dual Dovpo Box, BF Topside Dual 200W box| Le Petit Vapoteur
Just being sarcastic.
lol
I do this, so it is relatively cheap compared to premade liquids.
Fair enough. A packet of three Falcon M1 coils only costs about £10 in the UK, though... that's like only 12 Euros versus the 21 Euros (in Denmark) that you mentioned earlier, but yeah, even so, the shipping cost still needs to be factored in also I guess. Then again, usually, replacement squonk bottles are not entirely for free, either. Either way, here in Euroland 50-60 Euros does appear to me like it could be the normal price for the regular Topside, not the Topside Dual (AFAIK excepting only maybe if you got extremely very lucky somehow).

Falcon M1 Coils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread