New member. Looking for the best mesh RTA to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
I looked up that atomizer and the coils that fit it and at that site the cost was over $19 a pack.
I have looked at the lists and there certainly are many that work with the Big Baby Beast of which I currently have 6 of and like the Smok mesh and strip coils. I can find both for pretty reasonable prices. The question I would have is if anyone has done a comparison between the various mesh coil heads.
BTW I have purchased some of the light up LED Big Baby Beast coils just because they were dirt cheap. I did find that because there is a metal disc on the bottom of the tank it takes a great amount of effort to get a strip coil and at times a mesh coil to thread. I often screw the top of the coil head on to the top of the tank and they try to press hard as I attempt to thread it on to the bottom threads. It is just something that those who use the light up tanks should know about before purchasing.
The price being high is probably cause it’s new, if interested keep your eye out. Prices always lower after they’ve been out for a while.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
I'll just add this thought.....there really is no BEST anything when it comes to vaping. There are some really awesome products out there but best is hard to define. If you love it, and it works for you and you cant live without it, then that would be the best for you and i guarantee that someone else will hate it for whatever various reasons. Happy vaping!!

thomasterrible

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2018
I'll just add this thought.....there really is no BEST anything when it comes to vaping. There are some really awesome products out there but best is hard to define. If you love it, and it works for you and you cant live without it, then that would be the best for you and i guarantee that someone else will hate it for whatever various reasons. Happy vaping!!

There is some truth to the last few posts. But to have a comparison based upon objective reasoning would be a nice tool or guide if you will.

For example I can tell you that I have found with the light up Big Baby Beast tanks the mesh and even more the strip coils are very hard to thread in even using a great amount of force because they have a metal disc on the bottom.
I realize that is a tank issue not a coil issue really but it is an example which comes to mind.

Also once I find the coils I want I can then look at certain sites that usually have good deals and will buy them there.
Right now not many places carry the strip coils for the BBB tank. Not even the Smok store. But there are a few online retailers. If you are only buying one box then I have found them for $14.20 including shipping. I have been hoping an online store I have a good relationship would get them in as if I can get all my items from the same site it is going to be just one shipping fee.

While there are many reasons I like the mesh at times I like the "strip" ones better.
When I first got a Big Baby Beast tank with a mod kit the coils had a huge failure rate. I knew what the issue was. Finally they seem to have fixed it as it has been a long time since I have had a bad coil from Smok. That is a bit of information that owners of light up BBB tanks would appreciate before purchasing them I think.

Right now I am happy with what I am using now but always willing to try something new and if there was a lot of people that swore by some other mesh coil that fit I would likely at least try them.

VV has a mesh RTA - Mesh 24 RTA | VANDY VAPE

I tried that VV mesh RDA but wasn't a fan. It always felt like I was on the verge of a nasty dry hit and keeping it juiced was a pain. When the conditions were right, it was a great vape though. This RTA would eliminate the worry of keeping the mesh adequately juiced. As far as wicking goes, I think Cotton Bacon should work pretty well. You need to jam it in there really tight to make sure there is wick in contact with the entire surface of the mesh and Cotton Bacon is already nice and dense.

There are some good videos on YT showing the best way to wick mesh.

Yes, I have the VV Mesh RTA and have burned my throat several times with dry hits. Still trying to get the wicking just right to avoid this. I don't like guessing to see if I get a good hit or a harsh dry hit. FRUSTRATING!

Tralfaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2012
Orbit City
Yes, I have the VV Mesh RTA and have burned my throat several times with dry hits. Still trying to get the wicking just right to avoid this. I don't like guessing to see if I get a good hit or a harsh dry hit. FRUSTRATING!
Agreed, it is quite frustrating. So much so that it ruins the experience completely for me since I'm always worried about that nasty dry hit. I sold my VV Mesh RDA on the classies here and never looked back. It's been a while since I posted about it, though. Since then, mrjustright1 released his Profile RDA.

This one looks like it might finally eliminate that worry of getting the dreaded dry mesh hit. It's worth looking at if anyone's still considering mesh.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I got the Profile and it is a great rda. I also use Digiflavor mesh pro rda which works well also. The mesh pro is better if you like an open airflow. The profile is good at restrictive pulls. As far as getting the wicking right it is pretty easy. I clamp one side of the mesh down, twist up the wicking, tuck it underneath the mesh while clamping the other side. Then I untwist the wicking and it’s nice and tight. That’s really the only trick to avoid dry hits. Having the wick tight under the mesh to prevent the dreaded dry hit.

Carnage1962

Aug 26, 2018
Hi there I have vandy vape mesh rta and Themis mesh rta the vandy vape one is ok but airflow is very restricted the Themis is a bit tough to wick right but is a beauty to vape I found use very little cotton and don’t block juice reservoir and it’s great 2weeks between cotton changes I love this tank (Themis mesh) it’s my daily tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread