Hi new guy here, got a bunch of questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
I don't like wine vintage or not, I'll stick to beer, us common people can't afford wine even if it comes in a box haha
My health condition doesn't allow me to drink alcohol. But it does allow me to vape so that's what I'll do, like my life depended on it... which it factually did do, or at least I choose to believe so.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
hmm, according to "Mike vapes" on YT the top part of the airflow on the 1.5 is not only completely pointless but using it actually results in poor flavor. which kinda forces you to only use half the airflow.
That might be subjective but maybe it is better to stick to the original?

Owning both the Profile rda and the Unity RTA, I prefer the airflow of the Unity. The difference is subtle, but noticeable. Can’t say the difference contributes to more flavour, I still think the rda wins here (again, subtle but noticeable), but it does add to the experience. The 1.5 “looks” to mimic the airflow of the Unity with the top portion closed off. That’s just my subjective opinion….have not tried the 1.5….YET!

As for the size of the mesh, if it brings more options then I see that as a bonus, but not a guarantee improvement over flavour or experience. Will depend on what the user is looking for. Mikey did say the one mesh option allowed him to achieve a warmer vape. So if that is what you are looking for, then bonus!!

Alex11110

Dec 11, 2019
As for the size of the mesh, if it brings more options then I see that as a bonus
well see now I am starting to consider the ups and downs of this. How do I now know which mesh strips fits in the RDA that I have? If I get the 1.5 or the original I suppose there will be mesh strips that will either be too long or too short to fit in the rda no?
I mean sure, being too long is not much of a problem since I can just cut it to size but too short will definitely be a problem.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
well see now I am starting to consider the ups and downs of this. How do I now know which mesh strips fits in the RDA that I have? If I get the 1.5 or the original I suppose there will be mesh strips that will either be too long or too short to fit in the rda no?
I mean sure, being too long is not much of a problem since I can just cut it to size but too short will definitely be a problem.

The new 1.5 strip will not work in the original – but suspect the older strips will work in the 1.5. I do not know about availability, just learned of the 1.5 a couple of days ago. No sign of it here in Canada as of yet.

• Informative
Reactions: Alex11110

Marper

Moved On
May 20, 2019
The new 1.5 strip will not work in the original – but suspect the older strips will work in the 1.5. I do not know about availability, just learned of the 1.5 a couple of days ago. No sign of it here in Canada as of yet.
Orf have the mesh strips for the 1.5 called nexmesh and rated with names like chill and extreme

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Orf have the mesh strips for the 1.5 called nexmesh and rated with names like chill and extreme

Ya, saw that. Kinda cheesy in my opinion but what ever. Call em gerbil cages if they want. Marketing at it's finest! But it’s good they provided all 3 offerings with the RDA and I am sure other offerings will come in the near future.

• Agree
Reactions: Marper

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
Like I say, Shop Around;)
Here's your Terk V2 RDAs that you paid 70 Euros for.
First website I came across $53 Euros:lol::lol:
MTERK TERK V2 24mm/25mm Squonk RDA
Do you mean to tell me that international shipping from the U.S. to Europe is free and that there is no such thing as added import tax? Further, the reason why I didn't get that $10 discount like from that website you linked is because I have already been enjoying my Terk V2 RDAs for ages, and, during that period no discounts have been available anywhere here that I'm aware of.

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    Do you mean to tell me that international shipping from the U.S. to Europe is free and that there is no such thing as added import tax? Further, the reason why I didn't get that $10 discount like from that website you linked is because I have already been enjoying my Terk V2 RDAs for ages, and, during that period no discounts have been available anywhere here that I'm aware of.

First website I came across sunshine:)
    Like I say, shop around in your country. I think your getting ripped off:w00t:

dripster

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 18, 2017
    Belgium
    hmm, according to "Mike vapes" on YT the top part of the airflow on the 1.5 is not only completely pointless but using it actually results in poor flavor. which kinda forces you to only use half the airflow.
    That might be subjective but maybe it is better to stick to the original?
    He did imply that having only one hole open in the top row in cohort with having the bottom row fully open isn't completely pointless, as that would factually depend on what you prefer. Whether or not the option to choose a wider mesh strip and use a higher wattage to achieve a warmer vape can be a useful bonus to you is something only you can decide for yourself, but then I guess you'll never know that unless you try it first, and, IME there exist plenty of juices that only really come to life by going for a warm, wet, dense, saturated vape.

• Agree
    Reactions: Alex11110

dripster

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 18, 2017
    Belgium
    First website I came across sunshine:)
    Like I say, shop around in your country. I think your getting ripped off:w00t:
    It's a website in the U.S. so it would be kind of like comparing BMW car prices in Germany to the ones in the U.S., and, I think you are experiencing trouble knowing when you've lost a debate. Because, if everyone thought the same as you, then nobody would buy the product over here, yet, lots of people have bought it at that price, and they are still happy about it also in addition to that, but you wouldn't know that because, instead of taking your own advice by shopping around to find out what's out there, you just continue to spread your obvious BS.

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    It's a website in the U.S. so it would be kind of like comparing BMW car prices in Germany to the ones in the U.S., and, I think you are experiencing trouble knowing when you've lost a debate. Because, if everyone thought the same as you, then nobody would buy the product over here, yet, lots of people have bought it at that price, and they are still happy about it also in addition to that, but you wouldn't know that because, instead of taking your own advice by shopping around to find out what's out there, you just continue to spread your obvious BS.

I wasn't debating I was trying to get the point out there to whoever was reading, the point is Shop around and don't get ripped off like Dropster:confused:
    They got the point, I don't think you did though and probably won't by the sounds of things!!
    Enjoy your over priced attys:)

• Optimistic
    Reactions: dripster

NealBJr

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 27, 2013
    Lawrenceville, Ga.
    Sorry, I missed most of this post. Like many others, I am not too well familiar with Mesh setups. Although I can see the benefit of such an idea, I find it lacking in the ability to customize it. Yes, you may be able to get certain resistance, but to me, vaping has become more about resistance and wattage. A .6 ohm coil at 25 watts can vape very differently depending on what wire you use. With mesh, you don't have the same options for thickness that a wire does, and you're limited to the ohms they provide.

for me, I prefer 26 gauge nichrome running 8 wraps around a 2.5mm jig. Or 28 gauge kanthal running aroubt 6-7 wraps not micro coiled around the same 2.5mm jig. Those two vape about the same to me. 26 gauge kanthal heats a bit too slow, and 28mm nicrhome is too flimsy and large for my taste. If I had to ask how to get the same vape experience that I experience, I simply cannot say...I don't think you can with mesh.

I've tried building on RBA decks adopted for pre-made coils and I can agree, those are horrible to work on. I've tried before on a Smok TFV4 and a Kangertech Subtank. the build decks were tiny and finicky. the last few RTA tanks I've used had decent sized tanks and tiny to medium sized decks. Both single coil and dual coil. Right now, I'm using a single coil with a clapton coil, which provides about the same vape as my dual coil Goblin mini's. I have all those options of tanks, build decks, wire sizes/types, that I never give mesh a second look.

I also believe mesh is geared more towards those who like huge clouds. Me, I prefer restricted lung hits with more flavor. It's not that I'm advising against mesh, just wanted to show that there's more variety with regular wire.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread