Not open for further replies.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
View attachment 645333
Well I added a couple more dollars to the Hussar investment and I'm pretty happy with the result. Steam Tuners did a bang up job here.
The flavor is quite wonderful and the ST kit simplifies the device for a stooge like me. Honestly, I find the flavor right there with the Origen with a twisted 30 @ 1.0 build. I run the Origen with twin 28's @ .7, NET's and cotton.
Fondled a Dome II this week...shoulda bought...probably will. Mark Todd's review has me intrigued in rta form and it's a rare find which kicked my OCD into overdrive.
Is there a 12 step for vapegearaholics?
Best improvement I've made to mine too. It looks really nice, but I keep screwing the tip on too tight. It's hard to get off.

A-C-E

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2015
Austria
Love the Narda the GP Dripper Pro, really like the Hadaly and the O16. This week i got "das Ding" (the thing) from Michael Kopp Design (Germany). Clearly my new favourite. Don't even know if that RDA is known outside of the german speaking community. There is an RDTA version also called "das TankDing" (tank thing) basically a "Ding" (thing) with a tank. Some of you guys might know the heavily priced MK1 mechanical mod from that guy that has been around in gazillion versions for quite some time (and never found its way to me because of the excessively steep price point).

I was on the verge to order the Reaper but 2ml capacity are a no go for me.
4ml tanks will be available as an option in april - at that price point they should be included.

Reactions: Yonjuro

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Got the Reaper V2 in this morning. Its basically what youd expect. Todd pretty much nailed it.
Nothing special about it other than the flavor is just top notch. Dont get me wrong machining, etc is high end quality. Its a damn good RTA.
I like the new air flow design over the old one. The AFC ring is tight and will not move from where you set it on its own. I found the second to smallest hole (1.5mm) is where I like it. Its the standard ring with 2 holes on opposite ends not the single hole MTL ring you have to purchase separately. I would think the 3mm holes would easily allow for restricted lung hits.
Top fill is convenient.
The standard top cap with the built in tip is adequate as I vaped the whole first tank on it just to see if I would like it, but it is a little shorter than what Im used to. Next fill up Im going to use the extension and a preferred tip.

The flavor is so dense and flavorful. Im just using a simple 2.5mm 1.2 ohm kanthal build, but the deck is large enough for much larger builds as Todd showed.

I initially wasnt that interested in purchasing the Reaper V2 as the V1 was great and in my regular rotation and I thought Id branch out to a skyline or just something different. I may still get a skyline eventually but Ive lost a bit of my desire for it. lol

I think you guys that are restricted lung but demand flavor will like this Reaper V2.

EDIT Just to add a couple cons to this tank. I do prefer using the top extension with my choice of drip tip. This adds a little extra height to the tank. It is titanium so it still lightweight. Another thing, I wish it held more eliquid. Looks like its 2 mil. Easy top filling somewhat minimizes that con but I felt it was worth mentioning. That could be a deal breaker for some and the overall height with the extension top cap for a 2mil tank. That being said this RTA vapes very well and Ive experienced no hiccups with it. Nets are very tasty.

View attachment 644977
And it just looks better then the v1. I have a couple v1's in the 2ml version tank, which I love because I just can't get into tall rtas. What is the height of your version? Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

dsheik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2014
overland park, KS
And it just looks better then the v1. I have a couple v1's in the 2ml version tank, which I love because I just can't get into tall rtas. What is the height of your version? Thanks

With the top end with the built in tip (pictured) I measure 51mm end to end including the tip.
With the top end that allows for a drip tip of your choosing I measure 48mm end to end, drip tip not included.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
With the top end with the built in tip (pictured) I measure 51mm end to end including the tip.
With the top end that allows for a drip tip of your choosing I measure 48mm end to end, drip tip not included.
Thanks buddy.. I'm measuring about 47 on my nano v1 without tip, so pretty much the same, I'm liking the size.

Reactions: dsheik

A-C-E

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2015
Austria
MTL + Cotton + Topcoiler is a rather unpopular combo nowadays - the new topcoil stuff is mostly DTL or RDTL. Although you can turn down the airflow the chambers are usually too big for MTL low air throughput impacting flavor.
Origen MK2 is still top notch. Have a look at Magister (Used, original not available anymore), Le Zephyr (Used, original not produced anymore) - PRO: flavor is stellar, small atty CON: small capacity. MTL wise I think these days you might have more options going the RDA - BF - Squonking route...
Don't know if still available but the IZI from Boostlab might also be a good choice for you.
I am sure there are MTL vapers with more ideas around. You could try also posting in the genesis category - not all genny lovers might read in the RTA threads...

EDIT: InSane is available and might be a fit if you can live with a tiny tank.

VictorC

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2015
Toronto, Ontario
In the market for a new atty, what would be your choice of RTA with the following restrictions?

-Top coil genesis style
-Can be wicked with cotton
-MTL draw

Cant say origenny... i have too many as it is and want to try something different. Or is that the best of the best?

You can check DDP One RTA

nclay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2014
California
MTL + Cotton + Topcoiler is a rather unpopular combo nowadays - the new topcoil stuff is mostly DTL or RDTL. Although you can turn down the airflow the chambers are usually too big for MTL low air throughput impacting flavor.
Origen MK2 is still top notch. Have a look at Magister (Used, original not available anymore), Le Zephyr (Used, original not produced anymore) - PRO: flavor is stellar, small atty CON: small capacity. MTL wise I think these days you might have more options going the RDA - BF - Squonking route...
Don't know if still available but the IZI from Boostlab might also be a good choice for you.
I am sure there are MTL vapers with more ideas around. You could try also posting in the genesis category - not all genny lovers might read in the RTA threads...

EDIT: InSane is available and might be a fit if you can live with a tiny tank.
Thanks for the suggestions. Ill definitely check all these out.
I actually have a clone of the IZI coming to check out before i drop the cash on the real deal.

My big deal with top coil is leaking and environment adaptability, my job puts me in a freezing office sometimes and hot sun sometimes so my device is constantly changing temperature throughout the day and I've found this leads to leaking.

A-C-E

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2015
Austria
Izi clone has slightly misaligned airholes and a tad smaller ones too, something to consider when testing the clone.
Your issues with rapid changing temperature can be adressed in various ways.
1. Topcoiler (only a solution if kept upright)
2. Top airflow (like OBS Engine <-NOT MTL!)
3. Filler tank (Spheroid V1, V2, V3 with fluff (V4 not fluffable!), old Taifun GT with cotton tank, Heron (with fluff). Those are pressure change resistant (airplane) and temperature tolerant (except exceedingly high temps)
4. Atties like Flash-e-Vapor, Taifun GSL, Origen 19/22, Origen Little where a separate wick from above feeds the cotton wick in the coil. Those are pressure resistant (airplane) and temperature tolerant (except very high temps)

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Izi clone has slightly misaligned airholes and a tad smaller ones too, something to consider when testing the clone.
Your issues with rapid changing temperature can be adressed in various ways.
1. Topcoiler (only a solution if kept upright)
2. Top airflow (like OBS Engine <-NOT MTL!)
3. Filler tank (Spheroid V1, V2, V3 with fluff (V4 not fluffable!), old Taifun GT with cotton tank, Heron (with fluff). Those are pressure change resistant (airplane) and temperature tolerant (except exceedingly high temps)
4. Atties like Flash-e-Vapor, Taifun GSL, Origen 19/22, Origen Little where a separate wick from above feeds the cotton wick in the coil. Those are pressure resistant (airplane) and temperature tolerant (except very high temps)

The Spheroid V4 can be used with filler/fluff as can the Heron v3 (but not apparently with the new Heron V4 when (if?) it is eventually released!)

Misaligned airholes on that Izi clone will be a disaster. The authentic is tough enough to build right. Wick it wrong and it is a gurgling, leaking, spitting horror show. Get it right and it is a great atty! Great point about the FeV/GSL and the Origens!

A-C-E

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2015
Austria
@TheotherSteveS Heron V3 is not out yet. Perseas states explicitely and clearly that Heron V3 (if ever released) will not be usable with filler material --> see Vendor Forum.
Spheroid V4 might be able to use with filler material but that would mean using it without the provided cap leaving a rather big gap between coil and chimney. Haven't used any fluff builds in the V4 and not seen anyone do it. Have you successfully used filler material in a V4? How does it compare with the prio versions (except the obvious differences in airflow)? I use filler material in the V2 also in the Heron V1.5 and V2.

The misaligned airholes in the IZI clone are nervewrecking but correctable to a degree by drilling out the holes in the cap making them bigger. The misalignment is between the holes in the deck and the holes in the cap.

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
@TheotherSteveS Heron V3 is not out yet. Perseas states explicitely and clearly that Heron V3 (if ever released) will not be usable with filler material --> see Vendor Forum.
Spheroid V4 might be able to use with filler material but that would mean using it without the provided cap leaving a rather big gap between coil and chimney. Haven't used any fluff builds in the V4 and not seen anyone do it. Have you successfully used filler material in a V4? How does it compare with the prio versions (except the obvious differences in airflow)? I use filler material in the V2 also in the Heron V1.5 and V2.

The misaligned airholes in the IZI clone are nervewrecking but correctable to a degree by drilling out the holes in the cap making them bigger. The misalignment is between the holes in the deck and the holes in the cap.
sorry I got my v numbers mixed up. I meant the v3 for the heron not v4 and yes indeed, Perseas has stated it wont be usable with filler!

Using the v4 spheroid with filler does need the deck cap to be left off but that is no big deal and no different to a prometey for example. Same for the Heron V2 really although the 'new' topper would work ok.

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Anyone have experience with the pico? How is it on wicking/leaking?

Thanks
yup! I have had one for a long time and it sat unused for much of that time, largely because i didnt spend any time trying to get it set up properly. I went back to it, got it working well and now it is one of my most used tanks! Building is a bit of a pita as the deck needs to be dismantled pretty much. I wick it with an M wick inside the chamber just touching the juice holes and extending back down to the bottom. Needs care when screwing everything together - plastic on plastic and metal on plastic - so cross-threading is to be avoided!! The ultem replacement chamber and top cap are probably a bit more resistant to this but will still need care. If all is screwed together tightly, no leaking at all and a real flavour beast. I imagine the micro chamber is even better but the build even trickier!

Reactions: Asbestos4004

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
yup! I have had one for a long time and it sat unused for much of that time, largely because i didnt spend any time trying to get it set up properly. I went back to it, got it working well and now it is one of my most used tanks! Building is a bit of a pita as the deck needs to be dismantled pretty much. I wick it with an M wick inside the chamber just touching the juice holes and extending back down to the bottom. Needs care when screwing everything together - plastic on plastic and metal on plastic - so cross-threading is to be avoided!! The ultem replacement chamber and top cap are probably a bit more resistant to this but will still need care. If all is screwed together tightly, no leaking at all and a real flavour beast. I imagine the micro chamber is even better but the build even trickier!
My experience exactly. Love the Pico....and I had the micro chamber. Flavor was elevated a tad but, to me, it wasn't worth the extra effort. Plus, the Pico looks good on everything!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread