Status
Not open for further replies.

crashtestjeep

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2009
Wilmington, NC
www.myspace.com
IMO they work really really well at 7.4v.....then once broken in I can use them w 6v. I wouldnt throw em in the drawer yet...Higher resistance means more work to break them in....They will likely last longer than an average atty and save batt life. I can take the one Ive been using ALOT at 7.4v, then switch to 6v and it works GREAT! My batts also last almost double the time and I get great vapor on both Higher Voltages. I guess Im just tryin to say to break them in good before u judge them...;)

Last edited:

d4rk3

ECF Veteran
Nov 29, 2009
IMO they work really really well at 7.4v.....then once broken in I can use them w 6v. I wouldnt throw em in the drawer yet...Higher resistance means more work to break them in....They will likely last longer than an average atty and save batt life. I can take the one Ive been using ALOT at 7.4v, then switch to 6v and it works GREAT! My batts also last almost double the time and I get great vapor on both Higher Voltages. I guess Im just tryin to say to break them in good before u judge them...;)
Good to know. I'm excited. I'm so sick of frying atomizers, lol.

eclypse

Moved On
Sep 9, 2009
Macomb MI
Heres a pretty good quote i've found about the HV attys.

The number of most importance is the watts. Contrary to popular belief, its not the starting volts of the supply that matter. It is the resiatance of the circuit and amps the power source is able to supply. All this hype about a 5v sweet spot is useless. The "sweet spot" is around 10 watts of power. With these custom resistance atties(designed by Cisco) you can achieve the desired wattage(sweetspot) to your liking. So if your sweet spot is 10 watts(aka 5v) then a set of 2 x CR123@3v and a 4.9 ohm atomizer is for you. Or if you prefer a little stiff use 2 x CR123@3.7 volt for a 15 watt vape with the said atty. My advise to you, buy one of each common reistance(HV) atty and try different combos of batt/atty.
Chad

I've got a HV atty on the way from Nhaler so.. i'll give it at go at 5 volts and see how it goes.

Mosin

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Highland, CA
Hey All,

I got my HV801 atty in the mail today, tried it on the Xhaler with two freshly charged 3v batts and am getting NOTHING...like, no vapor, no sound...not even a small crackle or peep. My other 801s and 901s cook up fine, so either this one is DOA or I'm doing something wrong. Help! I was so looking forward to trying my 555 with this thing!

eclypse

Moved On
Sep 9, 2009
Macomb MI
Hey All,

I got my HV801 atty in the mail today, tried it on the Xhaler with two freshly charged 3v batts and am getting NOTHING...like, no vapor, no sound...not even a small crackle or peep. My other 801s and 901s cook up fine, so either this one is DOA or I'm doing something wrong. Help! I was so looking forward to trying my 555 with this thing!

If you have a multimeter you can test the atty to see if its good or not... but sounds like a DOA.

crashtestjeep

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2009
Wilmington, NC
www.myspace.com
5v prob wont give ya much...they are really designed for 7.4v (2 cr123a's 3.7v each). I break em in at 7.4v and after a few days theyre good to go at 6v also...otherwise at 6v its like 3.7v vaping....and ur right, They are HV attys, meaning designed for HV's like 7.4v and even 6v after a good break in. anything under 6v prob wont even vape. Hope this helps and dont give up on them yet bc they actually work GREAT for HV!!!

WingIt

ECF Veteran
Nov 29, 2009
California
OK I decided to give this a second chance going by what crashtestjeep said and I have been hitting it hard a 6v on fresh batteries and it does seem to be working pretty good now. I don't have the 3.7v batteries so 6v is my highest, but I'm going to keep playing with it because it does kind of seem like that atty is coming around now.

eclypse

Moved On
Sep 9, 2009
Macomb MI
OK I decided to give this a second chance going by what crashtestjeep said and I have been hitting it hard a 6v on fresh batteries and it does seem to be working pretty good now. I don't have the 3.7v batteries so 6v is my highest, but I'm going to keep playing with it because it does kind of seem like that atty is coming around now.

If using that HV 510 atty gives me a load voltage of anywhere from 3.8v-4.5v i'll be sold! hehe. I think 5v is too much with a normal atty. If i can get around 4 volts i could easily continue to use my cart and still get a great hit and flavor.

crashtestjeep

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2009
Wilmington, NC
www.myspace.com
:)Glad u got it workin better, if u feel froggy, order up some 3.7v batts and give it a whirl....the smoothest HV vape EVER!!!!:w00t:

SurvivorMcGyver

Ol' Timer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
:)Glad u got it workin better, if u feel froggy, order up some 3.7v batts and give it a whirl....the smoothest HV vape EVER!!!!:w00t:

I noticed the HV 510 atomizers for the first time the last time I order....of those that have tried them with a normal 510 set-up..what is your opinion?

thanks!

What she said.... :cool:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread