Hit it or Quit it - Peanut Butter Cookie (PBC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ms.Cruzer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2010
Woodland Park, CO
I love PBC, all PBC but I have a question I don't think I've ever seen an answer to although I may have missed it somewhere. Why did the formula change from v1 to v2?

Having had them both and seeing how fast v1 disappears, I'm wondering who messed with perfection? Is an ingredient no longer available or something? I like v2 also but v1 is really smooth.

So, when it comes back, which recipe will it be? I know some of the Union members must have the answers. :D

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
www.nicoticket.com
I love PBC, all PBC but I have a question I don't think I've ever seen an answer to although I may have missed it somewhere. Why did the formula change from v1 to v2?

Having had them both and seeing how fast v1 disappears, I'm wondering who messed with perfection? Is an ingredient no longer available or something? I like v2 also but v1 is really smooth.

So, when it comes back, which recipe will it be? I know some of the Union members must have the answers. :D

PBC v1 was a deep deep steep... V2 is much better fresh, more cookie'ish,... V2 for the win

Sent from my Verizon SM-N910v Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk 4 Pro

brookj1986

Super Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2013
Chicago, IL
Clark, I must respectfully disagree. V1, especially fresh, was unlike anything I've ever vaped. It has this fresh roasted peanut taste that I've been chasing. Every time I refill my pbc, I hope for this flavor to re-emerge. Don't get me wrong v2 is well balanced. V1 took sometime to have the cookie brought out more. But, imho, fresh v1 > deep steep v1 > v2.

That said, I have 200 ml of deep steep v1 which is one of my favorites still, despite it not being the roasted peanuts flavor that inspired my purchase of hundreds of mls of pbc.

That's just my opinion. That said, when will cheesecake be back. I'm on my last 30 mls and I'm in dire need of more. It's become my adv and nothing has unseated it from my primary at work reo.

Ms.Cruzer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2010
Woodland Park, CO
Is there a salty element in v1 also? I never had the opportunity to try v1 FOOB but v2 was good.

Brook, I don't know how much Cheesecake I have but quite a bit I think. Is it coming back for sure? Can't find the list. Clark, if you see this, any chance of making your announcement thread a stickie?

Anyway, if you decide you want to trade a bottle of that v1 for CC, let me know and I'll see what I have.

Nanny22

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2014
Michigan
Pardon the interruption -- wondering if anyone has heard from brother MotaBrownie? I think of him almost every time I look at my avi, since he helped with the Union design. I sent him a PM and told him to PHONE HOME! We miss you, Mota! :wub:

On topic -- Version 1 PBC rocked! I'm good with Version 2 if that's our only choice! Truth - I mix 'em often.:) Either one is better than anything else out there!

Last edited:

motabrownie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2014
Lawrence, KS
Pardon the interruption -- wondering if anyone has heard from brother MotaBrownie? I think of him almost every time I look at my avi, since he helped with the Union design. I sent him a PM and told him to PHONE HOME! We miss you, Mota! :wub:

On topic -- Version 1 PBC rocked! I'm good with Version 2 if that's our only choice! Truth - I mix 'em often.:) Either one is better than anything else out there!

Im here! Alive and well. Just been too busy for my own good. Havent even had time to lurk :(. Should have more free time in the coming months though. Did I miss anything?

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
www.nicoticket.com
Is there a salty element in v1 also? I never had the opportunity to try v1 FOOB but v2 was good.

Brook, I don't know how much Cheesecake I have but quite a bit I think. Is it coming back for sure? Can't find the list. Clark, if you see this, any chance of making your announcement thread a stickie?

Anyway, if you decide you want to trade a bottle of that v1 for CC, let me know and I'll see what I have.

NY, NY is on the short-list... working with our partner to get the short-runs moving asap!

LynnNC

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
NC
NY, NY is on the short-list... working with our partner to get the short-runs moving asap!

NY NY Cheescake is one of the juices that I want to try. When it was on the website it was in only 18 mg and NZ and even by mixing the 2 to make 9, I can only vape 9mg for a short period of time before my heart starts racing and I start buzzing. I hope it makes a return.

Tarja

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2014
Paicines, CA
I'm not sure if it's just me, but....v 2.0 of PBC just doesn't give me the jiggities like v 1.0 did.

Steep time: 4 months (I think it's 4, not 2)
6mg
.8 ohms, REO grand w/reomizer
V1 had that surprisingly nutty taste which blew my mind when paired with CLS. Even a few drops would just take the taste to a whole new level. Sadly, I only bought 1 15ml of v1...but I did buy 2 50 of v2.0. It's nice, but it doesn't give me the same sense of "OH MOTHER OF NUTTERBUTTERS, HOLD ME".

I'm not saying it's bad, I enjoy it but it's not the same. It's more peanut butter than cookie as others have said, and not nearly as nut-tastic

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
I'm not sure which version of PBC I have, I bought it in October. I loaded some of it up today and am getting plenty of peanut but not much cookie and I'm wondering what the PBC veterans would suggest as far as build goes to bring out more of the cookie. Right now I'm using an Odin RDA with dual coils metering out at .53 on my Reo. Any suggestions would be mucho appreciated!

danibanani

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2014
Ohio
I'm not sure which version of PBC I have, I bought it in October. I loaded some of it up today and am getting plenty of peanut but not much cookie and I'm wondering what the PBC veterans would suggest as far as build goes to bring out more of the cookie. Right now I'm using an Odin RDA with dual coils metering out at .53 on my Reo. Any suggestions would be mucho appreciated!

Penny, I'd like to know as well. I bought a lot of PBC on PP and I'm just getting an organic peanut butter flavor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread