RDA Hobo Rda

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwhitt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2013
Houston
On my Marquis I run a twisted 30 gauge nickel\Kanthal coil and it's extremely east to wick. Found a lot of info on the mixed Wire coil under the "official DNA40 introduction" thread.

But I also ran a dual 30 gauge Twisted Nickel wire using the supplied coil build posts. It works, but you can't shove a lot of cotton thru the coil. I respaed the coil wraps after wicking and juicing. the picture is of the full nickel build.

Attachments

• mar1.jpg
    mar1.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 285

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
I've got my eyes on the new PRAXIS DERRINGER yet still LOVE my HOBO 2.1. Is there a way to shorten the hobo? I could've sworn I seen a few Hobo's on IG with really short top caps.
Not that ive seen or know of. Id be interested in that as well! I got the derringer myself and love it, between the hobo and the derringer they are my too favorite attys.

Treeburner1983

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Just picked up a Hobo v2 at the local B&M yesterday, and did my first vertical build, dual 26g at 0.4ohm total. When wicking dual vertical coils in the Hobo can I run a single wick up over the posts and down through both coils to catch liquid when dripping down the top? Haven't gotten to try it yet, need to mix something lower nic than 12mg.

Thanks,
Treeburner

SonHouse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2013
Seminole
Just picked up a Hobo v2 at the local B&M yesterday, and did my first vertical build, dual 26g at 0.4ohm total. When wicking dual vertical coils in the Hobo can I run a single wick up over the posts and down through both coils to catch liquid when dripping down the top? Haven't gotten to try it yet, need to mix something lower nic than 12mg.

Thanks,
Treeburner

Sure, I can't see why that'd be a problem.

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ

Thanks,
Treeburner
I agree with son, you can do that. Actually ive seen people do it like that before.

Cob24

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
A place some call paradise
I've sold my hobo recently. But before I did I finally found a build that worked for me. Sonhouse recommended dual 28 ga coils at .8 ish. I wound up at .7something. But I turned up the voltage to get te wattage I wanted.
Before the horizontal build that was recommended to me I was running it with vertical coils and it was ok. But on a vv mod the hobo shines using thinner wire. Awesome flavor. It's just a pita to build on.

The future is bleak...

Treeburner1983

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I tried the wick over the posts but my drip tip is too long and ended up sitting flush against the cotton, causing me to get almost no airflow through the tip and sucking the juice from the cotton. I pulled the tip out then slid it back in as little as I could and it works now, but I think in the future I'll use two separate wicks. Time for a new drip tip me thinks.

-Treeburner

Last edited:

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
I tried the wick over the posts but my drip tip is too long and ended up sitting flush against the cotton, causing me to get almost no airflow through the tip and suckling the juice from the cotton. I pulled the tip out then slid it back in as little as I could and it works now, but I think in the future I'll use two separate wicks. Time for a new drip tip me thinks.

-Treeburner
Yeah i also had that problem, except mine melted my drip tip lol leason learned. I wasnt aware with these small attys how close the drip tip actually is to everything getting hot on the inside. I find the drip tips that Hoberto sells for this exact atty are perfect, but thats just me and im sure there are others that work just as well but this is just what i have and what im working with. Mostly JMK tips and the hobo tip and the derringer tips, which are all wide bore and short.

hydroslush

Jul 28, 2014
Hawaii
After several frustrating horizontal coil builds due to the deck size. I had trouble getting the vapor I wanted and ended up flooding it every single time. I decided to try the vertical build and wow it's like night and day. I was a little worried about the wicking, but it's wicking just as good as the marquis.

Anyone who hasn't tried a vertical build with this guy, I think it makes a huge difference.

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
I know what you mean, when i got my 1st hobo a while back i was literally taken back with how small the grub screws were and the little spaghetti stick of an allen key lol. I had BEYOND a hard time building it, they kept stripping before i could even tighten down the coil leads. But what i didnt know was that my posts werent drilled the best, that was my problem. I can see how some people see the hobo as a problem, but after the first couple times it gets better. And now i own 3 lol the hobo is really all i use anymore, that and my derringer. Two of my favorites right now.

Chelonian

ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
Upper East TN
I ended up getting a small star bit setup - one of those things that look like a swiss army knife.
Wont lose that anytime soon

I suppose that since I built my Little Boy quite a few times before I got my Hobo, I ha an edge.
I didnt even attempt to mount the coils below the juice well walls.
The way I do it, the legs o the coil pull down on the bit, and hold it perfectly in place

Redacted

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread