Status
Not open for further replies.

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    I have one of these and an Aspire 26650 battery coming tomorrow but I just realized my charger doesn't do 26650's :( I prefer charging out of my mods but has anyone had any problems charging the battery via USB? Is it even possible or is the USB for updates only?

I always charged mine via usb, and not blown up yet ;)

Reactions: Beamslider

Beamslider

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 29, 2017
    San Francisco
    I have one of these and an Aspire 26650 battery coming tomorrow but I just realized my charger doesn't do 26650's :( I prefer charging out of my mods but has anyone had any problems charging the battery via USB? Is it even possible or is the USB for updates only?
    I have charged the battery in the mod a couple times. It works fine and didn't get warm or hot. The LE version is very fast charge in the mod. 2A I think. The SE charges slower 1A I think

Beamslider

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 29, 2017
    San Francisco
    Been using the black se edition slice for about 3 1/2 weeks with a kanger toptank with SS .45 coil now. Ran probably around 60 ml thru the tank. I don't use it exclusively as I have 4 mods with different flavors I run thru during a day.

I still see it as working as well with SS as DNA does. I used it the first week in SS mode and it was good. I then switched it over to XXX and FSK to try out. As good, probably better in this mode. Takes some messing with to get it set up right in XXX FSK but it has been consistent for 3 weeks of use. The only real difference, in SS mode I ran it around 420 degrees but in FSK I am running it around 480 to get what seems to be about the same temp. Not that I care and messing more with FSK % might get it to work with same temp on screen.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 20, 2017
    Boston
    Been using the black se edition slice for about 3 1/2 weeks with a kanger toptank with SS .45 coil now. Ran probably around 60 ml thru the tank. I don't use it exclusively as I have 4 mods with different flavors I run thru during a day.

I still see it as working as well with SS as DNA does. I used it the first week in SS mode and it was good. I then switched it over to XXX and FSK to try out. As good, probably better in this mode. Takes some messing with to get it set up right in XXX FSK but it has been consistent for 3 weeks of use. The only real difference, in SS mode I ran it around 420 degrees but in FSK I am running it around 480 to get what seems to be about the same temp. Not that I care and messing more with FSK % might get it to work with same temp on screen.

I’ve only used it in Wattage and TC mode. I’ll have to play with it more. It needs some loving anyways lol!

52anddone

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    That's all I use mine in, xxx/FSK mode with Kanthal/NiCr (the only time I go TC/TL with any of my Devices). I've got (4) G2's and (3) Slice's right now, but sometimes feel like I should get a few more, as I like them that much. They are "entailed" to get to work right with Kanthal/NiCr in xxx/FSK mode the first few times, but, once you have it and use it that way for a bit it seems like child's play very quickly, at least for me it does. That's all I use is xxx/FSK mode with the HohmTech Devices, and Power mode with all my other Devices.

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 24, 2013
    Hollywood (Beach), FL
    That's all I use mine in, xxx/FSK mode with Kanthal/NiCr (the only time I go TC/TL with any of my Devices). I've got (4) G2's and (3) Slice's right now, but sometimes feel like I should get a few more, as I like them that much. They are "entailed" to get to work right with Kanthal/NiCr in xxx/FSK mode the first few times, but, once you have it and use it that way for a bit it seems like child's play very quickly, at least for me it does. That's all I use is xxx/FSK mode with the HohmTech Devices, and Power mode with all my other Devices.

Ain't that the truth. :D

Might as well enjoy it while we can huh?
    Don't let the door shut ahead of ya 52.
    In a world of translucent legitimacy,
    some just hail what solidly works.

Good luck. :)

52anddone

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    I think the most I ever smoked was about a pack and ½ of Camel's per day, then the same with Chesterfield's at several points in my life, then went on to Cigar's. Must be genetics for the reason I have not had any problems, I know my Mom smoked between 4-5 carton's of Parliment's per month and went on to live till 70. Some folks only live to in their 50's after about 20 or so years of smoking. Tobacco effects some folks more harshly than others, but I'm glad I finally quit after 52 years of constantly bombarding my body with all those toxin's and carcinogens the Tobacco Companies injected into their products. To this day, I don't understand how those folks can look themselves in the mirror, knowing that they are directly responsible for so many deaths and agony and pain they put others thru. It takes a special type of person to do that I guess. Sorry for the rant.:(

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 24, 2013
    Hollywood (Beach), FL
    I think the most I ever smoked was about a pack and ½ of Camel's per day, then the same with Chesterfield's at several points in my life, then went on to Cigar's. Must be genetics for the reason I have not had any problems, I know my Mom smoked between 4-5 carton's of Parliment's per month and went on to live till 70. Some folks only live to in their 50's after about 20 or so years of smoking. Tobacco effects some folks more harshly than others, but I'm glad I finally quit after 52 years of constantly bombarding my body with all those toxin's and carcinogens the Tobacco Companies injected into their products. To this day, I don't understand how those folks can look themselves in the mirror, knowing that they are directly responsible for so many deaths and agony and pain they put others thru. It takes a special type of person to do that I guess. Sorry for the rant.:(

You got me beat by 5 years. But I was smoking regularly in my teens back in the day when it seemed most adults smoked and it was the most natural thing in the world to do. Then came 1965, the FDA and things turned quite unnatural. So yes, it takes a special type of person to knowingly cause harm to another.

That we have such people and so many of them caring for us in our government says a lot about our apathy these days as a culture. But for vapers with what we know now and what the future possibly portends, it's inexcusable.

There ought to be millions of us actively pursuing every opportunity to make sure such continued abuse of a subset of our society does not succeed.

Good luck all. :)

Beamslider

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 29, 2017
    San Francisco
    • Disagree
    Reactions: 52anddone

Beamslider

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 29, 2017
    San Francisco
    The Homhtech Slice LE I got has started acting weird.

It works fine for several hours. Then it starts shutting down after one puff on it. Turn it back on and it shuts down again immediately. Let it sit for a few hours and turn it on and it works fine for a few hours. Then back to shutdown.

I thought it might be the battery but does the same thing with any battery. I thought it might be the tank but does the same thing with any tank.

The battery, tank nor the atomizer get hot or even warm so it isn't heat.

I would reflash the firmware to the older version but Hohmtech seems to have taken down the firmware they had for download.

Any ideas or has it just gone bad?

• Informative

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 24, 2013
    Hollywood (Beach), FL
    The Homhtech Slice LE I got has started acting weird.

It works fine for several hours. Then it starts shutting down after one puff on it. Turn it back on and it shuts down again immediately. Let it sit for a few hours and turn it on and it works fine for a few hours. Then back to shutdown.

I thought it might be the battery but does the same thing with any battery. I thought it might be the tank but does the same thing with any tank.

The battery, tank nor the atomizer get hot or even warm so it isn't heat.

I would reflash the firmware to the older version but Hohmtech seems to have taken down the firmware they had for download.

Any ideas or has it just gone bad?

That's too bad Beam. Sounds like a board connect issue if you're getting occasional sound operation for a spell. But I've had atty's that didn't play nice with the LE's pin. Also the LE not recog new dev's which led to sketchy results (unless you force clear by pressing fire button, "CONNECT ATOMIZER". But I've not had one yet just shutdown. I'd be tempted to pull the board out and take a peek. Bummed too I got one recently that started to chip immed.

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 24, 2013
    Hollywood (Beach), FL
    Chip immed?

Ehhh, flaked. And badly. Unlike prev units seems it just comes up primer and all. Just that much easier to clear off I guess. Was just hoping one would hold up as well as the first couple I got. So I was babying this one. Wasn't havin it.

Anyone ever find a skin with the approx color or more importantly resembling the smooth matte satin finish? That might be interesting.

The only matte pattern I liked.

Reactions: SLM

Beamslider

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 29, 2017
    San Francisco
    Nothing to lose so I will take it apart when I have time and see if there is an obvious problem inside. The 510 is ok as it still easily pushes down and comes back up when pressure is let off it. But it seems to me to be more of some kind of software issue rather than hardware.

I reflashed the latest software and still the same thing.

Let it set off for 30 minutes or so and turn on. It works fine for about an hour or two. Then shuts down. Turn it back on and it works for about 5 puffs then shuts down with the Insane vape screen like when you turn it off. Turn it back on and it will do the same thing again. 4 or 5 puffs and shutdown. It is like it thinks the board is hot or something like that. It is not even warm nor is the battery, the tank or the device.

I tried several different tanks, the same thing happens. Several different batteries (known good) and the same thing. It worked great for month before starting this

Reactions: MacTechVpr
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread