Status
Not open for further replies.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
I tried it for a week with a Kanthal coil. It definitely works to limit the temperature. I prefer SS though and it works every bit as well with SS as the dna mods I use. So it does actually work with Kanthal, I just don't care for Kanthal as I prefer the taste on SS

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
709180EA-028C-455B-8141-0D75DD7E078A.jpeg
I like it! I’m using SS and it’s very nice although maybe a bit slow to hit unless I’m doing something incorrectly.

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
I thought it was able to TC kanthal although I must admit I’ve been wondering how they can do it on a $24 mod and no one else does :?:

It began with the Ni then Ti push to gaslight dry-burning, Kanthal, Nextel and most everything else that didn't quite measure up to working well with TC, or that might just work well on its own. Certainly Hohmtech. Or my own introduction of the tensioned microcoil, an infallible temp control methodology that's also a safety feature (requires knowledge). It doesn't take much to drive folks off. The paint on the slice didn't help. Few in the enthusiast majority follow the discussion to a logical conclusion IMO.

And then there's us! Getting a great mod for…
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

Good luck. :)

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Agreed. That Slice started out at $69.95 I think, and the G2 (dual 18650) started at $149.95, I think. I guess the G2's must be all sold out. Glad I have (4) of them myself, and (3) Slice.

You sure make pretty coils Mac, and that's a nice looking setup you have there Sara.

Your right Mac, "and then there's us". We must be the weirdo's sitting over here on the fringe, doing everything Wrong.:laugh: :lol:

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
Agreed. That Slice started out at $69.95 I think, and the G2 (dual 18650) started at $149.95, I think. I guess the G2's must be all sold out. Glad I have (4) of them myself, and (3) Slice.

You sure make pretty coils Mac, and that's a nice looking setup you have there Sara.

Your right Mac, "and then there's us". We must be the weirdo's sitting over here on the fringe, doing everything Wrong.:laugh: :lol:

Well thanks for that but in all honesty, it's the method. I'm not that consistent of a builder. If I didn't apply the forces of leverage I'd be a mess. If I can do it…applies. But thanks for the thought. I do believe the builds I've introduced act as multipliers for the effect tho making the best of the thermal symmetry that's possible with Kanthal.

If it weren't for the distortions of this product market and politics involved, gov and biz, there'd be an ... for every seat. Sad really that it's worked to the advantage of a few rather than the many. But at least we, the patient, are getting some crumbs in reward here at least for our patience.

Have a great week all and hopefully warmer.

Last edited:

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
Do you need any special equip. to do tentioned micro coils like you do Mac ??

Edit; I'm reading your link now, or trying to, since on some of your links I get a ERROR 404 message.

Nopes, just a pin vise as a chuck for a standard drill bit say. It's not any harder in fact easier than a hand wind (and tryin to keep it straight) or a coiler which really doesn't adequately constrain the wind Ø. And no foolin, there are thousands who know this, Kanthal's meant to be oxidized. So then, one that's had enough energy input to form it (you know how durable a spring is) can last at Ø for a very, very long time. That means more consistent performance. All metals deform with time and energy application. Oxidation in tightest contact inhibits this.

IMG_2089a.jpg

Above a 7/64"Ø vertical K24x2 7/7 2.778mmØ=0.3137Ω 13.4A|56.2W for the 454. A common build I do for the Slice. Most attest it does 55-60W production at 45W/pwr. I skewed this particular one [top-turn opposite] adjusting the vert orientation slightly after burn-in. Something I try not to do but hey, it happens. This one's a common example of the uniformity of oxidation that can be developed with very few low power inputs. And…you don't lose all the rigidity doing it! That's the important part which makes for the longevity and durability (res to deform) of strain winding.

Yep, def something you wanna have in the repertoire. But for a consistent media like Nextel or if you can precisely duplicate the density of cotton or rayon, it's magic. Then you can focus on the important stuff like what your atty and juice really need in terms of power and juice/air flow. You get to figure that out pretty quick with a predictable temp source.

That is primarily my interest in the Slice. The ability to make the best use of all these…Nextel, TC and strain.

I can do one of these for a new vaper and know that with a few simple periodic dry burns and VG priming they will not have to fiddle with it for many months. And the vape will remain consistently accurate and unadulterated for flavor, particularly if RxW is used.

Give it a try and you might be surprised.

p.s. BTW, that is real blood on the napkin. LOL I get rambunctious.

Last edited:

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Yes, you can, I have done it with no ill effects right after I got each of mine (just to see if it worked and not caused any problems that I would have to return it before the warranty ran out). It's the Wrecher G2 that the USB is for Updates only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread