The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

HohmTech Slice

Discussion in 'Temperature Control' started by 52anddone, Jan 4, 2018.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. 52anddone

52anddone Vaping Master ECF Veteran

"Fad" should have been "Fade" :lol::lol:. Sorry for the english composition error, I just woke up.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  2. Sugar_and_Spice

Sugar_and_Spice ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    Also wanted to mention that since that time I opened up a new account with Bank of America. They have(with their cc online) a program called Safe Shop where you can create a temp cc number and the amount you want to spend for one transaction. Then that is the number you use when shopping with anyone one online. On a vendor site you just go thru the checkout process and when it comes time to fill in the cc info is when I go and create that temp number at BOA cause then I have the total amount of money I need to place on the temp card. Its great and no one ever sees you real cc number.

The cc that got compromised twice was a Visa so this time I went with Mastercard at BOA. I have heard it was the Visa transaction places is what has been hacked. So far with Mastercard(using other places not online) I have never had a problem.

:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. 52anddone

I don't doubt your word Dubminer, not in the least. I'm just really sorry to hear of that happening to you, and VaporCube looks suspect.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dubminer

Dubminer Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 10, 2016
    Yes i have spoke with both credit card companies and they have cancelled them and are sending replacements out. The other weird thing is i keep getting emails from Lyft with recipes for rides all over NYC,it gives the last 4 digits of a visa number. My cards do not have these last 4 digits and i have never used LYFT in my life.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  5. 52anddone

Just advertisements I would think, I also get them quite often.

EDIT: After reading posts after this one, seems that they mat not be.:(

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. mackman

mackman Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2013
    NorCal
    Citibank too...virtual account number. After too many online hacks it is all I use

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Beamslider

Beamslider Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 29, 2017
    San Francisco
    Yes I have used the BOA safeshop in the past. You can get a number good for a year from what I remember and set limits on it.

Discover used to have one where you could get a one use number for a purchase online. But they discontinued it.

• Useful Useful x 2
  8. MacTechVpr

MacTechVpr Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Aug 24, 2013
    Hollywood (Beach), FL
    Agree with sugar, don't just black or cap…cancel card asap!

Was an internet seller and shopper from its inception. Have seen nothing like this past year for c/c fraud. Ironically, since the advent of chip cards.

Good luck. :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. Dubminer

Apr 10, 2016
    Yes cards are cancelled,had to call equifax and block credit for 90 days.I am still getting many emails saying i am ordering LYFT rides all over NYC even though i do not own a CC with the number it gives. Contacted visa about the card i do not own,they said identity fraud and contact police and get a report. Visa also said get the bank being used from Equifax and call them back so they can cancel the card i do not own. Equifax say they can not get that information. I feel like i am getting the run around big time. Also another charge was just approved for $ 550 on my visa, the one that was originally compromised.Visa says once it goes through they will reimburse me. Lot of hassle for a $24 mod! LOL.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  10. Sugar_and_Spice

Supporting member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    Maybe they could give you the first 4 numbers of that card. I think it ids which bank its from. at least to the Visa people. I found that out when mine were compromised. Little known info afaik.

• Useful Useful x 2
  11. 52anddone

Identity fraud, I so hope you are not a victim of that. So the first 4 of the card I.D.'s the bank Sugar ?? I never thought of that, nor even heard of that before. That's some darn good info there, Thanks for that.

This is the worst case of CC fraud I have seen posted on this forum since I have been here. I really hope you can get things sorted out soon Dubminer. I agree, all this for a lousy little $24 device.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  12. Dubminer

Apr 10, 2016
    She just said “ I do not have access to that information”. The thing that gets me is how can somebody with just my Cc info open another visa account and 4 days later. Be spending it in NYC? I never gave my SS number. The largest charges are all from California. There has also been some in Europe that did not go through what ever that means.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Sugar_and_Spice

Supporting member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    I haven't heard of any others this bad either 52. As far as the 1st 4 #'s that is what I was told by the bank that issued the Visa. I had not ever heard of that either before that.

@Dubminer
    Good going on contacting Equifax. It is scary out there these days. What I would like to know is why aren't these companies that issue these cc checking photo id's? It seems these companies are just a little too eager to drum up business and have become lax in checking if people are who they say they are. It used to be(years ago) it took a few days to get an answer on whether they would give you credit. These days they do it in seconds. With the exception of the BOA account I opened up after my hack(which I did in person), I have had the same cc for years and years. Yes, I have a few that I don't even really use anymore, but these days, I don't think I would ever use an online application to obtain one. Just too easy for some thief to get their hands on peoples info. Good luck and I sincerely hope this mess is cleared up quickly and they don't do any more harm. I know there is another reporting agency out there beside Equifax but can't remember the name atm...contact them also. Cover your .... and join Credit Karma(it really is free) so you can monitor any activity in your name and ssn yourself. I think you can call them to set up an account unless you feel comfortable doing it online. AT least they used to.

:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Dubminer

Apr 10, 2016
    Thank you for the support. Yes i have contact with all three. Equifax, Experion and Trans union. This is so new to me. Will call in at the police station tomorrow.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Sugar_and_Spice

Supporting member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    With mine some dude in California goes to a contractor to paint his house in California and all he gave them was the cc number. They did not check anything and I got an email saying thank you for allowing them to paint my house in CA to the tune of $4000.00 I emailed back that saying it was fraud and I was on the east coast and didn't even own a house in CA. Then kinda gave them hell for not even checking out the id's. Needless to say that sale never went through to completion. LOL

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Dubminer

Apr 10, 2016
    I am kind of pissed, especially all this for a $24 purchase that was for my wife. Also my first ever Vaporcube purchase, i am not blaming them. They could of been hacked, a rogue employee, who knows who is to blame, if it was even them. I guess it does not matter, i got done.

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 1
  17. Sugar_and_Spice

Supporting member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    I don't blame you one bit. I was super pissed off myself when it happened to me. I really do think it is the visa processing place that vapercube used to process the transaction that got hacked. If you are a hacker its much better to hack one place that process hundreds of transactions than one or two lone companies. While the thieves may not get everyones info they do get several that have weak encryptions in their software(like vaporcube for example). Have you let vaporcube know that your card was compromised? If nothing else or even if they are jerks, then they will know they have to do something to ensure their customers a safe transaction as possible OR they will lose their business. Word travels fast especially when it comes to our money.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. Sugar_and_Spice

Supporting member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    OFF topic

When I was typing my last post....all of a sudden the fonts got smaller. They are messing with the views again. I know ecf is working on new ones.....but leave the old ones alone......dagnabit.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Beamslider

Beamslider Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 29, 2017
    San Francisco
    With the name and address, for a few bucks you can get the SS number and most any info on the net.

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. Dubminer

Apr 10, 2016
    No i have not contacted Vaporcube, maybe i should but whatever they say will be too little too late. I guess the law of averages finally got me, probably several hundred online transactions before this happened to me.

• Agree Agree x 3