Homeland Security Busting Nicotine Vendors????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoneface

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
New York
So if we want to know more about this issue, is the show worth listening to?
Ummmm yes and no. No new facts were proven. Russ, the host does believe RTS was visited by HS after speaking directly to Randy (so those in doubt might still doubt it, but the host believes him and thinks he has good reason to believe him). The host also has 2 pages of notes taken from the conversation that he will not reveal. The rest of it is nothing that hasn't been hashed on the threads, IMO.

casey8579

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2009
Near Wilmington NC
Ummmm yes and no. No new facts were proven. Russ, the host does believe RTS was visited by HS after speaking directly to Randy (so those in doubt might still doubt it, but the host believes him and thinks he has good reason to believe him). The host also has 2 pages of notes taken from the conversation that he will not reveal. The rest of it is nothing that hasn't been hashed on the threads, IMO.

Thats's true, nothing was proven, but 1 bit of info I had not beeen aware of before came out. If you start listening at about 1:20:15, Russ, the host, states RTS (Randy) tells him that he did do something wrong that could result in a DHS visit.

Having been a sometimes customer of his and having followed his thread from the beginning I can see this as being the case.

I don't think it's a case of cracking down on nic vendors in general (as this thread title suggests) but that RTS did something to draw the attention to themselves.

Stoneface

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
New York
Thats's true, nothing was proven, but 1 bit of info I had not beeen aware of before came out. If you start listening at about 1:20:15, Russ, the host, states RTS (Randy) tells him that he did do something wrong that could result in a DHS visit.

Having been a sometimes customer of his and having followed his thread from the beginning I can see this as being the case.

I don't think it's a case of cracking down on nic vendors in general (as this thread title suggests) but that RTS did something to draw the attention to themselves.
I missed that...I will have to go back and listen to it again soon. Thanks for pointing that out, was that a quick mention? I think if Russ had talked about it at length, I wouldn't have missed it (I hope :)).

6pointprime

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2010
NYC
Thats's true, nothing was proven

I want to make a quick point. If Randy had come on to talk, would anything be proven? No. It would be another person talking about this with an opinion. Maybe facts, maybe not. Once you're talking about court documents, pictures, testimony from DHS - then you are approaching facts, approaching proving something. Otherwise, it's just someone else talking.

The host also has 2 pages of notes taken from the conversation that he will not reveal.

I would be happy to reveal all of the information in those 2 pages of notes that I took! In fact, I really want to. However, I gave Randy my word that the details of our conversation would remain private. I'm keeping my word.

I called Randy before I aired the program to ask him if he would allow me to reveal that information. I left a message - he did not return my phone call.

Stoneface

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
New York
I want to make a quick point. If Randy had come on to talk, would anything be proven? No. It would be another person talking about this with an opinion. Maybe facts, maybe not. Once you're talking about court documents, pictures, testimony from DHS - then you are approaching facts, approaching proving something. Otherwise, it's just someone else talking.

I would be happy to reveal all of the information in those 2 pages of notes that I took! In fact, I really want to. However, I gave Randy my word that the details of our conversation would remain private. I'm keeping my word.

I called Randy before I aired the program to ask him if he would allow me to reveal that information. I left a message - he did not return my phone call.
Those are absolutely valid points. I didn't mean to insinuate that you wouldn't reveal the notes because you didn't want to, and I should've mentioned that you wanted to in my comments since you did say that you wanted to more than once in the podcast.

I think most of us on this thread are looking for some clarity in the situation, and so far we only have theory and conjecture instead of the whole story. Between the new laws in the UK and the upcoming FDA deeming regulations, I think some of us are really looking for some answers and predictability for our vaping future.

Last edited:

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO

I really appreciate your attention to this, even if there was nothing new revealed.
People need to ask questions, not always blindly accept a word. It matters more to me that someone asked a question than got an answer.

casey8579

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2009
Near Wilmington NC

Those are absolutely valid points. I didn't mean to insinuate that you wouldn't reveal the notes because you didn't want to, and I should've mentioned that you wanted to in my comments since you did say that you wanted to more than once in the podcast.

I think most of us on this thread are looking for some clarity in the situation, and so far we only have theory and conjecture instead of the whole story. Between the new laws in the UK and the upcoming FDA deeming regulations, I think some of us are really looking for some answers and predictability for our vaping future.

6pointprime,
Nor was I trying to insinuate anything.

When this situation began RTS was making statements that made it look like Big Government and/or Big Tobacco was trying to crack down on the little vaping companies without cause. I was making the point that based on a statement from your show that the problems may be self-inflicted instead and there is not some conspiracy against the vaping community going on.

kevbow

Unregistered Supplier
May 27, 2009
CT
teatimeliquid.com

I had this same opinion. Glad your opinion wasn't deleted, mine was.

Factor52

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 3, 2013
Connecticut
I wonder why?

Originally Posted by kevbow
My theory (actually someone else had this theory but I agree) is that he falsified his custom forms. For example, maybe said the shipment was cookies or just flavoring and it was really nicotine. If that was the case then DHS would pay him a visit because customs is a part of DHS.
I also don't believe that BT made an offer to buy RTS.
Just my two cents

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
I wonder why?

Originally Posted by kevbow

If there is any truth at all to that part of the specualtion, he is not the only vendor that does it. And that is a well known fact. Try ordering vaping supplies from overseas and see if it is declared as what it actually is. 9 times of 10, it will not be. This is common practice in order to get supplies through customs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread