Status
Not open for further replies.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
The saddle tap came in and I gave it a try...

Great 'How To'!
thumbsup.gif

I recently received a SST and am gonna drill a detent in the middle of the underside of the cradle for the bolt tip. That way it's 'automatically' centered/aligned.

asnider123

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2010
The Original ModFather, USA
The thread is probably slowing down because every new innovation somehow winds up being commercialized and someone you never heard of makes a buck on it. You might say that modders are the protypers for commercial products. It almost makes you want to NOT share your new developments. Example: the new Boge DC tank (I know a guy on the bleeding edge of this one), it's not so much fun developing and sharing something cool when a company takes your idea and sells it for 12 bucks. It's kinda disheartening.

Everything people post on the Internet is there forever and can be Googled.

It's one thing to make something cool for yourself and friends, it's something else entirely to see some vendor selling a product that you developed just for the fun of it.

Still, when you come up with something cool, it's just human nature to share it with others. I do it, I know you do too.

Well, that's my 2 cents anyway. OK, I'll shut up now. :)

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Some of the above thoughts have crossed my mind...

BUT, let's face it. How many of us are willing to take our 'innovations'/improvements to the retail level? There's a lot of time, effort, money and consumer issues to deal with. That's why I truly admire those in the vaping genre that garage develop/improve an idea and sacrifice their time, taking a chance, while still holding down a steady job and still providing for their families!

Yes, it can be irritating to see a 'simple' homemade improvement being incorporated commercially by others and advertised as the 'latest & greatest'. But if ya don't get into the 'game', whose fault is that?

What I REALLY like... how the price$ for carto tanks have plummeted within the past, what, three months? That's a huge plu$ for the vaping community and future vapers.

As for me, I'm just tickled when I can improve sumpin' and pass it on; kind of a thankful payback!

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Great 'How To'!
thumbsup.gif

I recently received a SST and am gonna drill a detent in the middle of the underside of the cradle for the bolt tip. That way it's 'automatically' centered/aligned.

Pardon my dumbness - what's an SST? :oops:If I knew that maybe I'd understand "...drilling a detent...".

asnider123

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2010
The Original ModFather, USA
Very true, Iffy, I really think that threads such as this, in which members have discussed their homebrew tank mods, has gotten the attention of the "big boys" and has really driven the price of tanks down. This is good for the end-user: a tank that used to cost 30 bucks is now down to 10. Unbelievable!!!

I am not griping about modders using each other's ideas to produce their own products, in fact I am not really complaining at all, it just seems that a lot of the R&D is done by groups like this, only to find that some manufacturer takes their product and mass-produces it. Just an observation really.

It's just that some of my modder friends are starting to re-think the whole idea of showing every detail of their innovative products on forums. If it's something good, some company somewhere will soon be marketing it.

So it's a double-edged sword, ingenuity drives improvement which leads to profit by a third party. So I will just sit and vape the weekend away with my Titanic Tank Mod while it's still unique. LOL

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
A question for "ricks".

I just got a couple DCT tanks on sale. I believe you cut one down w/ a pipe cutter to size for a standard carto length. Has that worked out OK for you? Any issues with the carto slipping without havin the end flange.

I'm liking the dual coil with some of my tobacco and coffee flavors - but no so much with minty fruit flavors - so I'm thinking about cutting down one of the DCT tanks to use with standard carto's.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
It works great, I love the Boges in it and it does not slide easy at all. I can pick up my Provari from the tank without it moving.
A question for "ricks".

I just got a couple DCT tanks on sale. I believe you cut one down w/ a pipe cutter to size for a standard carto length. Has that worked out OK for you? Any issues with the carto slipping without havin the end flange.

I'm liking the dual coil with some of my tobacco and coffee flavors - but no so much with minty fruit flavors - so I'm thinking about cutting down one of the DCT tanks to use with standard carto's.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast

poolslime

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Colorado
Black Friday deals hit perfectly with my need to restock on cartomizers, so I also figured I'd pick up some Boge 3.0's to give another go. I've been using two of them with two different juices for about a week now. I started immediately by creating slightly larger holes to compensate for the fact that the Boge's have more filler material than the Smoktech's, and so far, they've been performing great.

John Phoenix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2011
New Orleans
I broke down and made one - Thanks to Turkey Day !

I had two left over Tony Chacher's Turkey Injectors left over from Thanksgiving. I used a clear dual coil carto.

Picture of the syringe: http://www.scottrobertsweb.com/images/tony-chacheres-injectables-butter-and-jalapeno-marinade-2.jpg

( dont know if the pic works, if not click on it)

I filled up the inner carto first then added about 3 mls to the outer tube. All together I have used about 6 ML according to my JuiceMeUp calculator. ( thats the amount I mixed and I used all of it. ) It looks like full this thing will hold about 10 Ml's of juice.

This clear dual coil works good for my 5v Old Goat mod (after I shaved down the atty connector lip) but it gets too hot for my liking.. That's why I used the dual coil, I had it lying around because I wont use them anymore. It was the only carto I had. I prefer CE2's and want to make another one with a Bauway CE2 when I can order some.

This thing is HUGE and obnoxious looking on my 5v box mod.. to me anyway. My cut tube is just a lil over 2 inches long. I'm sure to get looks at Wal-Mart now. LOL

The Tony Chacher's Turkey Injector parts worked well but it's a lil flimsy putting it together and an Royal PITA getting it together just right. I had to use the syringe to fill like the guy in the video. However after it's all together it does not leak.

Last edited:

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Maybe you good name it the "Juice Gobbler". wink! wink!

I broke down and made one - Thanks to Turkey Day !

I had two left over Tony Chacher's Turkey Injectors left over from Thanksgiving. I used a clear dual coil carto.

Picture of the syringe: http://www.scottrobertsweb.com/images/tony-chacheres-injectables-butter-and-jalapeno-marinade-2.jpg

( dont know if the pic works, if not click on it)

I filled up the inner carto first then added about 3 mls to the outer tube. All together I have used about 6 ML according to my JuiceMeUp calculator. ( thats the amount I mixed and I used all of it. ) It looks like full this thing will hold about 10 Ml's of juice.

This clear dual coil works good for my 5v Old Goat mod (after I shaved down the atty connector lip) but it gets too hot for my liking.. That's why I used the dual coil, I had it lying around because I wont use them anymore. It was the only carto I had. I prefer CE2's and want to make another one with a Bauway CE2 when I can order some.

This thing is HUGE and obnoxious looking on mt 5v box mod.. to me anyway. I'm sure to get looks at Wal-Mart now. LOL

The Tony Chacher's Turkey Injector parts worked well but it's a lil flimsy putting it together and an Royal PITA getting it together just right. I had to use the syringe to fill like the guy in the video. However after it's all together it does not leak.

Skeeterkck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2011
U.S.A.
Hi there modders :) Well radiation is finally done as of this past Monday :) Just have to rest and get my strength back and energy :) I have missed you all :) Been trying to catch up on this thread and see what is going on here :)

I hope that every has a great Christmas :) All of you that are travelling to friends, to families or just staying home for the holidays, I pray God will keep you all safe and sound :)

Hugs,
Mele Kalikimaka to all,
Skeeterkck
:wub:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread