Hoogs turn to Rant

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoogie76

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2009
Charlotte, NC
Hey folks, We've got a terrific bunch of customers and we want to thank you all for helping us grow and be successful.

BUT
It's hoogie's turn to cry

After the bashing we've gotten in the last couple of weeks, privately and on the forums, I need to unload and this is not directed at anyone in particular.

1) We are not USPS :)
If we can't get your order shipped within at least 48 hours(not including weekends) we will notify you why and try to give you an idea when.

USPS has a cool tracking feature where you can *sometimes* track your package, it's frequently inaccurate. They also have a number to call if you have a complaint with the service you've received from them. If we've screwed up your order or mis-shipped then it's our problem that we need to resolve and you can yell at us and we like it but saying our service sucks because you ordered priority mail didn't get your package for 4 days is not always our problem. Do your homework and make sure that your yelping at the right place :)

2) We do not manufacturer products made in China :)
Believe me, we really hate returns, doa's and bad parts as much as you do. With this type of product, and really when you think of it, the relatively inexpensive pricing for the functionality it provides, there will be failures. It's unfortunate but my feeling is that everyone should know that a $30 e-cig kit won't last forever. Compared to the price of a pack of butts I'd still be way ahead if I had to buy 3 $30 kits a month but fortunately they do last longer than that, mostly :)

We'll always do our best to get the problem resolved if you've got a defective product that is still under warranty.

Saying a product is bad after using it for 2.5 months then saying our service is crap because it's out of warranty is really unfair. We have a 'Terms and Conditions' page which clearly states our warranty and return policy and I know you've all read that :)

3) THREATS do affect the quality of service you get but not always in the way you may want. We love our home here at ECF and the other forums we sponsor but if you've got a problem, making threats that you'll post all over about the bad service or bad products does not help resolve the issue. Providing details, being polite and following through if we drop the ball will usually get your problem resolved the quickest. We understand your frustration and we're really pretty thick skinned but everyone and their mother thinks that threatening to post on ECF is going to get them a free Cadillac and it's getting old. Please don't make threats. If you want to post bad or good reviews/comments please do so.. We read them and use the information to try and improve.

Sending us an email that says 'my battery is broke and needs to be replaced' is always going to get a response of we need more detail. Don't get mad if we ask you questions about what the symptoms are. It's okay to be mad if you got a bad product but remember we still need to work together to get the problem resolved. We are not going to just send parts.

4) 70% of our returns are functional products. Yes, 70% work just as expected when we get them back. We put them into our personal stash or give them away as testers or samples, we do not put returned items back into inventory unless they are a mis-ordered item like 100 battery boxes.

Impoper cleaning and not knowing how to use the products are the most common mistakes that are made that cause returns. Please call, email or post here if you have questions. There are so many people willing to help..

Atomizers are supposed to get hot and when cartridges run dry there will be less vapor..

COLOR=black]Please ask and don't assume the worst if you aren't sure.[/COLOR]

5) We have real procedures in place. We have clearly defined guidelines for returns and exchanges that we follow. Our unwritten rule is typically -- our mistake=our cost, as in the case of a doa, wrong or missing item. But if you've had a product for a couple of weeks and it's still under warranty, we're glad to replace the product but we really need the product back before shipping out a return. Less than 40% of the people send the bad item back after they've received their replacement. Some products we don't need back and we will just send you a replacement but that is always at our discretion and we will let you know if we don't want it back.

Starting off your RMA request with being nasty - 'I ordered priority and it took 4 days and you guys shouldn't offer that service if you can't provide it' without checking your facts or USPS tracking first, then stating that you have a bad adapter is always going to get you a standard Return/Exchange email. Sorry but we are here to provide excellent service but not be taken advantage of or be treated like dirt. You can do that with Amazon or Ebay but we're too personally involved not to get offended at times :(

6) Product announcements.. I've learned my lesson with this.. It's going to be item in hand before talking about it from now on.. So many vendors or contractors that promise the world then don't deliver..

7) We make mistakes :( But we're always working to improve. We currently have about a 2% error rate which equals about 14 screw-up’s a week. We really hate these as much as you do but please tell us if your order isn't correct and we'll get it fixed ASAP..

8) Our CRM/RMA system is lacking.. Sorry but we're working on improving this to be more responsive.. 3dCart(our cart provider) has an RMA system built in that works great but not for us.. If we we're selling widgets it'd be awesome. Get a widget, send a widget. But our products are sometimes complex and have multiple parts which 3dcart doesn't support it treats a bad atomizer from a kit as an entire kit so with us unable to use the built in CRM and RMA features we use a 2nd product, OsTicket, which is nice software but a very manual process.

End result.. Although I may seem like a mindless cog, I am :)

We really try hard to be a good company that provides a good product at good prices. I'm a stickler for customer satisfaction. I will give no less than I would expect to receive myself. It costs us plenty but it's why we're here and why we hope that you guys are happy with our company, products and service.

There are challenges everyday and deviating from our main objectives and goals because someone is yelping is not fair to the others that have placed orders or waited patiently for a problem to be resolved.

We will always work hard, even at our loss, to make sure that you are happy with the service and products you receive and I believe that we are quite flexible in our service.

Whew... Thanks for reading. If you've made it this far then I owe you a drink..

hoog

<--- hard to be serious with a clown avatar, huh?

Last edited:

BanjoMan

Pickin' Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2009
Greensboro, NC
I'll have a beer. You guys have Red Oak down there? :toast:

Seriously though, the name MadVapes is spread all over the ECF (and for good reason). That leads to a lot of word-of-mouth new customer onslaught. You are *the* go to guy for DIY parts and dealing with so many sku's has to be a major pain in the rear. Those two things alone would probably drive most men to have an unnatural fear of clowns and such. :p

You have a lot of happy and satisfied customers here. Don't let a few weiners get you down. We love you hoog. :wub:

Sci

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2009
Al
Shipping... Let me say something about that. Hoog, you & your team are excellent, hands down. The USPS... Ummmm, not so good sometimes. I tracked a shipment to the last stop before my local PO, then it suddenly went to the other side of the state for a visit. It then came back to the last stop before my PO & I got it the next day. I called the PO & they told me it did not go off visiting. I told them I was looking at the last scan on their system & was informed it did not go there. Guess I was hallucinating or something. Dang that high nic juice. I'd better stick with 11mg.:)

Anyway, I've never had anything but the best of service & product from you & I certainly appreciate it. Due to your modding section & always having the time to answer a dumb question, I've created some stuff that I'd never have dreamed of otherwise.

Thank you!

PS. Gray Goose, straight up with a water back.:)

Last edited:

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
I had a problem on a battery once that I never used but it was so old I said you don't need to replace it. But you did. I can't say nothing but good about you Hoog and when I read people bashing you I just ignore it. You always go above and beyond. Shipping with usps is like the lottery but I've never had a late shipment from you either.

pintail64

ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2010
Missouri
Hoog,
When people ask me about where to get vaping supplies, you are the first supplier I mention. Have I had problems, yes. Have you taken care of my problems, YES. I always see my packages submitted to USPS in a timely manner....what I don't see is the USPS doing their job efficiently...
You will remain my number one supplier and the first one I refer people too.

By the way, I will take a Bud Light.

bornagainst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
Toronto, Canada
www.villagermt.com
Hoog...couldn't put it better myself.

There's a reason why many long term members don't post or offer help anymore....as it seems fruitless...but we will ALWAYS get the back of a vendor who walks the walk, and, TALKS THE TALK.

Fact is, we never questioned dropping the bucks on cigarettes...but for some reason the e-cig movement has given many people a certain sense of entitlement which is frightening.

There's nothing wrong with wanting good value for your money, but 90 percent of ECF complaints are borderline insane. Fact is, if we live in a world where we need to remind people DAILY that you and other vendors have no control over the USPS...we need to check ourselves.

The customer is NOT always right, and I am sick of hearing it. Fact is, often, customers are idiots. And I have no problem outing them as such.

asdaq

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
poland, and the brassy lands of google
Hoog, as mindless cogs go, you are easily my favorite, and as for happy customers, I'm on your list. Customer service and shipping has always been excellent-- order wednesday night, there on Saturday without fail and that is to Seattle.
As to point 6, I'll back off and be patient now, but I do stalk the inventory updates with a fervor.

Oh and make mine vodka with fried apple :toast:

Bageone

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2010
Sacramento, CA
As to point 6, I'll back off and be patient now, but I do stalk the inventory updates with a fervor.

I love stalking inventory updates too!, I keep waiting for another from china to texas to china to wherever and back to china again. I know Hoog hated it but it was entertaining to watch for us inventory stalkers :)

rosesense

14 years and counting
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    Well, from one mindless cog to another...that explains why after being sent the wrong item, you immediately sent the correct one without waiting to see if I would return the item (I did). I have had excellent CS and recommend you all that time.

As for the talk about something before you have it, don't mind us...we just like to play and poke fun at you and each other. I like knowing a new PV or product is in the works but I can see where we drive you nuts asking "is it here yet?"

Yes, there will always be some folks looking for a free ride or being pains. In the past when I defended a supplier (like I am doing here), I have gotten blasted with ugly comments. I have a friend who adds his stuff to my orders but doesn't expect to pay any shipping charges and always tries to get me to knock off a few dollars. That is below my costs. I have come to realize it is just the personality, way this man is and not to take it seriously.

Keep doing what you do, all will be good.

sandyk

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 24, 2009
    Clarkston, Michigan
    Mark, your service is impeccable. I get the product very rapidly at my door 1st class. You have always answered any questions I have had honestly and politely. I thank you for providing good service and customer care.

You cannot please everyone all of time which goes for all walks of life...but I am well pleased. Keep up the good work.

Rambosmurf

ECF Veteran
    Feb 6, 2010
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Mark, you have a legion of supporters and are by far one of the best suppliers there is. Your shipping is second to none as is your support. There are people who will always complain even if you drove it to them in person. Same goes for breakage, usage, etc.
    You always stand behind your items.
    As far as us with the new mod, most of us were doing all those posts because we do like MadVapes so much and know how good your mods are. It was done by us more as a tease because we know how frustrated you were getting. We also know that some other supplier would have sent it out not caring about any future problems it might have and again, any other supplier we would have forgot about it a long time ago. But, we hang in there and tease you because we know when its done it will be worth the wait, shipped superfast to us and have great customer support behind it.
    Not a lot of companies left that will do that or that have the supporters that you do.

PS: Capt and Coke will be great, thank you

ab357

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 22, 2010
    Chgo., IL.
    Tell us how you feel Hoogie.;)

We're brats! Would you expect less? LOL There's a reason I insisted on you sending me business cards to pass out. You guys saved me from the Luci system! That piece of crap almost made me give up on vaping.

Almost forgot; I'll take whatever is the house's most expensive drink! LOL

Last edited:

skydragon

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 7, 2009
    Mountain Cave
    I will take a vodka and lemonade please. I'll give you a call from the local watering hole and you can give a cc number to the bartender.

Seriously though, to put it very simply you run a very good company Hoog. You can and should be proud of your accomplishment. I know I'm happy I found your business and it has always been a pleasure working with you.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread