Hoogs turn to Rant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Circumspice

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
God's Country
Hoog you've always provided value and service second to none. The only problem I've ever had was shipping, but that didn't come from your end. Gotta place blame where it belongs: USPS. Even so, I tracked and waited and eventually got my goodies! :w00t: You had even tucked in a few lil extras in my package to my surprize! I love surprizes! :shock: So don't let a few rotten apples spoil your day. I, for one, will continue to give you my business!

Oh, and by the way, I'll take a Margarita on the rocks. :party:

VaporChef

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2010
NYC, USA
Golly, I'm sorry you felt the need to post this, Hoog.

I've only ordered from MV once but I was totally delighted with the experience even though I was less than thrilled with one of the items I ordered. That was not your fault at all - it was mea culpa. I knew exactly what I was buying because of the detailed information on your website. I wish that other vendors were half as complete in their product descriptions! (I already have items in my shopping cart for next time.)

Electronics fail. Machines fail. Nothing is perfect, and wishing won't make it so. Why do some folks always need to blame someone else for the way the world is? They'll shoot any messenger they can find, regardless of actual responsibility. Sheesh.

The problem with people is that they're human. That doesn't make them right, especially when they won't make the effort to RTFM or ask questions and do due diligence before making assumptions and decisions, then they cry that they didn't get what they wanted. (Maybe that worked too well on their mommy, but you're not mommy, are you?) We've collectively been too spoiled by the immediacy of the internet and other forms of instant gratification that just don't happen in the physical world. You're not likely to change that, though, any more than you can do anything about the effectiveness of the USPS.

So, excellent rant to get it off your chest so you can continue to do the business that you seem to do very well. Very clear points, well said!

I'll take Bunnahabhain - neat, please, with spring water on the side...

Sardonic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
On the USPS tip.....they suck, and we know they suck. I'm waiting for an order from a vendor right now that has been at the location for 3 days and they keep telling me they don't know where it is, even though the tracking shows it at my local branch. Not the vendors fault, USPS' fault because they are a government establishment full of government employees.

Vendors......stop using USPS (yea i know, but man it would solve some headache)

CtryBoy

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Texas
That was not your fault at all - it was mea culpa. I knew exactly what I was buying because of the detailed information on your website. I wish that other vendors were half as complete in their product descriptions! (I already have items in my shopping cart for next time.)

For a mindless cog, you sure do know your stuff. :thumb:

My first week of online snipe hunting I could not believe the endless number of vendors trying to jump on the PV bandwagon. Scams were obvious, overpriced junk wasnt too hard to spot, but I knew I'd struck gold when I landed on your site. Most vendors dont go through the trouble of even listing something as basic as mAh, much less the ohm rating on their overpriced atomizers.

I cant emagine how tough it is for you to keep up with what to stock, where to get it, then flesh out the specs and add GREAT detail to the site. Wish I had a solution for the ungrateful among us, I'm in retail so I feel you on the selfimportant consumers that think you can magically make the laws of physics not apply to them, you shouldnt have to waste your time/money/sanity trying to explain reality to them. :evil:

hoogie76

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2009
Charlotte, NC
You guys are way too awesome and I really appreciate all your kind words, support and the total boost to my spirits.. Back off to work.. We've got a new guy statying on Monday so hopefully we can get to some of the other projects we've been struggling with finding the time for.

But really, thanks again for the terrifc support..

hoog

Yankee802

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2010
Panama City, Florida
Whew... Thanks for reading. If you've made it this far then I owe you a drink..

hoog

How about a free sample of the cuban cigar juice instead?

I can't believe people would complain about your shipping, even with USPS's issues, you guys ship THE fastest! And your customer service is top notch. I can't comment on returns, thankfully I've had nothing but good stuff from you.

Hoog, can you put together my next order tomorow? I like the little surprises you put in, I miss that. :)

greenie

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
Pacific Northwest
Hoogie

You are my favorite vendor. In fact there isn't anyone else I go to unless it is an emergency situation. lol

I check madvapes once or twice a week. It is my 'go to' place.

PLUS and it is a really big plus...you seem to be a really GREAT GUY.Your genuineness comes through, and your products are top of the line. I know because I am a picky person.

RippleInStillWater

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
Land Of Corruption
I've read thousands of posts since I joined last month and, I could be wrong, I think its your state (and this is from an Illini), they suck at mailing, a seemingly basic concept. I already have too much stuff but you're next on my list (too many have told me you're awesome) -- maybe I should sell/trade some of this stuff so I can go Mad!

Since I have an ulcer its a Watney's Red Barrel Ale for me, a toast to a vendor wiith a deserved good rep!!!

Remember "I've learned my lesson well, you can't please everyone so you've got to please yourself"...:)

bsoplinger

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2010
Capitol District New York
I've ordered a few times now. Always packaged up and shipped out quickly. After that, its in USPS hands and we all know how that can be. All in all considering how many pieces of mail get processed a day the post awful does a really good job. But when your package is one of those exceptions to the rule it can get downright frustrating.

I think a whole lots of goodwill could be gained if they just called it delivery confirmation and never mentioned tracking. As in they only promise to let you know it was delivered. Instead of the sorta tracking info they have now where sometimes it doesn't show any info until the day after delivery.

Once I did the "fooey, I forgot to get a xx" thing. They got my extra item added into my order and it still was shipped the day after my order.

Always good service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread