How About A Boycott From Buying At Starbucks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barbara21

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2013
Greenville, SC, USA
I also stop dealing with companies that ban e-cigs, our locale theme park, Kings Island, also has a no e-cig policy, so I now have a no Kings Island policy. Will they care, nope I'm sure they won't, but I'll be damned if I'm going to spend my money within the boundaries of companies that want to force me into the smoking area. <snip>

... Last year I bought 8 season passes to Kings Island.... next year I'll keep that $688. in my pocket... and I'll add Starbucks to my list.

I suspect King's Island would care if they knew about it. So let them know exactly why they're not getting any more of your money. Write/call/meet with management...whatever.

On a side note, I stopped by my local Starbucks. I normally use the drive-through but this time I meant to openly vape on the patio and see if management (or anyone) said anything about vaping not being allowed. (If they did, I was going to plead ignorance as they have 'no smoking' signs up but nothing about vaping.)

It was a wasted trip. There were three people openly smoking in the patio, including a Starbucks employee. :)

Zee2006

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
I suspect King's Island would care if they knew about it. So let them know exactly why they're not getting any more of your money. Write/call/meet with management...whatever.

I did write them several emails, they simply don't care. Ya know if they would at least recognize there's an issue asking new ex-smokers to go to the smoking area it wouldn't even bother me so bad. Offer vapors a vaping area, just treat my health with the same concern you proclaim to have for your other guest......

Of course their reasoning is they don't want others to see it an think it's ok to smoke.... I sure hope nursing mothers don't make others feel it's ok to go topless, or drug users to see diabetics taking insulin to think it's ok to run up......Yeah I know, I'm venting......

ubergeek922

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2013
Cincinnati
I also stop dealing with companies that ban e-cigs, our locale theme park, Kings Island, also has a no e-cig policy, so I now have a no Kings Island policy.

I think it's great that you're taking a stand, I wish more people would. It makes for shorter lines when I go. Banshee looks awesome. :D

Edit: This is just in good fun, not trying to minimize your opinions.

AgentAnia

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
Orbiting Sirius B
I think it's great that you're taking a stand, I wish more people would. It makes for shorter lines when I go. Banshee looks awesome. :D

Edit: This is just in good fun, not trying to minimize your opinions.

I don't look to make a huge difference to Starbucks because they're no longer seeing my money, but if you see shorter lines there because I and others are staying away, then my work there is done.... :laugh:

noslacker

Verified Member
Apr 19, 2012
san diego
I did write them several emails, they simply don't care. Ya know if they would at least recognize there's an issue asking new ex-smokers to go to the smoking area it wouldn't even bother me so bad. Offer vapors a vaping area, just treat my health with the same concern you proclaim to have for your other guest......

Of course their reasoning is they don't want others to see it an think it's ok to smoke.... I sure hope nursing mothers don't make others feel it's ok to go topless, or drug users to see diabetics taking insulin to think it's ok to run up......Yeah I know, I'm venting......
I just want to say thanks and even if they could care less, as this Vaping grows, supposedly to as big a business as Vitamin Water, 8 or 9 billion by 2015, then maybe they will take a listen, but you were great to write and give your position on this nightmare, even more so after the new study by CASAA showing the lack of danger from second hand vape smoke, but you did the right thing and I applaud you for that, everything is better with a group and when we all get together and make our intentions clear, it WILL make a difference, andn what you did made a difference too and thanks

noslacker

Verified Member
Apr 19, 2012
san diego

On a side note, I stopped by my local Starbucks. I normally use the drive-through but this time I meant to openly vape on the patio and see if management (or anyone) said anything about vaping not being allowed. (If they did, I was going to plead ignorance as they have 'no smoking' signs up but nothing about vaping.)

It was a wasted trip. There were three people openly smoking in the patio, including a Starbucks employee. :)

I love your story, and it just shows the power of the corporation over their smarter employees, sadly but able to reform, is the one that was having a cigarette, not smart or stupid, just like me before I found my Vapes

JulesXsmokr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2013
Hurricane Alley, FL. USA
I went into a restaurant last night in Orlando and vaped, not a lot but just enough to give me comfort. Also last night, I happened to go to Starbucks while in Target and had a few puffs there. I'm sure there were a few looks, but I didn't acknowledge any.
I just think we need to be more open in public about the vaping we do, and explain if needed the wonder that this is.
If we sit back like sheep and follow the heard, the sheep herders will eventually kill their prey.
This should be a non - issue...

noslacker

Verified Member
Apr 19, 2012
san diego
I went into a restaurant last night in Orlando and vaped, not a lot but just enough to give me comfort. Also last night, I happened to go to Starbucks while in Target and had a few puffs there. I'm sure there were a few looks, but I didn't acknowledge any.
I just think we need to be more open in public about the vaping we do, and explain if needed the wonder that this is.
If we sit back like sheep and follow the heard, the sheep herders will eventually kill their prey.
This should be a non - issue...
Wow, thank you for that thought, it has been met with resistance all throughout this thread that I started, and like you said, you weren't using Drip Atomizers that would have set off the fire alarms, just enough to almost satisfy you, and I live in Cali and thank everyone for writing to their respective politicians and the vote to put ecigs in with Tobacco was put off, but only from CASAA and their help and the vapers that took the time to write to their reps, I know that Big Pharm is powerful but votes are the most powerful and it is not lobbyists that make them listen, although they do most of the time until they get scared about not having another term in their office, that gets their attention real quick. I have a friend that just has a pencil thin battery with a drip tip that he takes with him and you would never know he is smoking in the restaurant, pain in the ... that it is to put three to four drops in, he goes unnoticed and he even is able to do that on airlines, not something I recommend but it is all about how you act, and in your case you didn't acknowledge the few looks and you went on your way, good stuff man, and thank you for taking the time to write this on my thread, people like you make all the difference!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread