How About A Boycott From Buying At Starbucks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orb Skewer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2011
Terra firma
Big whup. I get pretty tired of the so called indignant crying over something that's legal for a company to do. Don't like the way taxes are assessed? Petition your legislative body to change the laws. But this so called "tax evasion cry" is getting pretty old considering it's the governments that created the laws and rules that the companies are using.

Do you pay your tax ?

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
If there's a rule or law that allows me to not pay a tax, what do YOU think I'm going to do? Pay something I don't need to? Let's get real here. The entire purpose of going into business is to make money. If there's a law that allows me to not pay a tax, do you think I'm going to be daft enough to pay something I don't need to pay? Seriously?!!

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
I don't know why all of us that love our vapes don't make a little noise and show our displeasure with companies like Starbucks banning Ecigs from not only inside, but 20 FEET around their store! There have been no real studies that have shown Second Hand Smoke danger and the only ones that did were faked, and if we let companies just walk all over us, then what are we left to do? Go to the smelly Smoking areas in Disneyland, The Airports, Baseball, Football, etc? I stopped smoking for my health and to not ever have to smell that odor on my clothes and now we are being FORCED to go backwards and HAVE second hand smoke ourselves by being put back into a category that is not true, that our vaping is tobacco based and that we are causing harm to people.
Please let me know if anyone would like to make our voice known and we can go from there, let's get in the news in a positive way, as a powerful group, and that is the only way we can be heard.
Is that Starbucks corporate policy...or is it a local ordinance

Maybe it IS corporate policy...
Starbucks, other businesses ban e-cigarettes

But...just as me carrying my CHL...if they don't want me to do a certain activity on their property...well...me and my money will go elsewhere...

As with any privately owned store...they can set policy how they want, it is THEIR right after all...I have every right to take my money elsewhere

Plus...I am a every day plain Jane cup-o-joe and don't like 4bucks fru-fru coffee anyways (me and my Keurig do just fine!)

Last edited:

Orb Skewer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2011
Terra firma
If there's a rule or law that allows me to not pay a tax, what do YOU think I'm going to do? Pay something I don't need to? Let's get real here. The entire purpose of going into business is to make money. If there's a law that allows me to not pay a tax, do you think I'm going to be daft enough to pay something I don't need to pay? Seriously?!!

In your working life to date-how much tax have you paid ?
Have you used your vote to any positive extent ?

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
In your working life to date-how much tax have you paid ?
Have you used your vote to any positive extent ?

And what does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

If there's a rule that allows me to not pay a tax, or take a deduction, you bet your sweet bippy I take it. As for my vote, if you mean do I vote with the clueless who think corporations are evil entities that are the scourge of the earth, no, I do not. I vote for what's best for my country, not for the selfish who think the government exists to cater to their every whim and desire.

Orb Skewer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2011
Terra firma
And what does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

If there's a rule that allows me to not pay a tax, or take a deduction, you bet your sweet bippy I take it. As for my vote, if you mean do I vote with the clueless who think corporations are evil entities that are the scourge of the earth, no, I do not. I vote for what's best for my country, not for the selfish who think the government exists to cater to their every whim and desire.

Here was me thinking that I had stumbled upon a successfull hedge fund manager who had lots of spare time to spend on a vaping forum, and you are correct Retired1, you vote for the selfish government that exists to cater for their every whim and desire-regardless of how you vote.

noslacker

Verified Member
Apr 19, 2012
san diego
Thank you my friend, it means a lot to me that you understand the power of the group, and vapers are a powerful group, we just need to organize it to protect ourselves from the very thing we stopped, being put in with smokers in a little area when we are out, or not even being able to enter property like Lowes, I never knew that but now Lowes is on my list of no go's.

noslacker

Verified Member
Apr 19, 2012
san diego
I have always had common courtesy even when I was smoking cigarettes, but your indignant attitude about not being able to vape outside the store is just like ex-smokers with their rants, I don't want to be forced to be put in an area of second hand smoke when all the studies have shown that there is no danger in second hand vape smoke, and what makes us special is that we took the time and wisdom to save our lives and now with defeatist attitudes like yours, we will be forced to inhale dangerous smoke from cigarettes because you feel like we have no right to smoke our vapes outside the store too, FYI, everyone that smells my vape smoke loves the smell and always asks me what flavor I am vaping today!

ClippinWings

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
The OC
I don't hang out at starbucks... but I do buy beverages there, fairly regularly.

But on my quick stops there... I vape like I normally would...

I vape as I walk up... usually exhaling as I enter the door.

I vape as soon as I exit the door.

No one has said anything to me thus far... and if anyone does... um... I'd probably just laugh.

I mean what are they going to say?

"hey, I know you put it away but you can't use that here"

"hey you, guy that is already getting in your car... you can't use that here"

LOL

It may help that the starbucks I frequent, feature public sidewalks or parking lots that run within 10 feet of their front door... so their 20' policy is unenforceable.

But should I be stopped and scolded for not wanting to die. I will stop frequenting THAT Starbucks... because as it stands now, even if this is corporate policy... it's not universally enforced or even enforceable in many locations.

Last edited:

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
In all the years I've been vaping ... and I openly vape pretty much everywhere ...
No one has ever approached me even suggestion I shouldn't be vaping.
I guess everyone who might disapprove ... can read my body language
and chooses to avoid the pain.
:p

Jack Reacher is here !

Not the absurd portrayal in the forgettable Tom Cruise movie, but the "real" character from the book series ...

If you have the power to project that "mess with me at your own peril" vibe, I envy you ... :toast:

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
In all the years I've been vaping ... and I openly vape pretty much everywhere ...
No one has ever approached me even suggestion I shouldn't be vaping.
I guess everyone who might disapprove ... can read my body language
and chooses to avoid the pain.
:p
When I read posts, I often look at the location of the poster.
And from reading this forum for years, I have come to a conclusion....

Missouri and Mississippi vapers seem to have very few issues.
And Florida and California vapers seem to have more issues than others.

I would love to do a geographical survey of vaping.
I would also love to own a million dollar home in La Jolla.
:)

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
I've been reading and occasionally posting in the E-cigarettes in Public forum
for years. The reason I was drawn to that forum is because the threads
there give me a lot of information about vapers in general as well as helping
me keep my fingers on the pulse of our movement.

One of the interesting topics often discussed is the apprehension of vaping
Super Vape Machines in public ... Cig-a-likes ... not as big of an issue.

Back to the topic of "geographical area" ...
A few months ago ... a vaper in California posted the public tolerance
can change base just on locality within the state. He mentioned in the city
where he lives ... no big problem ... however, 20 miles to the north ...
Very Little Tolerance to e-smoking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread