How About A Boycott From Buying At Starbucks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I've been reading and occasionally posting in the E-cigarettes in Public forum
for years. The reason I was drawn to that forum is because the threads
there give me a lot of information about vapers in general as well as helping
me keep my fingers on the pulse of our movement.

One of the interesting topics often discussed is the apprehension of vaping
Super vape Machines in public ... Cig-a-likes ... not as big of an issue.

Back to the topic of "geographical area" ...
A few months ago ... a vaper in California posted the public tolerance
can change base just on locality within the state. He mentioned in the city
where he lives ... no big problem ... however, 20 miles to the north ...
Very Little Tolerance to e-smoking.
California is a very big state, with a lot of different types of regions.
And those different regions are often home to people of like minds in many cases.

We've got desert, mountain, coastal, and inland populations.
And they all represent different economic and political thoughts and ideals.

If you look at red and blue, you'll find quite a mix in this state.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I've been reading and occasionally posting in the E-cigarettes in Public forum
for years. The reason I was drawn to that forum is because the threads
there give me a lot of information about vapers in general as well as helping
me keep my fingers on the pulse of our movement.

One of the interesting topics often discussed is the apprehension of vaping
Super Vape Machines in public ... Cig-a-likes ... not as big of an issue.

Back to the topic of "geographical area" ...
A few months ago ... a vaper in California posted the public tolerance
can change base just on locality within the state. He mentioned in the city
where he lives ... no big problem ... however, 20 miles to the north ...
Very Little Tolerance to e-smoking.
And those different regions are often home to people of like minds in many cases.

If you look at red and blue, you'll find quite a mix in this state, which mainly breaks down geographically.
And you'll also find Diane Feinstein, Barbara Boxer, and Nancy Pelosi, among others.
:(

Last edited:

Bookworm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
USA
I used to sit and smoke cigs on the Starbucks patio. They had ashtrays on every table and it was obviously encouraged. I can see why they would want to stop this, as people would have to walk through a cloud of smoke from several smokers just to get to a coffee. I don't understand why ecigs were included in the ban. I can say that I still vape outside of Starbucks when I go (which isn't very often anymore, for other reasons), and no one has said anything at all to me about it. It may be corporate policy, but my baristas don't care one bit. As for a boycott, I think people should boycott if it bothers them. This isn't a huge deal to me, but I will never eat another Chickfila sandwich, so I get it. Boycotting huge companies may not make a huge difference to them, but not supporting companies like that helps me sleep at night.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

If you look at red and blue, you'll find quite a mix in this state, which mainly breaks down geographically.
And you'll also find Diane Feinstein, Barbara Boxer, and Nancy Pelosi, among others.
:(

You got that Right DC.

There is a Big Difference just between Orange and LA County. Let along LA or say Shasta County.

And Unfortunately, yes, we do have Diane Feinstein, Barbara Boxer, and Nancy Pelosi.

(Please don't ever mention Diane Feinstein again. Every Time I hear that Name, I have an Involuntary Reaction to Spit at my Screen. Do you have Any Idea how Hard it is to Dried Spit off an LCD Screen?)

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
You got that Right DC.

There is a Big Difference just between Orange and LA County. Let along LA or say Shasta County.

And Unfortunately, yes, we do have Diane Feinstein, Barbara Boxer, and Nancy Pelosi.

(Please don't ever mention Diane Feinstein again. Every Time I hear that Name, I have an Involuntary Reaction to Spit at my Screen. Do you have Any Idea how Hard it is to Dried Spit off an LCD Screen?)

I wonder what the pulse is in Humboldt County .. ?? ;)

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
You got that Right DC.

Ugh!! I just threw up, a little bit, in my mouth...

:ohmy:

noslacker

Verified Member
Apr 19, 2012
san diego
Thank you so much for doing that, and for protecting our lives from being forced into smoke filled areas because of ignorance, I really appreciate your help.

No offense, noslacker, but quoting the person you are responding to may help others make sense of who and what you are actually responding to in your posts.
I feel like an idiot, I think that when you reply to a post, not to the thread, it should be indented into the post below it, but now I see it is not, and I am so sorry, those were in response to three other posts and from now on, and thank you, I will use the reply with quotes, that is until the reply is fixed,

noslacker

Verified Member
Apr 19, 2012
san diego
Speaking of our geographical issues per local, Laguna Beach just shot down a ban on Ecigs, 4-0, in their city council, that would have placed ecigs in the same class as cigarettes and the city council said they found no reason or study to believe that Vaping is dangerous or that it harms other people, including second hand smoke, finally some good news!

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I feel like an idiot, I think that when you reply to a post, not to the thread, it should be indented into the post below it, but now I see it is not, and I am so sorry, those were in response to three other posts and from now on, and thank you, I will use the reply with quotes, that is until the reply is fixed,

No Worries

In a slow moving thread, people can Usually tell that your Reply is to the Post Directly Above.

But when 3 or 4 People are posting Quickly, it is hard to tell what Reply goes Where.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Speaking of our geographical issues per local, Laguna Beach just shot down a ban on Ecigs, 4-0, in their city council, that would have placed ecigs in the same class as cigarettes and the city council said they found no reason or study to believe that Vaping is dangerous or that it harms other people, including second hand smoke, finally some good news!

If you have a Link to the Story, can you Post it?

Zee2006

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
I also stop dealing with companies that ban e-cigs, our locale theme park, Kings Island, also has a no e-cig policy, so I now have a no Kings Island policy. Will they care, nope I'm sure they won't, but I'll be damned if I'm going to spend my money within the boundaries of companies that want to force me into the smoking area. Yeah sure I could refrain from vaping, but that's not the point. Most these places banned cigarettes because they are harmful to humans, that's fine, understandable (I guess trying to force me back into the smoking area it's a health issues they care about) ......but e-cigs aren't (or so far that's how it appears) so now I'm being told what to do just because they don't like it..... I guess I should hand over that super large soda too......

The thing I have the most problem with here is that e-cigs are saving lives..... that's HUGE... shouldn't companies that we spend our money with care about lives??? I know I'm being wayyyyy to naive...... but I just can't help it... Last year I bought 8 season passes to Kings Island.... next year I'll keep that $688. in my pocket... and I'll add Starbucks to my list.

I think we need a sticky listing places that ban e-cigs for those of us who want to avoid giving these places our business.
Please if any of you hear of national companies banning e-cig PM me so I can add them to my private list :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread