The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

How can you add graphics to your e-cig?

Discussion in 'Cosmetic Mods' started by Zben504, Apr 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Zben504

Zben504 Registered Supplier ECF Veteran

Apr 11, 2009
    Tulsa, OK
    I have seen suppliers like dietsmokes.com and Totally Wicked who have modified e cigs. TW has their little devil face on theirs and dietsmokes has the Black tie edition, bumble bee and scorpion editions. Dietsmokes appears to be nothing more than a colored band, but subtle and cool anyway. Has anyone tried anything like this? I have seen some decal paper you can buy which would be more permanent than a cheap sticker. How do these guys do it?
    -Ben

2. Vince1

Vince1 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 6, 2009
    Down South, USA.
    Check out their e-cig skins at Tasdad Design Just e-mail and ask how he makes them. Taz is a great guy.

3. Zben504

Apr 11, 2009
    Tulsa, OK
    I think those just peel off. I want something permanent.

4. strayling

strayling Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 25, 2009
    Seattle, USA
    A Dremel and a steady hand.

5. Vince1

Vince1 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 6, 2009
    Down South, USA.
    Custom etching like watches and guns and such? The problem is it could be expensive even to custom paint one only to throw it out when it quits. There is a guy on here that will airbrush one for you.
    The TW devil is some kind of paint decal like you say, very tough, I can't even scratch it with a fingernail, but I have no idea where to get that kind of thing. Have you asked them?

6. Skad

Skad Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 29, 2009
    Biloxi, MS
    I'd suggest you find decals, or decal paper that you like, transfer it to the cig, and then spray a light coat of clear lacquer over it to seal it. Just make sure you tape off the connections before you do.

7. starsflashgordon

starsflashgordon Full Member ECF Veteran

Apr 15, 2009
    Iowa, USA
    Well, I hate to be a little girly-girl, but I roughed up some of my white batteries with a fine sand paper or steel wool, very lightly, and painted them...sparkly pink & blue fingernail polish, plus some of the decals for fingernails...I've got a black mini coming...gonna decal on a lightening bolt on the side of the atomizer...some little gold stars...what the heck, it's fun. Love vaping. The sky's the limit.

8. breakfastchef

breakfastchef Moved On

Feb 12, 2009
    Laser etching is about the best way to create a permanent design on a device that will likely not last one year. Beter to go the decal route or look through the transfer paper options for inkjet/laser printers at HP (Hewlett Packard). Alternately, Smurf Band-Aids are looking pretty useful for this purpose.

(I was looking to post something with a bit more substance for post #500, but could not resist this thread)

9. Skad

Skad Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 29, 2009
    Biloxi, MS
    I never thought about fingernail decals. Great idea for the wife's ecig which should be in today.
    Thanks!

10. Zben504

Apr 11, 2009
    Tulsa, OK
    laser etching would be sweet, but costly. I'll have to check into the decals more.

11. firdaddy

firdaddy Full Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Dickinson TX
    you might try talking to a local engraver, should not be too hard to find someone willing to work with you.. also i've heard of engraved pens etc before so engraving a 901 batt or atomizer etc should not be very hard for them either, and its a little more accessible than a laser engraver

12. Zben504

Apr 11, 2009
    Tulsa, OK
    engraving isn't really what I was looking for... TW says all their units come with the logo pre-applied from china, so no luck their.

13. Vandal996

Vandal996 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 13, 2009
    Columbus Ohio
    The finish on the products that I have seen is mostly powder coating. This is a heated powder that then flows like paint.
    Any spray paint from a can will not last long. The oils and nocotine will probably break down laquers and enamels.
    You can go with a good catalized automotive paint. It will be resistant to anything the e-cig should come in contact with. The problem is that it is only available in huge quantities for your purposes. I paint motorcycles as a side business if you were wondering.
    Another more practicle option is the decal idea. You can lay out what you want in illustrator and email it your local Signs By Tomorrow or who ever is your local sign shop. If you size it correctly they will pre cut it and you can just apply and forget it. Most of these places will knock out decals like this for about 2 bucks if your order 20 or so. If it gets scratched just apply another one.
    If you are going to paint you will need to scuff the surface with at least 1000 grit sand paper.

14. eatmeat

eatmeat Full Member

You should be able to buy this in printer size sheets and any thing you can print you could wrap.the kids do this to there psp,s,laptops ect

15. Grandma Cas

Grandma Cas Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 10, 2009
    Chesham UK
  16. needvapor

needvapor Ultra Member ECF Veteran

My hubby runs a powder coating company!! I am gonna ask him if he can get anything sparkly for me! I also do scrapbooking and have tons of rub ons and stickers.. I may think about using a cool rub on and then enamel it or seal with something else.. My husband has tons of stuff in the warehouse.. I wil let you all know how it goes!

17. PakAdayX50

PakAdayX50 Full Member ECF Veteran

Mar 19, 2009
    Macon, GA
    Freehand designs with gold or silver metallic markers by Pilot (stock #41400) look really good no matter how clumsily applied. Wears off in a couple of days allowing you to apply again and maybe improve your technique. :D

18. RAHREE

RAHREE Full Member

Apr 20, 2009
    OHIO, USA
    I covered mine with holographic contact paper that I bought at hobby lobby. Pink sparkley verrry girlie. For my husband's I found some dark blue crome stickey vinyl and covered his. It is the vinyl used for auto detailing. I ordered from ebay. Now we both have our own "custom" e-cigs!

19. prototype7

prototype7 Full Member

May 4, 2009
    Has anybody ever got popped by a cop thinking that their "decorated" ecig was a pipe?

20. Johnross1968

Johnross1968 Full Member

Jan 30, 2009
    I would say painting the Ecig itself is probably not the best way. Since an ecig is just 3 pieces (battery,Atomizer and Cart) and all of those pieces will go bad. At that point you would have to get another and paint it to match.8-o

Instead how about a tube that you would slide the Ecig into then decorating that.:cool::cool::cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.