Status
Not open for further replies.

Zben504

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2009
Tulsa, OK
www.VaporBliss.com
I have seen suppliers like dietsmokes.com and Totally Wicked who have modified e cigs. TW has their little devil face on theirs and dietsmokes has the Black tie edition, bumble bee and scorpion editions. Dietsmokes appears to be nothing more than a colored band, but subtle and cool anyway. Has anyone tried anything like this? I have seen some decal paper you can buy which would be more permanent than a cheap sticker. How do these guys do it?
-Ben

Vince1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2009
Down South, USA.
Custom etching like watches and guns and such? The problem is it could be expensive even to custom paint one only to throw it out when it quits. There is a guy on here that will airbrush one for you.
The TW devil is some kind of paint decal like you say, very tough, I can't even scratch it with a fingernail, but I have no idea where to get that kind of thing. Have you asked them?

Last edited:

starsflashgordon

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2009
Iowa, USA
Well, I hate to be a little girly-girl, but I roughed up some of my white batteries with a fine sand paper or steel wool, very lightly, and painted them...sparkly pink & blue fingernail polish, plus some of the decals for fingernails...I've got a black mini coming...gonna decal on a lightening bolt on the side of the atomizer...some little gold stars...what the heck, it's fun. Love vaping. The sky's the limit.

breakfastchef

Moved On
Feb 12, 2009
Laser etching is about the best way to create a permanent design on a device that will likely not last one year. Beter to go the decal route or look through the transfer paper options for inkjet/laser printers at HP (Hewlett Packard). Alternately, Smurf Band-Aids are looking pretty useful for this purpose.

(I was looking to post something with a bit more substance for post #500, but could not resist this thread)

Skad

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2009
Biloxi, MS
Well, I hate to be a little girly-girl, but I roughed up some of my white batteries with a fine sand paper or steel wool, very lightly, and painted them...sparkly pink & blue fingernail polish, plus some of the decals for fingernails...I've got a black mini coming...gonna decal on a lightening bolt on the side of the atomizer...some little gold stars...what the heck, it's fun. Love vaping. The sky's the limit.

I never thought about fingernail decals. Great idea for the wife's ecig which should be in today.
Thanks!

Vandal996

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2009
Columbus Ohio
The finish on the products that I have seen is mostly powder coating. This is a heated powder that then flows like paint.
Any spray paint from a can will not last long. The oils and nocotine will probably break down laquers and enamels.
You can go with a good catalized automotive paint. It will be resistant to anything the e-cig should come in contact with. The problem is that it is only available in huge quantities for your purposes. I paint motorcycles as a side business if you were wondering.
Another more practicle option is the decal idea. You can lay out what you want in illustrator and email it your local Signs By Tomorrow or who ever is your local sign shop. If you size it correctly they will pre cut it and you can just apply and forget it. Most of these places will knock out decals like this for about 2 bucks if your order 20 or so. If it gets scratched just apply another one.
If you are going to paint you will need to scuff the surface with at least 1000 grit sand paper.

needvapor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2009
Treasure Coast Florida =)
My hubby runs a powder coating company!! I am gonna ask him if he can get anything sparkly for me! I also do scrapbooking and have tons of rub ons and stickers.. I may think about using a cool rub on and then enamel it or seal with something else.. My husband has tons of stuff in the warehouse.. I wil let you all know how it goes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread