The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

How can you add graphics to your e-cig?

Discussion in 'Cosmetic Mods' started by Zben504, Apr 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Archer74

Archer74 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Sep 26, 2009
    Illinois
    I remember this. i think they have colored version as well. But this thing uses electricity. Dunno how this thing will interact with the battery.

2. PatriciafromCO

PatriciafromCO Ultra Member ECF Veteran

May 26, 2009
    Colorado
    I got it as a sample to a home made rubber stamp kit I purchase,, you made stencils using the light source,, then used a powder which didn't use any electricity just a chemical reaction to the glass or metal .. Martronics corporation 360-985-2999 out of WA from my understanding it was just a surface reaction...

3. PatriciafromCO

PatriciafromCO Ultra Member ECF Veteran

May 26, 2009
    Colorado
  4. dubnluvn

dubnluvn Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 14, 2009
    San Diego, Ca
    What you want is a water slide decal. There are places online where you can order a sheet of your custom artwork.

5. M4jin

M4jin Full Member

Oct 9, 2009
    DFW, TX
    Im pretty sure you could find a screen printing company that could handle it but if your not setting up a account or doing them in mass youll probably pay around 50-70 bucks initially and probably 10 per item (set up your design in illustrator and they can probably handle it)

6. angelique510

angelique510 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Thanks for posting the nail art video Grandma Cas. Now I have to buy one of those kits.

Another idea: you could get someone at a nail salon to airbrush whatever you want on your e-cig.

~A

7. KermieD

KermieD Senior Member ECF Veteran

Nov 5, 2009
    Oshkosh, WI
    For laser etching, go to your local trophy shop. If they can't do it in house, they will be able to send it in to someone. They should be able to help you with text and/or if you're willing to use a design that they have in stock. If you have a custom design, even if it's in a vectorized format, expect to pay a one time charge of around $20-30 to have that artwork converted into a filetype that the laser uses and also expect that the shop will have to ship it out and get it back. From that point on, you should not have to pay again for that conversion charge unless you change the artwork. If you do change the artwork, even a small bit, it's usually an all-or-nothing charge, so you'll be stuck with the full $20-30 charge again.

8. override

override Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 11, 2009
    Danbury, TX
    Vinyl Graphics are pretty permanent, heavy duty, inexpensive and you almost always find someone in your area that makes them.

Also I am not sure if this would work with metal or not but glass etching liquid is pretty inexpensive. All you need is a vinyl stencil of whatever design stick it on, add the etching liquid wait like 5 minutes and peel the vinyl off. If it will etch glass I dont see why it wouldnt etch throught he paint and possibly a little into the metal.

9. Bruce H

Bruce H Senior Member ECF Veteran

Yes- I can add graphics to larger mods (*not limited to) with printed adhesive backed vinyl.

I have had many requests (at another site) and I am looking at doing a run of 20 or more. PM me your ideas, let me know what you want to make pretty and I'll do my best to help out.

There will be a charge as the material isn't cheap. I check my messages here everyday and I will return any as soon as I can.

* I work on a 54" printer so I am not limited in size. Video game consoles, video game instruments, electronics, and just about anything with a flat smooth surface.

10. MetalPrincess

MetalPrincess Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Canada
    Don't forget to check your charger setup before you mod. I have one powder coated battery (bought that way) that won't fit in my universal charger so I have to keep that in mind when I'm on the go.

11. ByKa

ByKa Full Member

Aug 29, 2009
    Hungary
    Hi, I'm ByKa from Hungary and I am a printer.
    We decorating the feathers, smaller devices such we make it with tampon-printing.
    The method it's very simple. there is a reflected form what absorbs the paint and a shaving-brush (this tampon) transfers it onto the surface. this special paint, and this waterproof and UV. will more color too.

this relatively cheap operation, earn one like this with your residence. who can print feathers, they with heat-resisting printer's ink cig too.
    I hope I can help.

Sorry for my english!

12. TWalker

TWalker Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 6, 2009
    NM
    Ha. This is worthy of my first post. Tampon-printing means an entirely different thing in american english than Hungarian...I'm sure.
    :lol:

13. DWB

DWB Full Member

Dec 8, 2009
    P-Town Arizona
    What about a full wrap, that way there are no risen spots, its all smooth

14. jxmiller

jxmiller Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 13, 2009
    I was searching earlier today for an acid paper for etching. The idea here would be that there are 2 layers of paper and a layer of acid between. You could draw and cut your design out and tear off one side of the paper exposing the acid. Then stick it to something for some period of time to get it etched in.

Does this exist?

15. Lab

Lab Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Nov 16, 2009
    Indiana
    I was talking about this today with my brother.. about getting printed vinyl with any type of pattern on it.. and selling them pre-cut with battery hole.

they would be the same material that is on sides of trucks..

and be basically like these Dragon Skins - Accessories - Buy Electronic Cigarettes Online

but at a cheaper cost than them.. figured $5 total since shipping the things would just take a stamp.. do not need the $7 shipping that site takes.. if ppl are interested in this send me a pm. if there is enough interest i will start on making them.. we would be able to do any pattern or single image with base background color

as far as images that are printed on.. they would probably require taking apart the battery since it is probably done with die sub printer so would require a good amount of heat that would probably destroy the battery.

a die sub printing on a atty might be possible. in a few months if i have the cash will buy the thing and test it out.

16. Lab

Lab Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Nov 16, 2009
    Indiana
    The only way to pull off a full wrap would be die sub print that would last life of the battery.. it is the way that images are put on coffee cups the only problem would be the heat involved might destroy the battery so it would have to be taken apart.. or if you where to draw a image on your battery then put something like this over the drawn image. 3/4" (19mm) inch Shrink Wrap Tube.

there is clear of this but it is not as thick of material so it would have to be reapplied there is also different sizes i think that size is for wrapping AA batteries in a row..

17. JDSupreme

JDSupreme Super Member ECF Veteran

Dec 20, 2009
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Check out my sports decal mod thread. So sweet!

18. sdolan

sdolan Full Member

Jan 17, 2010
    Williamsburg, VA
    I added Swarovski crystals to mine! I love it!

19. inferno

inferno Full Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Orlando
    I did this for my paintball gun:
    get thick masking tape for the area you want the decal. stick it to a very flat cutting surface. Cut in the decal you want with a blade. if you want you can double up on the tape. Then I got a couple of cans of air and got some super fine sand. I made t joint for the aircan and dropped sand into it while blasting the air. Cost about $15 for a sandblasted decal. then i used clearcoat to seal it up

20. firebolt

firebolt Full Member

Feb 10, 2010
    chilliwack
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.