How can you add graphics to your e-cig?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RazorNribbonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Trapped within my imagination
I mostly paint walls and furniture for a living but, I totally agree with Vandal when he advices > " If you are going to paint you will need to scuff the surface with at least 1000 grit sand paper. ".. How you prime the surface before any design work will determine its durablility...Any paint will peel right off of a slick surface... They do also have liquid sandpaper, you can brush on before any high detailed work (stenciling etc..) Paint, then follow with a spray of sealer ( I'd tape over holes etc really well) I'd probably use a water based sealer since oil based sealers tend to turn yellow over time.. However, no longer then the battery would last this might not be an issue... Again, with as short as the battery life is the fingernail polish or basic acrylic paint would probably hold up just fine with the heat and good prep work..But If you wanted to take extra precaution, they also make heat resistant paints...

I could so get into the elaborate designs lol.. But, the short battery life keeps me from playing too much with it... Heck, I can barely stand to sell something I paint after spending hrs on it.. To have to throw a way a gorgeous battery would kill me lmao..I would like to try something like glass etching on one...Just to check it out..Or embossing one with a lil raised design then hologram or gold leaf it...There again, Id have a box of batts I just couldn't bare to throw a way..Hmm maybe I could incorporate them all on a canvas for e-cig art ( that only I would understand and love. ha!) ...
Sure would love to see pics if anyone does some fun stuff

Hope you share your lazer-marking info Liberate..Sounds like that could be pretty kewl..

Bee

ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2009
Corona, Ca
I have been using Swarovski Crystal beads. The small 2mm or the 4mm work very nice I use gorilla glue to keep them on yes it takes a steady hand to get the glue just right but in the end well worth it. Other glues have not held up like the gorilla glue. I have blue, red, and orange crystals. I have placed the 2mm around the end near the light so that it sparkles when I take a puff. :)

MSF

Moved On
Mar 17, 2009
USA
  • MSF
  • Deleted by ZambucaLu
  • Reason: unregistered supplier

imsewsure

ECF Veteran
May 13, 2009
Stuttgart, Germany
I love the con-tac paper idea for ease of use, quick change outs, etc. I also love the crystal idea except that I'd worry my battery or atty would go out as soon as I finished the design. If someone comes up with a good sleeve idea I hope you share it with us. I have a pen-style PV so I will be checking out real pens, straws, etc. to find something that can be used as a sleeve that would stay on with an o-ring or some other form of rubbery friction, maybe the inside of a bigger straw could even be coated with a liquid rubber or silicone. Cardboard is another option but I'd be worried that it'll wear over time.

A third option for designs is, as mentioned earlier, the decal option. I bought one of those nail polish/stamp kits for my fingernails but they don't come with very many stamp options. For example, sports team logos could very easily be created on a computer and printed out on decal paper while you don't even have that option with the stamp set. They sell decal paper for your computer...it's just like decals you'd use for your fingernails or toy car models (water, soak, put in place, clear coat).

WiiD

Jun 5, 2009
if any of you live in the bay area, go to the good guys show in pleasantan. its a giant car show, but the have building you can go into with people that do pinstriping. they'll do it for pretty much everything you have. ive seen them do i pods and cell phones, and i dont think they charge. if they do, its very minimal. im going to try it next time i go.

dedmonwakin

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2009
Destin,FL.
Look up Friendly plastic. These are thin plastic sheets that are heated with a blow dryer to make what ever shape that you desire. People into arts and crafts use this to make jewelry and re-design pen cases. Scroll down this site and you'll see examples. The Art of Friendly Plastic: Friendly Plastic Pen Fever - By Mylene Hillam

This is what the sheets should look like. One and a half inch by seven inches. 6 Friendly Plastic 7" LOT Solid Mix Metallic Sticks - eBay (item 180368174548 end time Jul-12-09 09:21:01 PDT)

Of course, that's for a pack in the example above. But you can go to most arts and crafts store and purchase individual sheets for a buck fifty or online. There are hundreds of colors and patterns to choose from.

Also, if one should go this route, which I haven't done yet, but will for a future box mod. This plastic cannot take over exposure to sunlight, meaning don't leave it on the dash, window seal, or on the heater....which shouldn't happen to your ecigs anyway for the reason of the delicate battery in there. But once that plastic has cooled, it's really durable.

imsewsure

ECF Veteran
May 13, 2009
Stuttgart, Germany
Look up Friendly plastic. These are thin plastic sheets that are heated with a blow dryer to make what ever shape that you desire. People into arts and crafts use this to make jewelry and re-design pen cases. Scroll down this site and you'll see examples. The Art of Friendly Plastic: Friendly Plastic Pen Fever - By Mylene Hillam

This is what the sheets should look like. One and a half inch by seven inches. 6 Friendly Plastic 7" LOT Solid Mix Metallic Sticks - eBay (item 180368174548 end time Jul-12-09 09:21:01 PDT)

Of course, that's for a pack in the example above. But you can go to most arts and crafts store and purchase individual sheets for a buck fifty or online. There are hundreds of colors and patterns to choose from.

Also, if one should go this route, which I haven't done yet, but will for a future box mod. This plastic cannot take over exposure to sunlight, meaning don't leave it on the dash, window seal, or on the heater....which shouldn't happen to your ecigs anyway for the reason of the delicate battery in there. But once that plastic has cooled, it's really durable.

Ooh, Friendly Plastic would be a great decorator. Since you mention it, I'll bet you could use Fimo clay as well. I used to mess around with Friendly Plastic yeeeears ago. Either of them could be used alone to decorate or you could make a sleeve out of it (with the plastic, just heat it long enough for it to be pliable).

bethanylee

Jun 9, 2009
S. Florida
I would say painting the Ecig itself is probably not the best way. Since an ecig is just 3 pieces (battery,Atomizer and Cart) and all of those pieces will go bad. At that point you would have to get another and paint it to match.8-o

Instead how about a tube that you would slide the Ecig into then decorating that.:cool::cool::cool:

hmmm...that might help with the sometimes leaky cartridge, too!

jerseyguy72

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2009
New Jersey USA
www.skinitup.com
I am a sign guy by trade and I do custom prints to wrap cars, computers, etc. As soon as I get my 510 I will be playing around with different ways to customize it and I will report back to you guys. If there is enough interest in it I will throw a website together and become a merchant member here to sell them. I was thinking about doing graphics for PPC's and other cases also. I would need to make templates up for everything which would mean that I would be looking for people local to me who have different models that would be interested in a free customization in exchange for letting me make a template of their cases etc. So if anyone would be interested let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread