How can you add graphics to your e-cig?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zara1269

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2010
Ohio
I recently "bedazzled" my PV's using these strips of sticky jewlels and just put them on the battery...or rather just at the end of the battery b/c I couldn't charge them with them all the way down. They look really cool and I color matched them to the color of the LED. The only problem I see is when they start to fall of whether I'll get the sticky stuff off of my battery. Oh well..they are cute for now.

orachel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Mesa, Arizona...USA
zara1269...Typically when you're trying to get adhesive residue off of stuff, the best thing to use is another adhesive. Don't know why, but that usually works. If you're stuck with sticky ick, try some scotch tape or even duct tape rubbed back and forth..should take it right off. Another option, though this MIGHT possibly scratch up the finish on your battery (i don't know what your finish is like) is to try a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. Those can be found in any grocery or drug store in the cleaning supplies aisle. That's pretty useful when trying to de-stickify stuff, also. Just make sure its not too wet when you use it so you don't have water dripping down your battery. Slightly damp is all you need with the magic eraser. I just used one to get off tons of old peely decals from a 2nd hand bike...worked great.

zara1269

ECF Veteran
Nov 21, 2010
Ohio
zara1269...Typically when you're trying to get adhesive residue off of stuff, the best thing to use is another adhesive. Don't know why, but that usually works. If you're stuck with sticky ick, try some scotch tape or even duct tape rubbed back and forth..should take it right off. Another option, though this MIGHT possibly scratch up the finish on your battery (i don't know what your finish is like) is to try a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. Those can be found in any grocery or drug store in the cleaning supplies aisle. That's pretty useful when trying to de-stickify stuff, also. Just make sure its not too wet when you use it so you don't have water dripping down your battery. Slightly damp is all you need with the magic eraser. I just used one to get off tons of old peely decals from a 2nd hand bike...worked great.

Well it happened and my first battery I blinged up started losing jewels so I scrapped the whole thing (the jewels not the battery) and it came off like a breeze. Thanks for the suggestion though and I will keep that in mind as I am sure I will do more "decorating" in the future. I have always used Goo-Gone to take off every type of sticky stuff but I am way careful about my PV.

I think my next attempt will most likely involve the nail stickers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread