The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

How can you tell if there's Diacetyl in your juice

Discussion in 'Media and General News' started by Vic Vape, Dec 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Mazinny

Mazinny Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 25, 2013
    NY
    Here you go buddy. It's acetyl propyniol, not diacetyl, but a diketone like diacetyl and almost identical flavor profile and risk profile. Doubt you will find a juice with more diketones in the current market. 3769 ppm AP. Enjoy !

VAPOR SHARK - FINE ELECTRONIC CIGARETTES

• Like Like x 3
  2. JJOOHHNN

JJOOHHNN Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Mar 19, 2013
    USA
    Thanks a bunch, I will try it out.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Racehorse

Racehorse ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 12, 2012
    USA midwest
    That was the conclusion that Dr. Farsalinos and Kurt Kistler seemed to give. Actually, not seemed to, Dr. F. said "it does not belong in ejuice."

Then I guess Dr. Farsalinos and Kurt Kistler are ANTZ.

I really don't care. It's all opinion at this point anyway, but I PREFER to use the opinion of educated medical scientists over fellow vapers who just like their custard ejuice and say they're not dead yet.

Yes, you aren't dead yet from smoking either...........so why not just continue to smoke???? (because isn't smoking just something the ANTZ and the govmint told you is bad? Why believe them when it comes to that either?)

• Like Like x 4
  4. skoony

skoony Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 31, 2013
    saint paul,mn,usa
    I thought that was what the other guy was doing.:D
    Regards
    mike

5. JJOOHHNN

Mar 19, 2013
    USA
    It occurs naturally in apples, beans, butter, artichokes, black currants, blueberries, blue cheese and wheat. Does anyone know how much these things produce. Is it only supposed to be harmful as a vapor?

• Like Like x 1
  6. retired1

retired1 Administrator Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 5, 2013
    Texas
  7. EBates

EBates Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Nov 4, 2013
    Texas
    My point was not to call Dr. F or K.K. anything. My point was that these inflammatory 'Studies' are only resulting in a stir that was brought forward long ago. It's only purpose is as a Propaganda Tool. Propaganda must be refreshed periodically elsewise those with still half a brain forget what ever the current Scourge Of Mankind Is.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Kent C

Kent C ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 12, 2009
    NW Ohio US
    John,

Try this:
    Diacetyl exposure graphed.

Follow mostly Mazinny's and my posts to the end. It will involve some reading of the links :- )

• Like Like x 2
  9. Yiana

Yiana Ultra Member

Nov 20, 2015
    Planet Earth
    I vape dikes. However I made my own informed choice to do so because in my case those flavors keep me off cigarettes which I feel is a better choice for me than smoking thousands of chemicals. I also diy, so I do have control on the amount going in my juice.

However, after saying all that, I believe in full disclosure from juice companies to whether dikes are in their juice or not. So the people who choose not to vape them can make an informed choice. I do not believe in any way, shape, or form that these flavorings be banned because for some people these are flavors that keep them off the smokes. And as we all know is much safer and healthier for you than all those thousands of chemicals and poisons in those cigarettes.

• Like Like x 4
  10. JJOOHHNN

Mar 19, 2013
    USA
    A test subject is needed. After some reading I am willing to take this risk for the good of all vapors. I understand 5 Pawns is high in this stuff. At true sea level it is hard to vape in all but a few places. At the seashore you are probably vaping at 3-6 feet above sea level if you feet are at true sea levels. Something will have to be figured out to find acceptable altitude levels. I would like to spend the weekends at higher altitudes but M-F I could be provided a place and near sea level. 100 yards from the Ocean would work. I should be provided 10mls a day of which I have to vape daily of some offending 5 Pawns as long as I get some Gambit in the rotation, anything beyond 10mls is my choice in vape but the first 10mls can be offending juices. All e-liquids should be provided to me free of charge for the ongoing study. Hardware of my choice should also be provided.

I am willing to be subjected to a monthly medical exam paid for by vapors of the vaping industry. Travel should be provided to the medical testing facility. This will also include all medical care as well vaping related or not.

Since I am taking extreme risks for the vaping community there should be small compensation. I should earn minimum wage, that's much but since this is a 24 hour a day thing it should be minimum wage for 24 hours a day. I would be free to take on any other work or activities so long as I vape my !0mls per day of offending juices.

• Like Like x 8
  11. cigarbabe

cigarbabe Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 20, 2010
    Boston,MA.
    JJOOHHNN I'm willing to be tested right along side of you!

Long as it's 24mg in 50/50 or a higher PG!
    Can't wait!
    C.B.[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  12. pennysmalls

pennysmalls Squonkmeister Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 26, 2013
    Indiana
    You guys are funny. :D The thing is though that vapers have been vaping DA for quite awhile already, for free. :D Since they all still have both lungs we could just ask them how it's going.

• Like Like x 2
  13. cigarbabe

cigarbabe Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 20, 2010
    Boston,MA.
    Was already vaping when I joined ecf so it's going on 6 or so years and my lungs are clear. [​IMG]
    To be fair I lost part of a lung from pneumonia {i smoked 3 PAD} when I refused to go to the hospital after ignoring a high fever,pain for 2 weeks. Both lungs collapsed and filled with blood along with a 107 degree temp. Wrapped me in ice and I went directly into surgery {no passing Go!} to save my lungs/life....So zero ill effects from vaping baby! I will say that high VG jooz makes me very congested so I don't use it much.[​IMG]
    Any questions?
    C.B.[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  14. pennysmalls

pennysmalls Squonkmeister Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 26, 2013
    Indiana
    I didn't know you're a DA veteran! I knew you guys were out there! :D I was being totally tongue in cheek with my post. Weird though that I mention having both lungs and you actually had such trouble with yours. Glad to hear you were able to recover from that. And glad to hear you can testify to vaping DA and being fine after 6 years, seriously.

• Like Like x 1
  15. flavor911

flavor911 Registered Supplier ECF Veteran

Feb 20, 2011
    PA USA
  16. Kent C

Jun 12, 2009
    NW Ohio US
    Newly Recognized Occupational and Environmental Causes of Chronic Terminal Airways and Parenchymal Lung Disease

"Histopathologic evaluation shows constrictive bronchiolitis obliterans characterized by inflamed and scarred small airways (Figure 6). Induced sputum from workers with high levels of diacetyl exposure show inflammatory responses as evidenced by higher neutrophil counts and levels of interleukin-8 and eosinophilic cationic protein. [42]Non-smokers may be at higher risk than smokers."

Induced sputum evaluation in microwave popcorn production workers. - PubMed - NCBI

• Like Like x 1
  17. DC2

DC2 Tootie Puffer Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 21, 2009
    San Diego
    So the tar in smokers lungs help protect them?
    I didn't read the thing yet, but that was the first thing that came to mind.

18. Jman8

Jman8 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jan 15, 2013
    Wisconsin
    One would think if you are smelling (inhaling) foods with diacetyl in it, it would mean you are getting doses of it that way. Or that the guy who successfully won lawsuit based on this premise really never had a case.

Seems quite plausible to me that everyone who's been eating food and smelling it at any point has been inhaling diacetyl (their entire life).

ETA: just googled "diacetyl in wine" and found it is 'promoted' in that industry to be added. Knowing that die-hard wine consumers constantly are smelling their wines tells me that it is quite likely people have been inhaling it for a long long long time.

19. Kent C

Jun 12, 2009
    NW Ohio US
    I wasn't able to get the full study for details, but there are a few sources that cite that study with similar wording. There are also two other studies that tend to dismiss, or dismiss outright - no known cases of bronchiolitis obliterans in smokers (see the Pierce study cited above with Mazinny and me - along with the criticism and reply by Pierce to the criticism). Others have assumed that other lung diseases 'mask' B.O. in smokers but that data is scant. Emphysema has different attributes than B.O. - one doesn't get enough O2, whereas 02 isn't a problem with B.O. COPD is also mentioned as 'masking' B.O. (Dr. F mentions this) but again - but I haven't seen actual studies stating so. Dr. F also stated "Bronchiolitis obliterans is not caused by smoking, you are right."

Donate to Dr Farsalinos' new study

As far as 'is it the tar' - again, didn't get that far - paywall on the full study - perhaps it's another positive aspect of nicotine :- ) The Pierce study that addresses the smokers vs. non-smokers in the popcorn factory is the best info I've seen. And it may be something else entirely - perhaps good lawyers with the "right" experts to make the case against butter flavoring. Not like that's impossible - science goes junky when much money is involved.

• Like Like x 3
  20. this is my name

this is my name Senior Member ECF Veteran

I just use cologne to mask my BO

:rickroll:

• Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.