How Do Some People Think Ecigs Are As Expensive As Analogs!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobbyDidge

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2012
New Jersey
The trick to using higher nic for crave times is remembering it takes a while to hit. Have an atomizer and drip tip with you. When you get a crave, put 3 drops of the higher nic in the atomizer and vape it. Then go back to what you usually use. Inside 10 or 15 minutes your crave will be gone and it'll probably be gone for a while. If you vape the higher nic till your crave goes, you probably will get too much. I know all about that.

Can you drip on a normal ego-c setup if I take the tank off?

MikenGA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2011
Georgia
BobbyDidge, from your posts, you remind me of ME. There WAS something "missing" for ME in vaping, and I wasn't able to stick with it. For over 2 years, I smoked AND vaped, so the benefit I was getting was FEWER cigarettes smoked. It wasn't until I upgraded my hardware from a Joye 510 cig-look-alike to a Joye Ego-T - and increasing nic from 18mg to 24mg VG - that I was able to stick with vaping for more than a month. Yet, something was still "missing". I found the solution with WTA.

There are two vendors currently selling WTA juice, and I like both of them. Ethan at Vapelicious.com uses a PG/VG (70/30) mix with WTA, and Jerry at Aroma.com has all VG with WTA. The first couple of times you try WTA juice, you WILL feel a familiar 'brain buzz'...like your brain is 'lighting up', and it WILL be very satisfying. Yet, after a day or two, that 'buzz' will go away, but if your experience is similar to mine, you'll be fine.

WTA got me through the most difficult periods of tobacco withdrawal. Now, several months after making a complete switch to vaping, I vape WTA juice two or three times a week, can go for HOURS without a vape (never even consider analogs - EVER), and have comfortably dropped my nic levels from 24mg, down to 6mg and 12mg. I keep higher nic juice around for when I need it (some mornings), and prefer 24mg nic with WTA when drinking with friends.

It probably took me between 2 and 3 months before I really felt FREE of analogs, and WTA juice was absolutely my lifeboat. It's just unbelievable to me, that after 32+ years of analogs, I'm no longer a smoker, but a vaper.

They say nicotine is addictive, but I'm convinced the worst part of analog addiction comes from the other things burning and going in my lungs. Once I got away from the smoke, the 'addiction' is much like my caffeine addiction...and my sugar addiction; going without either causes me to experience symptoms of withdrawal, but they're NOTHING like the 'nic fit' withdrawals from ciggies...NOTHING AT ALL like like cigs!

Depression: Yep...I smoked because it lifted the clouds, and going cold turkey brought them back. Chantix brought them back. Xanax helped, but xanax is addictive. My doctor said, "Soon as you quit smoking, I'll put you on tranquilizers." :blink:

Screw THAT!! I'd rather VAPE 6mg to 12 mg nic than take pills. PLUS, I LIKE VAPING!!! :)

Sorry to write so much. You're on track to experience success. Just don't give up searching for the solution that works for YOU (because it's out there if you can find it), and don't beat yourself up if you aren't able to make a 100% switch to vaping this month...or this year, because when you figure out your hardware needs - and juice that works for ya - you'll prefer vaping over smoking. When THAT happens, you're home free! :thumbs:

In these early days, as mentioned above, for the times that you need more nic to get through work, up the nic in your juice. 24mg worked for me during the day, but kept me awake at night.

Finally, I just have to throw this out...the one thing I really missed was the flavor of a good tobacco. At the Atlanta Vape Meet (Feb. 18), I received a free sample of 18mg 'Sweet Tobacco' from Ares eLiquid, and it's extremely flavorful, vapes well, and feels very 'familiar' to my soul. It's sort of a tobacco flavor with caramelly vanilla overtones - probably similar to RY4 - but I really like it. I also like most of the Alien Vision juice, and I've learned that COLA is my favorite. It's really hard to find a bad cola flavor.

I could write more, but I'll put a sock in it for now!

GOOD LUCK, GUY! We're pulling for ya! IT GETS BETTER!! :D

BTW - I now use Ego batteries with Stardust cartos and Fluxomizers, as well as a Lavatube with a Vision Stone tank. I'm in GOOD shape, now, and have no desire for more gear...yet! :blink:

Last edited:

MikenGA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2011
Georgia
...If you vape the higher nic till your crave goes, you probably will get too much. I know all about that.
Man oh man...you reminded me of my first 'nic headache'. GAGGERS!!! No fun!! I didn't vape for almost 2 days. i won't do THAT again! ;)

BTW - I just noticed...I've had my SIX MONTH ANNIVERSARY ALREADY and didn't even realize it! :rickroll:

Last edited:

Sweeney Todd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2012
Durham, NC USA
stvapors.com
I am not a doctor, but I would recommend that you tell your doctor that you're trying to quit smoking, and see if they would recommend a change in your antidepressant meds. I talked to a nurse friend about this, and that's what they recommended.

Nothing wrong with WTAs per se, it's just that maybe removing those MAOIs is the right time to double-check meds.

erictho

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2011
Edmonton
i usually only make large vaping purchases, but as other users have pointed out the money spent is invested in a stock that usually lasts long enough to justify the expense. as i continue on i find i spend a lot less on average for vaping supplies. i spent near $200 on juice/hardware/random accessories (shipping included) at the end of feb, and i don't think it'll be until about this time next month that i'm going to feel a little fidgety about my stock. with the exception of juice. i gave away 30 mls to help a coworker get off the analogs and on the vapetrain.
i'm planning two expenses on mechanical mods just to minimize the disposable nature of my hardware. the purchase will be prettty large, but it'll still only be about $60 more than i would have potentially spent some months on cigarettes. the way i conceptualize it is that i will only have to stock on cartos, replacement batteries, and juice. this way the overall money spent stocking up is reduced by a significant amount.
if anything i explain that depending on how much you entertain the hobby you may spend more on average on vaping stuff than on cigarettes, but the expense is more manageable in that it's less frequent.
i used to spend about $30 on a pouch of drum + papers every 4-9 days (more often 4), so i do find infrequent large purchases to be less of a pain to deal with.

Last edited:

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
What's really interesting is tons of people are on antidepressants including myself and combining an MAOI medicine with it can cause death but we are fine when we get it from the cigarettes. I just ordered some of the wta juice but wondering if it's the same type MAOI from cigs or more or the chemical MAOI that they put in MAOI Antidepressants. That can be deadly... Hmmmm what to do
The WTA juice is exactly the same MAOIs as what was in the tobacco it came from.

Nicotine is one of many tobacco alkaloids, but usually the only one extracted for use in our juice.
But WTA has the extracted nicotine, and also the rest of the naturally occurring tobacco alkaloids, some of which are MAOIs.

kushka

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2010
Marietta, GA
Vaping was very expensive for the first 6 months – because I was experimenting – trying every need battery, cartomizer, atomizer and e-liquid that came along.

But, after awhile I realized that I preferred a simple usb passthrough and I have not had to buy a new battery in over a year. The last time I bought e-liquid was last November when I bought 4 120 ml bottles of un-flavored 36mg/ml from Good Prophets for $30 on sale – I have only used 1 and a half bottles so far – (the rest is in my freezer). I go through about 10-15 Smok Tech 1.5 ml dual coil cartomizers a month, at a cost of $20-$30. And that’s it. I learned that I prefer to vape unflavored 30mg/ml e-liquid (flavorings, I realize gunk up ones cartomizers and I could not help but wonder if they were gunking up my lungs, and after trying it, I realized that unflavored vaping was just as satisfying).
So, after the first burst of having to buy and try everything – vaping has become a very cheap habit.

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
Can you drip on a normal ego-c setup if I take the tank off?

Sure, I used to do it when I used cartos. Just carry a 510 atomizer, a drip tip, and a little juice. Unscrew the tank, screw in the atomizer, drip three drops directly into the atomizer, put in the drip tip and vape it. Then go back to the tank. If you don't feel some relief in 10 or 15 minutes, do it again.

You might even try dripping with your regular juice a bit. Tanks weren't the best choice for me. They may not be for you.

BobbyDidge

ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2012
New Jersey
Wow I can't believe how much help you guys have been! It's like we're all a team! Lol

MikenGA we definitely sound alike lol thanks for the advice! Also it's a good decision that you didn't go the Xanax route, though they can be good they can be too good and make them veryyy addicting. I'm on Zoloft which is an ssri (been on it pretty much my whole life) and they also make MAOI antidepressants which can be deadly but it's nice knowing now that DC2 said its not the same type of MAOI you'd get in the medicine but like the small ones from cigarettes (happy I won't be dying when I try the wta juice I orders cause I'm still on Zoloft!)

MickeyRat thanks for the advice also! This morning I dripped with my ego-c setup and wow what a difference. I got that rush. Wasn't sure if you knew what I was talking about when I said can you drip in the ego-c setup meaning strictly just take the tank off and try and drip through the cone to hit the spike tip of the ego-c atomizer. Well it works lol

THANKS ALL!

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
MickeyRat thanks for the advice also! This morning I dripped with my ego-c setup and wow what a difference. I got that rush. Wasn't sure if you knew what I was talking about when I said can you drip in the ego-c setup meaning strictly just take the tank off and try and drip through the cone to hit the spike tip of the ego-c atomizer. Well it works lol

THANKS ALL!

I'm not that familiar wih the ego-c. So, I couldn't say whether you could do that. One thing people tend to forget is that by the time you've been vaping a while, you find what works for you and you don't deviate that much. I'll try the occasional new atomiser or carto but, I'm not going to go out and buy an ego-c. :)

Anyway, I just told you what worked for me. I don't boost my nic all that often anymore. I used to do it a couple times a day. However even now, every once in a while, I'll find that my regular juice isn't cutting it and I need a little boost.

Glad it's helping.

Huuwap

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2012
Idaho
www.huuwap.me
The first two weeks I really decided to make the switch from combustibles to vapor I felt like a total failure most of the time. I really really really really really really really wanted a cigarette that first day and made it up until about 7pm, then decided "to hell with it" and went out and got a fifth of some sort of liquor and a pack of smokes. I smoked most of that pack, drank almost the entire fifth, went to bed ...... off at myself and drunk off my ... (pardon the french). Ended up with a handful of trips to the toilet through the night and a hangover the next day, just disappointed as hell.

I decided to hit the local tobacco shop up for some overpriced cartos because I needed some right away, I wanted to give it another go. Luckily, the cartos they had in stock at 16mg tasted acceptable and I was happy with them, but there was no way I was going to keep paying $15 for 5 prefilled cartos, and I got started on a mad internet journey to find compatible cartos at a lower price. Found out my battery was KR808d-1 threaded and from what I was reading I didn't want that, so put my head down and researched some more. 20 hours of research later, I settled for the KGO and some Boge LR cartos and waited a week for it to be delivered. Got the KGO in (it's an eGo clone and should perform similarly to your eGo-c) and some flavors that I ordered at way too low a nic level, but I still loved it. The taste was there, vapor was actually worth while, and other than being way too sweet I decided I had to keep going with it, so I ordered more juice pretty much immediately.

All this back story aside, the first two to three weeks started off terribly, and I only got through it because I had a real desire to quit. Cravings were definitely there, and most of the time time was the only cure for them...they came and went on their own. I'd have a cigarette or two every other day, more out of habit and my wife still being a smoker than having a craving at the time, but I didn't get down on myself for it. I haven't had a cigarette at this point for probably 35 days, and I quit buying them 49 days ago...so 49 days marks my quit date, and I didn't move it back because of slip-ups, I still considered myself done with cigarettes at that point. As time goes on your physical tie to smokes lessens dramatically, and because you have something new to tie yourself to it's much less of a pain that quitting cold turkey...but it's still a pain. I felt all kinds of weird the first few weeks, and only in the last two have I regained some sense of normalcy.

Hang in there, you'll get through it...but don't push yourself to the point of going out and buying a fifth and a pack of smokes ;). Bum one if you need to, and enforce to yourself that you didn't fail if you do slip up...it's not the end of the world, just another step in breaking a nasty habit.

I wonder why you get so much more nic from straight dripping cause I definitely feel it way more
There's no filler material to contend with, more liquid is being vaporized directly without a need for time to wick to the coil.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I wonder why you get so much more nic from straight dripping cause I definitely feel it way more
The only way you can feel more nicotine is to get more nicotine.
And the only way you can get more nicotine with the same juice is to get more vapor.

Most people would agree that dripping provides more vapor, so that's probably it.

Although most people would notice that they are getting more vapor.
But since you're holding it in, you probably aren't blowing out much more vapor than you did before.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread