• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

How does one get an 'invite'...

Status
Not open for further replies.

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Very Nice :thumbs: to one and all for beinging up this conversation . . . :D

IMO - I think it might be a really good thing to have a "Private GAY Social Group" . . . :thumb:

However, there is a lot to be considered here and some questions need to be answered, but right now - I will just say I'm in . . . I might even be willing to volunteer . . . HEY - What did ya' expect I would just sit on the sidelines and lurk . . .:lol: :lol: :lol:

EDIT: HEY - "Tjloa" . . . You Better Watch It - "Yougin'", remember I'm one of your elders . . . AND - If I become a "mod" of the Group - I just might have "You" put in the "SIN BIN" if you get out of line - Like I know "You" can get ;) . . . :lol: :lol: :lol:

Someone needs to wake that sleepyhead Ty up and get her back in the conversation !

...ROFL !! Uncle Squishy !

FYI y'all...All of the Forum Rules still apply even in a Private Group...just a-throwing this out there...

Tjloa

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
Las Vegas by way of NYC
Very Nice :thumbs: to one and all for beinging up this conversation . . . :D

IMO - I think it might be a really good thing to have a "Private GAY Social Group" . . . :thumb:

However, there is a lot to be considered here and some questions need to be answered, but right now - I will just say I'm in . . . I might even be willing to volunteer . . . HEY - What did ya' expect I would just sit on the sidelines and lurk . . .:lol: :lol: :lol:

EDIT: HEY - "Tjloa" . . . You Better Watch It - "Yougin'", remember I'm one of your elders . . . AND - If I become a "mod" of the Group - I just might have "You" put in the "SIN BIN" if you get out of line - Like I know "You" can get ;) . . . :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ohhh daddy squishy what did I tell you about threating me with a good time! :p

tybin

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
WA
what?! who's shouting at me to wake up? it worked :laugh:
Someone needs to wake that sleepyhead Ty up and get her back in the conversation !

...ROFL !! Uncle Squishy !

FYI y'all...All of the Forum Rules still apply even in a Private Group...just a-throwing this out there...

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
* Post Edited *
And...

I think you'll find tho that using the Forum here is way easier than trying to use the Social Group...it is really limited - and I think it's hard to read in.

the plus part is that the private social group is well "private". only members of a private group and staff can access it.

well.... folks are not using either section, so ....is there a need?

I kinda of agree with everything that has been said . . . AND - I truly think that segregating ourselves form everyone else might be counter productive . . .

However, and this is where it can get a little touchy, as someone who is a Counselor and is involved in the "Behavioral Modification" field - there are times that people can and do feel intimated to express themselves openly and freely - even here on ECF . . .

AND - As most everyone already knows, although ECF does not tolerate anyone being bigoted and/or prejudicial to anyone, there are many a times that people have and do come down on others because they are different in many other ways . . be it direct or indirect . . . AND - No matter what is said, it does happen (YES - I have seen it happen and not just to "Me") and only those effected by what was said or done really know if it has happened - simply because of the way it makes them feel.

More importantly, as someone who is a "Mental Health Professional" - IMO - there really should be a "SAFE" place that Lesbian and Gay Men feel comfortable to express themselves freely about what is happening for them - be it about "eCig", the reactions they get in their local communities/family, and here on ECF that they find difficult to express in the larger ECF Community that might not be understood by others - because they are not "homosexual" and cannot really relate to what "We' as Homosexual and who are "GAY" may have to go through. Just look at most of the post already, especially with all the sexual innuendo's and people coming on to one another throughout the threads . . . Some people do not even realize that they are doing it, given that the norm here is based on society as a whole . . . So imagine if a Lesbian/Gay Man came on to someone like some other people have too . . . Remember - "We" are a reflection of Society as a whole here on ECF too . . .

So I think it would a good thing and before any other decision is made - to let this conversation continue to hear what other's say and what they would want to happen . . .

Maybe ECF Administration/Staff could set-up a separate thread and poll out in the general ECF Community to ask people who might not have seen this thread since the "Gay Group" is not that active given that many "Gay" people on ECF don't even know it is here . . . Hey - I have even had to point a few people here that contacted "Me" privately - not knowing if there was a gay group on ECF . . What is even more important - they did not want to "come out" and/or let people in the ECF Community know they were Lesbian/Gay because of the possible repercussions . . .

So - Just something to think about and a suggestion . . . ;)

Tjloa

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
Las Vegas by way of NYC
Evening all.

And I agree open it up. This area could be the as you say "general area" where things are kept on the so called norm. And the other group can be the Free and safe zone.

I am fortunate in the fact I came out at 18 to my very NY Italian Mafia family. And if they didn't have a problem with me then I could care less what others think of me. Except those that I consider close to or friends. It was hard enough to come out the first time so much so I had seriously thought about killing myself. After I came out I also decided to never be forced back in that closet. I went through my in your face activism in those days lol. But now I'm a bit more relaxed about life. I enjoy myself like to joke and be playful but I'm also the type that when someone says hey that bothers me then I do what I can not to do it again. But at the same point I am a true believer in excepting people for who they are and expect the same.

Now with that said I am still a bit tame in here. I'm a very rambunctious 44 year old guy and really would like a place that I don't have to be afraid to be my true self with out fear of retaliation or bashing. Because at this point in my life those that would do that to me might not like what they got back in return. I am not a fighter I prefer a peaceful but fun lifestyle. And I really hate myself when I'm forced to be aggressive to protect myself. So I do avoid those kind of scenarios the best I can. And would really like to be able to let the hair down so to speak every once in a while.

Like Uncle mentioned I have seen here where things have been said that could turn into more then it should just because of ignorance alone or just a slip of the tongue. Sometimes its completely intentional or it was like I said a slip but that doesn't mean it hurts any less. And IMO leaves people feeling uncomfortable and lacking an outlet. So I couldn't agree more with Uncle when he said

AND - As most everyone already knows, although ECF does not tolerate anyone being bigoted and/or prejudicial to anyone, there are many a times that people have and do come down on others because they are different in many other ways . . be it direct or indirect . . . AND - No matter what is said, it does happen (YES - I have seen it happen and not just to "Me") and only those effected by what was said or done really know if it has happened - simply because of the way it makes them feel.

More importantly, as someone who is a "Mental Health Professional" - IMO - there really should be a "SAFE" place that Lesbian and Gay Men feel comfortable to express themselves freely about what is happening for them - be it about "eCig", the reactions they get in their local communities/family, and here on ECF that they find difficult to express in the larger ECF Community that might not be understood by others - because they are not "homosexual" and cannot really relate to what "We' as Homosexual and who are "GAY" may have to go through. Just look at most of the post already, especially with all the sexual innuendo's and people coming on to one another throughout the threads . . . Some people do not even realize that they are doing it, given that the norm here is based on society as a whole . . . So imagine if a Lesbian/Gay Man came on to someone like some other people have too . . . Remember - "We" are a reflection of Society as a whole here on ECF too . . .

I also have to admit that I was rather shocked that this section was so un populated. If it wasn't for another Gay member that I could clearly tell was gay and asked I wouldn't have know this area existed. These boards are HUGE and people can easily get lost or just don't dig far enough to find it because of the exhaustion of all there is here to go through. Lol I would love to see more activity here and I think this is the right direction. Having the LGBTQ community scattered all over these boards without the knowledge this is here for them to escape to IMO is something that needs to change.

Ok I'm done for now lol /huge bear hugs all

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
Well put everyone! I look forward to this sub-forum getting busy again! :)

Tjloa - if you are referring to the title, where yours currently says "Ultra Member", just go to Settings (top of any forum page), then click Edit Profile (left, center of page), then about halfway down, you'll see a section titled "Optional Information". In that section, the first thing listed is Custom User Title. There is a blank field below where it shows your current title. Just type in that field what you want (within the rules of course ;) ), and voila!

Hope that helps! If not, just let me know. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread