• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

How does one get an 'invite'...

Status
Not open for further replies.

sk8r

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2013
Igloo, Ontario, Canada
My 2-cents.....I do think that there needs to be a 'Private' Group for LGBT members on here. Personally, I don't have any issue with an Open, Non-Private LGBT Group/Forum, coz I have been completely 'out' for years and years, in real life, and on the Net. I'm in my 60's, married to another woman (we've been together for 20 years) and there are NO family/job/friends issues in our lives.

BUT, I know that we are probably not typical (partly coz we live in Canada, not the US or UK etc), and that there are probably a large number of members on here who cannot, for whatever reason, be all that open about their sexuality, and a Private safe place would, I think be a real blessing for soemone who is in that kind of situation.

Like I said, just my 2-cents....:)

Tjloa

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
Las Vegas by way of NYC
Sk8r I am much like you been with my partner for 19 years. Only exception is I am the out one and he's the wayyyyyyy conservative one that's in the closet in public. I know I know lol but it works for us. Both Our families know and friends but other then that for him its hush hush. Lol makes me laugh really cause when we are out if he thinks peeps cant figure it out he's nutts lol but hey if it makes him happy.

Anyway I say this because I didn't think of the can't be out reason you mentioned. Hmmmm maybe because I don't have the think in the closet mentality anymore? lol

But that is one of the most valid reasons I didn't think of /smacks head.

And now that made me think of people (some I know in real life like this) who are just (I guess for the lack of a better work) shy and around others who aren't LGBT keep to them selves and don't really socialize unless around other LGBT people.

My other thought is like what has been said earlier. The majority of LGBT on here don't know this area exists. And the few that do are active all over these boards lol. Right Uncle Mr. Socialite /snickers.

I have this part of the form at the top of my subscribed list and barely see anyone in here except those few who have either been here a bit and know this area or its the ones that either find it on accident, directed here and then they don't come back because its so dead in this far off part of the forums lol.

I always respond to a new post in here as a few others do but less then a handful of peeps responding doesn't help to retain newbs. Sort of like when you go into a bar and you only see a few at the bar the rest of the place is empty. That's the point where people say ok its dead in here lets go someplace else.

Its sad really because and I hate to say it but the LGBT peeps are a fickle bunch lol If the place isn't hopping they move on :(

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
WOW - 269 Views and only 43 replies to this thread . . .

Although there are many who may not see the need to, especially since they are out in the ECF Community (as I am - like you didn't know - Right ;) ) - I sure wish there were some more of ECF's Lesbian and Gay Men (And Yes - That does include everyone in the Gay Community - Be you "Bi-sexual', "Transgendered", "Questioning", etc. - and even GAY Friendly "Heterosexuals") that are here that would voice their opinions and/or mention if they would be willing to help moderate the "Private" Gay Group . . .

SO Far - It looks like there is "Tjloa", "Tybin", and "Myself" - ANYONE ELSE ? ? ?

Last edited:

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
I will help mod!!

But I think the part of all the views and no responses leads back to some comments already made.

Of course "You" are probably right, however I would like to give it a little more time and see if there are any other's who will reply and/or volunteer to assist with the group also before making any commitment to open the "Private" Gay Group again, especially since I know - like myself - people have other personal/professional commitments too . . . :D

Tjloa

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
Las Vegas by way of NYC
Chiming in!!! Thanks to Tjloa for posting in the general section that this group even existed. I had no idea. Out and proud here, but yeah, it is nice to have a place to come where we're understood.

Not sure how being LGBT affects our vaping, cuz juice don't discriminate, but what the hell. It's nice to connect with our own peeps!

woo hoo welcome !!!!

Welcome-Rainbow-Stars.gif

JasonInTN

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2011
Cookeville, TN
Well put everyone! I look forward to this sub-forum getting busy again! :)

Tjloa - if you are referring to the title, where yours currently says "Ultra Member", just go to Settings (top of any forum page), then click Edit Profile (left, center of page), then about halfway down, you'll see a section titled "Optional Information". In that section, the first thing listed is Custom User Title. There is a blank field below where it shows your current title. Just type in that field what you want (within the rules of course ;) ), and voila!

Hope that helps! If not, just let me know. :)

Don't mean to derail this thread but just checked my edit profile page. Under "Optional Information" mine has "Home Page URL:" Not enough posts maybe?

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Hey, I'm kinda new on this Board, but I do moderate a couple of other sites so, what the Hell, I'll help out, no worries. :)

THANKS - That looks like there are 4 of "Us" so far that are willing to keep an "EYE OPEN" . . . :D

Now - If "We" could only get 2 more people interested to volunteer to be Group Moderators (IMO - I think we will need 6 in total and in a couple of different time zones - or gets up early or stays up late - so no one person is over burdened at any one time) - I think maybe we could actually get the "Private" Gay Social Group back up and running . . . :thumbs:

Then - Possibly a discussion about what the "critera" for admittance will be . . .;)

And - Knowing Whom to Invite . . .;)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited:

JasonInTN

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2011
Cookeville, TN

Hey Sonic...thanks for the reply. I did check the new members info before posting that question and did not see anything specific to it. Just checked your payment link. Nothing specific about it there either that I can find but it must be one of the "Greater forum permissions" mentioned. Thanks again, Jason

sk8r

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2013
Igloo, Ontario, Canada
THANKS - That looks like there are 4 of "Us" so far that are willing to keep an "EYE OPEN" . . . :D

Now - If "We" could only get 2 more people interested to volunteer to be Group Moderators (IMO - I think we will need 6 in total and in a couple of different time zones - or gets up early or stays up late - so no one person is over burdened at any one time) - I think maybe we could actually get the "Private" Gay Social Group back up and running . . . :thumbs:

Then - Possibly a discussion about what the "critera" for admittance will be . . .;)

And - Knowing Whom to Invite . . .;)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, I strongly suspect that folks will do what the OP here did, and ask. The 'art' then is to be as sure as we can of who we're dealing with. On a different Board, dealing with what is a 99% male subject/sport, we have a Women's area, and we try and ensure that the person really is female by checking their Intro post, and a certain number of subsequent posts, and we have found that it isn't that difficult to 'filter' the members.....

Last time I checked, my gadar is still working......:D

SO, STEP UP HERE LADIES AND GENTS!! Who's gonna help out??? :D

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
Well, I strongly suspect that folks will do what the OP here did, and ask. The 'art' then is to be as sure as we can of who we're dealing with. On a different Board, dealing with what is a 99% male subject/sport, we have a Women's area, and we try and ensure that the person really is female by checking their Intro post, and a certain number of subsequent posts, and we have found that it isn't that difficult to 'filter' the members.....

Last time I checked, my gadar is still working......:D

SO, STEP UP HERE LADIES AND GENTS!! Who's gonna help out??? :D

Yep - Also could check out the other "closed" threads here too - so an "invitation" could be sent to those who might be interested in joining the group too . . .

AND BTW - Persoanlly, I would really "like" to see a "Women's Area" and a "Men's Area" also being used within the group - especially so that people could feel as "Safe" to have open and free discussions that concern's just them too . . Jusy sayin' . . . ;)

lol does gaydar work over the internet xD

Oh MY - Without a doubt, it's just like "knowing" someone's gender . . . It really all depends on the person's use of words and their verbiage, including the "tenor" of their voice within their post - "GAYDAR" surly does WORK . . .
animated_gif_planes_012.gif

(Well at least - IMO - that is what I have found in "My" Experience's on the Interent . . .;))

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread