Status
Not open for further replies.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
It is normal. You only mention the tank heating up, not the mod, so why do you think it the mods fault? You would do better to buy a 2nd mod and switch between vaping them instead of pushing both the mod and tank to the extremes. One can be cooling down while you use the other one. If you keep pushing them to the limits they won't last as long and if the 'one' you already have stops working you will have nothing to vape on. Prepare for it and never be without something to vape. Doing so increases the likely event of you going back to cigarettes.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
I have a Vaporesso Target Pro, and it should be able to handle 315C without any severe problem. However, when I vape too fast at a temperature as low as 220C, the tank becomes so hot that it can burn my lips. Is this normal, or a faulty mod?

You answered your own question.

220c isn't what anyone would consider a low temperature, water boils at 100c.

Asmani

May 18, 2018
Iran
I agree with you all, I just had a wrong reading of what @Imfallen_Angel suggested:

The truth is, your tank should not get that hot under "normal" use, so it might be a case that this tank is simply not the right tank for you as cCells aren't meant for massive repeated DL hits, there are more "in between MTL and DL" type.

Anyway, the wattage I read at 220C is around 25w. Since there are tanks that can handle up to 230w, I expected less heat at 25w. My conclusion is that my mod is not faulty, it's the wrong mod for my purposes.

Last edited:

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
I want to be able to vape at 30w without the tank becoming so hot. With my mod, 30w translates to 230C. I don't like this.

Why have you predetermined that you want to vape at 30w?

30w is pretty meaningless without another part of the equation. What coil and Ω are you using?
What mode are you using because you're talking watts and temperature?
How are you seeing 30w translate to 230°C?

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
I agree with you all, I just had a wrong reading of what @Imfallen_Angel suggested:

Anyway, the wattage I read at 220C is around 25w. Since there are tanks that can handle up to 230w, I expected less heat at 25w. My conclusion is that my mod is not faulty, it's the wrong mod for my purposes.

From what you've been saying, you're concentrating on the wattage instead of the experience... if you're pushing that tank too hard, it's absolutely normal for it to get very hot.

I don't get where you get the belief that there's very few tanks that can handle 230W, as that's mostly tanks with massive multi-coil set ups. It's not so much the tank, but the coil used. And cCells are not made for high wattage at all.

Are you using wattage mode or temp. control mode? Your posts are very confusing at that subject.

You need to lower your wattage and/or temp to a fairly low setting, and then increase them bit by bit until you get to the point of your "happy medium".

Your mod isn't "wrong" for your purpose, just about every regulated mods are the same approach.. the trouble is your approach and mindset.

Start low, increase until you reach the "right" setting for you.. that's something you can do with any regulated mod.

You can have a setting of 15W and 300F and it'll be perfect on one tank and coil... and on another tank/coil set up, it could be 25W and 320F that will give you the same experience.

And if after all that, you're still not happy, I stand with what I've said, then consider looking at other tanks, but the mod will be just fine with any tank that you put on it.

Last edited:

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
I want to be able to vape at 30w without the tank becoming so hot. With my mod, 30w translates to 230C. I don't like this.

You're not making any sense, have you read & do you undunderstand the user/ owners manual for your power device?

Why 30w?
The whole reason for owning a variable output power device is to be able to adjust power up or down and or adjust temp up or down to find your own personal sweet spot using the almost endless amount of variables avalible in vaping.

Always start low in watts or temp and gradually work your way up until you find what you like best.
Each delivery device, air flow, resistance, coil & wire type, head, pg/vg ratio, flavorings etc... will taste best a different watt or temp ranges.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Depending on the juice, I usually find somewhere between 25 to 30w as the right wattage for me with my cCell 0.5 ohm coils.

What is my problem? My mod gets too hot at my favorite range.

I assume you like vapor hot and you're vaping a lot. Some drip tips get hot.

I realize you're not where there are a lot of options. The normal fix would be a drip tip of a different material that doesn't conduct heat as well and longer.

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
Depending on the juice, I usually find somewhere between 25 to 30w as the right wattage for me with my cCell 0.5 ohm coils.

What is my problem? My mod gets too hot at my favorite range.

This isn't helping,

Is it your mod or your tank that's getting hot?

If we stay with your first post that it's the tank and this statement that now it's your "mod" is just a mistake, then it really is a case that you'll have to consider looking at other options.

The cCells have limited airflow, are fairly small coil cartridges and are not meant for chain vaping and cloud production as what you're saying that you're doing with them.

My experience with these type of coils/tanks was great for a time, but I did end up moving on as they simply weren't "enough" for me, they would be hot at times, but also after that I was rebuilding them for a while, I figured that I might as well go with RTAs (as more and more decent models were coming out)... and the difference between a cartridge tank and an RTA is huge.

So if you want to stay with cartridges, you might have to consider other models/type, such as the much larger multi-coil type, and also, even a very simple RTA would be something that would be easy to build and give you the experience that you're hoping to get.

If I was to recommend you anything (RTA), at this time, I'd say: The Zeus single coil.

It's a very easy tank to build, it's excellent in quality and you will be much happier than with the cCell tank.

Get with SS316L 26 gauge wire, make coils that are 3mm in diameter, at about 0.5ohm range, decent cotton for the wicking.

------------

That said, if it is your mod that is getting hot due to heat transfer from the tank, then no question about it, get some heat diffusers to put between the mod and the tank, and other diffusers between the tank and tip.

But again, if you're pushing that tank so hard that it's getting that hot, look for another tank type.

Note that if it's that hot, you're also cooking your liquid which will make it taste different, probably caramelizing it.

Last edited:

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Power device / (mod? - the part you put a battery in, hold in you hand, it has the display & buttons to adjust modes and the fire button)

Have you read & understand the owners manual?

If your power device (mod?) is getting hot, what exact battery are you using?
Name brand and numbers or letters on wrap to help identify if you're unsure.

If the delivery device / (tank) is getting hot that is normal for chain vaping, using too much power (watts), setting too high temp if using a TC mode or not enough airflow to help cool the head.
Airflow is the delivery devices cooling system, at 25 - 30w using the delivery device & heads you are, the airflow needs to be wide open and use a strong enough inhale to pull maximum air through the head so it doesn't overheat.
This would be as close to a DTL inhale style as you can get using this delivery device (tank).

If you're trying to MTL this delivery device & head combo at 25w - 30w - yes, it is going to get real hot, you will burn heads rapidly, it will cause all sorts of problems like you've been having.

Which inhale method do you prefer?
MTL - smooth, longer, light to medium strength, restrictive to airy inhale.
DTL, hard, fast, shorter, deep direct into your lungs wide open free unrestricted airflow.

Seems like you're using watt mode not a temp control mode. Yet this thread is in temp control sub section.
Could be you're confused, if in tc mode, watts are set for how fast the coil heats up, temp is set to control how hot it gets.

Last edited:

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
My question is...if you have set a temp you must be in tc mode, right? Then you had to pick which type of wire is being used in that stock coil. You need to replace that with power/watts mode. Then the temp side of the equation is now mute. Try vaping it then. I think you will have a much better experience.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
My question is...if you have set a temp you must be in tc mode, right? Then you had to pick which type of wire is being used in that stock coil. You need to replace that with power/watts mode. Then the temp side of the equation is now mute. Try vaping it then. I think you will have a much better experience.

It's confusing.
cCell 0.5Ω is SS316L so it could go either way but a 30w limit in TC probably isn't getting to the maximum temperature and if it is it's not getting there fast.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
It's confusing.
cCell 0.5Ω is SS316L so it could go either way but a 30w limit in TC probably isn't getting to the maximum temperature and if it is it's not getting there fast.
Agreed, but vaping in power/mode should stop or slow down the tank getting so hot. And if its getting there so slowly, he must not stop for a normal breath. sigh who does that?

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Agreed, but vaping in power/mode should stop or slow down the tank getting so hot. And if its getting there so slowly, he must not stop for a normal breath. sigh who does that?

LOL, I was just video recording my Aegis Legend to see what it's doing in TC/TCR. I'm a bit heady right now :lol: And that's at 6mg.

I was a steam engine when I first quit but that was much lower power devices.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I believe it MAY depend on the mod? I've had some mods that begin at "whatever wattage I set" and then the next vape Proceed Directly to the highest limiting temp I've set. It's entirely possible that on those mods, I have not set the wattage/TC mode correctly, and it's only ever happened ONCE when I accidentally turned on TC (it was a TC capable coil) so I'm pretty sure my settings were messed up.

That may well be the case for you @Asmani . You haven't figured out your settings correctly and you need to do so an no one can help if you don't tell us what mod you are using. Etc. Some mods do TC better than others.

Also, if that is happening you are doing something wrong. Your TC is TOO HIGH anyway, but your mod should politely vape at 30 watts until you REACH your limiting temperature (currently way too HIGH) and at that point, throttle back, etc.

There's nothing wrong with vaping 30 watts. But 30 watts, (unless you are chain vaping) is not going to get you to the temperature set FAST, (and it's way too high anyway) if at ALL. I use TC mostly when out and about because the way I vape, the eliquids I make and etc are designed to be temperature limiting ANYWAY (not to mention the amount I rotate and etc.)

Learn more about TC, but I have a hunch you aren't really vaping 30 watts for that long, watch some youtube reviews on your devices to figure out how to operate them correctly.

Good luck,

Anna

• Agree
Reactions: Myk
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread